Start by marking “One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)

One Man Rush

(Double Overtime #1)

Matchmaking Case File #114
Requested Match: Kyle Murphy, pro hockey player. (This guy can score.)
Challenge: Not looking for anything serious (yet).
Notes: Ridiculously attractive, sexy, irresistible…and I want him for myself!

Matchmaker Marissa Collins is looking for a man. A hot, successful man. But the man she's considering—hockey player Kyle Murphy—is for a prospective cli
Published March 20th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Man Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Man Rush

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
One Man Rush is book one in the Double Overtime series by Joanne Rock. I won this book in a package from a give-a-way.

matchmaker:

Marissa Collins is a matchmaker. She loves finding a client’s perfect match, she’s good at it. In the past she has been happy with making enough of a living to get by for herself but it is no longer enough. Her mother is suffering from a traumatic brain injury and she needs a new experimental drug. Somehow Marissa has to find a way to earn the money. Her newest client’s rich fath
Joanne Rock
May 01, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't rate it since I wrote it, but I can tell you what I liked about it. Love writing sports heroes because I feel like I understand the mentality. Also enjoy writing the world that they move through. If you liked this one, the follow up is HER MAN ADVANTAGE. Both books are part of the longer "Murphy Men" series which includes MAKING A SPLASH, RIDING THE STORM and FULL SURRNDER (that last one will be out in September 2012).
Lisa Filipe
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sports Romance, Fans of See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Shelves: acr, gifted-by-author
For fans of Rachel Gibson's Seattle Chinook's Hockey Series, you will LOVE One Man Rush by Joanne Rock. Kyle and Marissa reminded me a lot of Luc and Jane, who are my favorite Hero and Heroine of the series.

Marissa Collins needs to get her matchmaking business off the ground, if she wants to keep the home that might help with her mother's rehabilitation after an accident that caused her serious brain damage. She needs to make a match between Kyle Murphy, the best shot on the Philadelphia Phantom
Carol Storm
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fun, light contemporary about a professional matchmaker who meets her match -- a professional hockey player!

Joanne Rock has a special talent for creating gentle, vulnerable heroines. I really warmed to Marissa right away, like she was an old friend. I admired how much she cared about her ailing mother -- and even more how she was ready to step out from behind her mother's shadow at the end.

I loved Kyle too, though as a non-sports person who finds hockey boring I really couldn't get too excited
LaFleurBleue
Rather short book with two romances in parallel. That does not give much space for strong development. The answer to that is a story with a shortened timeline - I guess no more than 3 weeks take place between beginning and end.
I liked the characters, especially the lead couples who seemed very down-to-earth. I would have liked seeing more of them, interacting with their family especially. Both first and secondary stories would have been worth of a full-length story. But the story rather worked
Angela Crockett
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was a re-read for me and then I discovered that I had not left a review for it. . . . . I remember how much fun I had reading this story. Marissa Carver is a professional match maker and her client wants Kyle Murphy. So what if her client is not right for Kyle. . . add the attraction between Kyle and Marissa? You can never go wrong with any of Joanne Rock's Stories. Highly Recommended.
Janet
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 stars = HBZ #678
Julie Barrett
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One Man Rush by Joanne Rock
This Murphy family saga is about Kyle.
Marissa Collins runs her own matchmaking service and she runs into single eligible bachelors all the time, she's always in the market but has her eyes on one certain man.
Kyle Murphy is a hockey superstar and single.
After he's learned who her mother is and that above all else she is taking care of all her needs he gives her a choice that will alleviate her problems and help out his new problem at the same time.
Hot steamy sex and ver
Lindsay
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Just ok. There were actually 2 romances in this book. Unfortunately, I was much more interested in the secondary one between Stacey and Isaac than I was in the primary one between Kyle and Marissa. Kyle and Marissa's relationship felt superficial. When they did talk about feelings the discussion itself seemed unemotional. It was like they weren't revealing their deep dark selves. In any other book I might have labeled it an unreliable narrator because it seemed like they were lying to each other ...more
Paula Robinson
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this book. You guys really need to check it out.I loved how Kyle and Marissa developed as the story progressed. They were the perfect foil for each, which is quite evident in the final scene of the book. Both are dedicated to family, working hard to achieve success while being somewhat vulnerable. I loved watching how each new discovery about themselves and each other unveiled their true personalities. There were many "aaah" moments for me. It was just what I needed after ...more
Betty
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Joanne Rock book and I was very pleased. Marissa Collins is a matchmaker. She is on assignment for one of her clients and she meets Kyle Murphy a pro hockey player. The sparks fly from the first look. There are difficulties that each of them have to work out and of course, there are supporting characters with issues as well. The sexual tension keep the book moving at a good clip and the reader anxious for more. All in all a good read!
Amanda
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book. Loved that Kyle is a hockey player (and plays for Philly) - an extra bonus for me. Liked both him and Marissa. There is a secondary story with Stacy (as she is the client which causes Marissa (who is a matchmaker) to meet Kyle). Stacy is very sweet with a soft heart. Glad we don't actually have to meet her controlling dad. Kyle has an adopted brother Axel, who you meet, and who gets his own book. Need to find my copy of it.
Christina
May 31, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked the story, I liked the characters...my only gripe is that their romance is only covered in 3 days! Then they spend a week apart...all in all, this story takes place in less than a month. If they could have had a little more time to truly fall in love with each other, I would have been happy. I also don't think there was a real reason for them not to be together so the "reasons" seem a little forced for me. Otherwise, it's a decent, quick read.
Sheryl C. Nash
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can i say? I'm a SUCKER for romance novels that feature hockey players.. all that alpha yumminess... i LOVE the way they throw their sticks and gloves down and are ready to FIGHT! This was very hot and i can't wait for the next story in this series which i believe will feature Axel; Kyle's foster Russian brother who also happens to be a hockey player!! Oh yeah!!
Natalija
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I closed this book with a smile on my face. Despite the fact that it's a short read, it was well plotted, had a great leading couple & the best secondary romance line I have read in a long time. Brava to Ms. Rock! If you are looking for a great sports romance with goodhearted characters, I highly recommend that you read this book.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5/5; 4stars; B+
Narrator: Madison Vaughn

This was a sweet sports romance that was easy to listen to. The main characters were nice people and, although there was no big drama or mystery, it was nice to see them get their HEA.
Elizabeth Mckernan
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good series
Lara Lacombe
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I enjoyed this one--hockey is my favorite sport, and this was a fun book!
Suze
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, enjoyable read. Liked the characters. Liked the story.
Sassafrass
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
very cute. I enjoyed this immensely. I didn't care for the narrator's interpretation of the male character's voices but thankfully, the story overpowered that annoyance.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Double Overtime
☆°•..  Jillie Anne ..•°☆
really was a fun book. Well written...
Rachael Ruddick
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
Great read about a Hockey player, looking forward to reading about his team mates.
Susan Scheelk
Loved it! Great love story...Kyle and Marissa are a great pair.
Joy Strother
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!I couldn't put it down and I didn't want it to end.I think this is a well written book and it's very sexy.I recommend this book highly.
Suzie
Aug 26, 2012
Sbna
Jul 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Guy Most Likely To...
  • Coming Up For Air
  • Face-Off
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • The Keeper (Men Out of Uniform, #11)
  • Born Ready
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Boys of Summer
  • Choose Me
  • Model Marine
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Time Out
  • A Long, Hard Ride
  • In the Line of Fire (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
USA Today bestselling author Joanne Rock writes romance novels in a variety of sub-genres, from family sagas to sexy contemporaries. A popular workshop speaker, Joanne parlays her experience in the college classroom to substantive seminars that motivate, educate and inspire. Her book Self Promotion: Your Guide to Launching a Book is the culmination of requests for her notes on this topic. She has ...more

Double Overtime (2 books)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)