Start by marking “The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens: CBT and ACT Skills to Help You Build Social Confidence” as Want to Read:

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just flick a switch and make your shyness go away? No more worrying about what others think about you, no more embarrassment in front of other people. You could just relax and feel comfortable and confident, the way you probably think everyone else feels.

If you struggle with shyness, you’re all too familiar with the feeling of not knowing
Published June 1st 2012 by Instant Help (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens

Start your review of The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens: CBT and ACT Skills to Help You Build Social Confidence
Vijay
Jan 06, 2019 added it
Alex Bleach
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alex by: alexanderbleachwriter@gmail.com
Very good book. I've needed for work for some training I've been doing. I found it covers CBT in very simple terms, basically recognising negative thoughts and basing them on reality. Good practical guide for anyone working with teenagers.
Viewpoints Radio
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We talk with author Jennifer Shannon about this crippling disorder and how it affects teens. Listen to our radio show/podcast here: https://radiohealthjournal.wordpress.... ...more
Valeria
Good intro to ACT strategies for teens suffering from anxiety

A good self-help book focusing on behavioral strategies to overcome anxiety. This book is meant to be read by teens and their parents.
Jessie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I read it really quickly as I already understood most of what I read. I would hav found it more useful had i read it when i was 14 or so, rather than my current age of 18.
Sarah 🕺🏻
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting book with useful information.
Loriann Oberlin
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My favorite parts of this resource include the anxiety ladder and exposure ladder, for we in this field know that exposure therapy is the gold-crown of helping clients and helping oneself through specific anxiety.

Jennifer Shannon shows us in a very visual way what that worry ladder and treatment looks like. She uses scaling, cartoons, journaling and limited text broken up with pictures/graphics to appeal to younger readers.

I do recommend this for its cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT) approach
Joey Reyes
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Managed to make me laugh while teaching me important lessons on overcoming shyness and social anxiety. :)
Talena

• Masal Terapi
  • A Country Doctor's Notebook
  • Ben Enerjiyim
  • Brief einer Unbekannten
  • The Executive Functioning Workbook for Teens: Help for Unprepared, Late, and Scattered Teens
  • Ikigai: Los secretos de Japón para una vida larga y feliz
  • The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook
  • Age of War (The Legends of the First Empire, #3)
  • Bibliostyle: How We Live at Home with Books
  • Doll Bones
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Chess Story
  • Model City: Pyongyang
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Swive [Elizabeth] (NHB Modern Plays)
My journey writing this book began as a 5 year-old, sitting next to my mother while she studied for her psychology classes. I wanted so much to be a psychologist and help others. But I needed plenty of help myself. I was an anxious child, prone to stomach aches, missing school, and nightmares of a man who lived under the house. When my father died I worried obsessively that my mother could die too ...more