Start by marking “Demon Demon Burning Bright (Whisperings, #4)” as Want to Read:
Demon Demon Burning Bright (Whisperings, #4)

Demon Demon Burning Bright (Whisperings #4)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  240 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
“I would tear the world apart for Rio. Would you do the same for Royal?”

Royal disappears. He is a demon with inhuman abilities who moves between worlds at will. He could be anywhere. He leaves me a clue that takes me to Bel-Athaer, home of the Gelpha, but the High House councilors kick me out.

I’m going back in. I’ll find the mysterious Seer who sent Royal a message, and
Paperback
Published January 12th 2012 by Linda Welch (first published December 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Demon Demon Burning Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Demon Burning Bright

Cassie
Sharon
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For all of you who have read the first 3 books, we finally get some answers to the mystery surrounding Tiff, the Gelpha, and the Dark Cousins! Yay . Linda shows us a whole new part of the Bel-Athaer world we had no idea existed. I was also happy to see some more of my favorite self-centered Gelpha, Christopher Plowman. While some mysteries were wrapped I am looking forward to the next book and what direction it will take from here.

For those of you who haven't read the other 3 books, I suggest yo
Carol Kerry-green
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, 2012
Tiff Banks is just your every day American Private Investigator - or is she? Tiff can see and talk to the dead, those violently slain either by murder or accident, which comes in handy when you want to find out who killed three people in a mill fire that looks like arson, you ask them and they tell you who killed them - and fortunately for Tiff she has a good relationship with the local police force!

But, there is more to Tiff than that, for one thing she has a demon lover, Royal, a Gelpha who w
Sue
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
AWESOME!! This is definitely the best of the series to date. We, as well as Tiff, get answers to so many questions and boy are they stunning! I certainly didn't expect this turn of events. So happy with the outcome and looking very forward to the future for Tiff, Royal and hopefully, Chris, Gia, Lawrence and others.
Opal
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my reviews here and on the Akamai Reader!

3.5 star rating

The fourth book of the Whisperings series started out well. Royal has disappeared in mysterious circumstances. I ached to find out why. Tiff was shaping up to be on her best behavior. She set out to find Royal no matter what the cost. She was brave. She was resourceful. She contacted the Dark Cousin Gia and found a way into Gelpha. They’re all set to brave the land in an uneasy truce together.

Everything sounds great right? Until Chris
Mara
Jan 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Ms Welch's forth book revolves around Tiffany Banks' past. Some of it was pretty obvious but it was still nice to have the full story. I liked this novel a bit less than the previous ones in the series because of a few "flaws" (personal, as usual).

-The enemy was pretty ridiculous. I could not really believe a trickster would be such a powerful man, feared by demons. After facing a dark cousin, Orcus was too "normal". All power-hungry are dangerous, but he was such a let down. :)

-A bigger let dow
Valerie Long
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amazon let me wait a long time before this book became available in print in Germany. When I finally got it, I had to put it aside. I knew I wouldn’t be able to put it down once I’d started reading, and there I was right. With her fourth “Whisperings” sequel “Demon Demon Burning Bright”, Linda Welch again has created a thrilling read that keeps me sucked into the story. Even the few chapters where she deviates from her usual first-person storytelling to show me some other insights don’t spoil th ...more
Adrienne Testa
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
When Royal disappears, Tiff is on the hunt to find him. She travels to the other world with Gia and Chris, unraveling the threats and riddles to uncover the truth. Its not surprising when Tiff's heritage is revealed, the reader figured it out in the first book. It is not surprising who is behind the killings in the other world and why. The history of the Gelphas, dark cousins and seers but the story is unsatisfying. The author continues to fill the story with unnecessary filler that distracts fr ...more
Nanci de Suffren
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Unlike the previous "Demon" stories, this one had considerably more descriptive prose throughout which served only to lengthen the story. I liked the story but it could have been told more succinctly. The pace slowed down considerably when wading through the descriptions of what was being worn or the landscape. I found it a bit frustrating to keep running into tedious paragraphs describing colors or fabrics or hair or whatever. This is not like the previous books which moved well and provided ju ...more
Marianne
My favorite Whisperings novel by far. Not only because a large chunk of the story takes part in Bel-Aether, but because we learn so much more about Tiff herself, the origins and shady machiations of the dark cousins and how they might all be a threat to Bel'Aether and the High House.

Then there is a certain charismatic, narcissistic Gelpha called Christopher Plowman who unscrupelously uses his powers of seduction on any and all members of the female sex, including Tiff. While I (and Tiff) am tota
Marilyn Groves
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4
Royal disappears & Tiff goes after him - finding out more about herself as she goes (and dealing with bad guys along the way of course).

This book was more about Tiff's history and adventures than her ability of speaking with the dead (and solving crimes), but was still very good and continued the story well.

As one who rarely reads urban fantasy, which this book is veering into, I'm still enjoying the series very much.
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Linda Welch has created a wonderful world where humans and demons cohabit, without most humans knowing of course. Tiff is mostly on her own this time, and she has to figure it out before she loses the man she loves. Will she ever be the same?
Daryol R. Forinash
I love these stories!!!

I started reading this series when I ran out of things things to do while confined with pneumonia. I like the way the end of one book melds into the beginning of the next.
Kirsten Lenius
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
More details of Tiff's past come to light.
Valerie
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great book!!! I love everything about this series!!! Going to be so sad when it is over!
Phyllis Moore
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Love this series. The heroine is great at taking care of herself. No damsel in distress. Very low on the sexual explicitness.
Anne Fletcher-jones
they just get better!

I really enjoyed this story. Great characters, fast-moving and a very satisfying read. Can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Ann
May 08, 2014 added it
As are all the books in this series, a great adventure that keeps you turning the pages even when you know you have work to do!
Missyb
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
starts slow, but then heats up and gets interesting and exciting, giving you plenty of mystery & twists to keep you turning the page.
Vickie Mathis
Jul 14, 2012
Rachel Peterson
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sins of the Flesh (Half-Breed #2; Imp World #11)
  • Wrath and Bones (The Marnie Baranuik Files #4)
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost
  • The Last Lord Of The Moors
  • Abigail
  • The Archer's Heart Book Three (The Archer's Heart, #3)
  • Blood Moon
  • Cooking with Ergot
  • The Devil You Know (Nick Englebrecht, #1)
  • The Butcher and the Beast
  • Secret Hollows (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #7)
  • A Patch of Darkness (Sierra Fox, #1)
  • A Fluffy Tale
  • Peanut Butter Kisses
  • The Psychic and the Sleuth
  • Tainted Soul (Tainted, #2)
  • The Curse of the Dragon God (Fathom's Five, #3)
  • Mission to Mahjundar
Born in England, Linda ended up in the USA and lived in New Mexico, Idaho and California before settling in the Wasatch Mountains of northern Utah near a small community called Eden. She lives there with her husband and Scottish terrier, and an awful lot of wildlife. She is the author of the Whisperings paranormal mysteries: Along Came a Demon, The Demon Hunters, Dead Demon Walking, Demon Demon Bu ...more
More about Linda Welch...

Whisperings (10 books)
  • Along Came A Demon (Whisperings, #1)
  • The Demon Hunters (Whisperings, #2)
  • Dead Demon Walking (Whisperings, #3)
  • Demon on a Distant Shore (Whisperings, #5)
  • A Conspiracy of Demons (Whisperings, #6)
  • Tiff Takes on Halloween.: A Whisperings Paranormal Mystery Short Story
  • The Midnight Choir: A Whisperings Paranormal Mystery Short Story
  • Road Trip: A Whisperings Paranormal Short Story
  • Dark Demon Rising: Whisperings Paranormal Mystery book seven

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00