Start by marking “Onani Master Kurosawa 1” as Want to Read:
Onani Master Kurosawa 1

Onani Master Kurosawa 1

(Onani Master Kurosawa #1)

"Onani" means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught...

This is a story of mistakes, redemption, and the choices made in between. It contains the very worst and best of the human condition.
Paperback
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Onani Master Kurosawa 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Onani Master Kurosawa 1

Start your review of Onani Master Kurosawa 1
Rusty Grey
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the probably the best way I could've ended my 2019 in reading .
Kite
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Onani Master Kurosawa, a manga that seems ridiculous at first but it is more than meets the eye. It is a reading experience that showed me that a rotten person to the core can change and redeem himself.

When you’ve read the synopsis of the manga, it’s so easy to misunderstand its nature at first. The premise is perverted, making it look like a comedic ecchi story, and the narrative is parody-infused. You would have the impression that the main protagonist Kurosawa is inspired by the character of
Jon Ureña
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, manga
This is a review of the first few chapters.

For a protagonist we have a malicious introvert whose main hobbies are reading and sneaking into a mostly deserted girls bathroom to masturbate while imagining that his female classmates, or any female that catches his eye, submits to him. His nihilistic disdain for society reminds me of Hachiman Hikigaya from OreGairu (before he was tamed by the surrounding females), and his pervertedness is similar to that of Tatsuhiro Satou from the fantastic Welcome
Yasiru (reviews will soon be removed and linked to blog)
Truly, this is why I love manga- you can have a series with a title like this, but it can turn out to be something deeply affecting, provided you can be persuaded to pick it up. There are no haughty airs or pretensions, but also no limits in the sense of subject matter or having to pander to secure a particular audience. Together these factors constitute a healthy background for any genre of literature.

The story concerns alienation, but it's far twisted from The Catcher in the Rye (go ahead,
Ivon
Judulnya menjijikkan. Tapi beberapa cerita terbaik dalam manga jepang tersembunyi dalam judul yang luar biasa aneh.

((review selanjutnya tidak terlalu nyaman dibaca. silahkan buka kalau tidak keberatan dengan sisi gelap manusia dalam sudut pandangku.))

(view spoiler)
Elena Seymour
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, as for me "Kurosawa" has quite a similar plot to "Aku no hana", where the boy, having read too much Baudelaire, went and stole all his classmates' underwear. I despised "Aku no hana", I dropped it violently in the middle and I still use it as an example of terror and insanity in manga. But to this I gave four stars, though? Am I getting old?

Probably no. It's just that "Kurosawa", drawn in shaky pencil, wins you immediately with its sincerity and touching nature. Children here don't bother
Kamuii
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Beautiful series and one of my all time favourites in manga. Such a shame that most people won't even bother to read this or look down on it because it's a "silly Japanese comic" when they don't realize that manga can be deep and thought provoking and bittersweet such as this one was. The perfect blend of absurdity and humor and yet it's a ruse used to lure the reader into the true tale which is a coming of age story of changing oneself for the better and healthier or succumbing to ones inner ...more
Lottie Eve
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yeah, I am reading this manga! I don't care what the title or synopsis says, I'm intrigued by the story.

Although, I do wish that I will be able to stop enduring Kurosawa's sexual fantasies O_o
George Filippakis
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the moment one finds out that Onanie (or onani) translates to masturbation, it is expected that this manga is yet another silly ecchi addition to the high-school genre. That is not the case. Instead we have a manga that, like its protagonist, takes itself very seriously.

Specifically, our protagonist, Kakeru Kurosawa, takes two things seriously: His teenage angst and his everyday, ritualistic masturbation session. That doesn't sound very serious, I know, but please bear with me. His
Rahul Holani
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is something very original, weird and at the same time funny. Real life thoughts blended with story .
Giarrettiera
lol what am I reading
Relax, you're doing fine
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 00_complete
The simple story about the school life but amazing to read till the end.
nao adacнι
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
NOT what you think it is
one of my favorite manga
Hafsa Errabboun
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Onani Master Kurosawa is basically a story about redemption, I enjoyed it so much.
Crisanto J. Jorda
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
On tone alone, it's incredibly difficult describing this piece.

On the surface, Onani Master is the vignette of a teenage schoolboy with a serious masturbation problem who eventually grows up. In actuality, OMK is a surprisingly heartwarming coming-of-age story about young teenagers figuring out who they really are amidst the halls of a chaotic adolescence and learning to open up to the world outside of their own comfort zones.

Yes, there's no way around its troubling establishing themes: Onani
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

After watching one of Dodger's manga videos, though I don't remember which, she highly recommended Onani Master Kurosawa and I decided the subject matter was strange enough I'd give it a chance.

I'm not sure I should've now, maybe it gets better but ultimately this wasn't for me.

In case you didn't read the synopsis onani means masturbation, so yes this is called Masturbation Master.

So basically
Despair Speaking
Lara
Apr 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-read
I dont know why but this is so awkward and painful to read. Everything is so contradictory. The guy was all so mysterious and pervert and I dont know. Am I supposed to sort of adore him a little bit for his heroic act to get revenge in his perverted way for the bullied girl?

I just found it too awkward to read.

NOTE:

Seems like I judge the book too early. A friend just told that that I should continue on with the series as it will got better. Ok friend, I will follow your advise.
Kaisa
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Haha! This is the very first time I've ever read a story that turns masturbation into a method for vigilante vengeance. It's both disturbing and hilarious at the same time.
I have no idea how this story will progress, which is why I have to keep reading. I keep hearing people say "it's not at all what it seems! It's one of the best mangas I've ever read!"
So obviously, I'm curious.
Also, I had no idea that the word for masturbation in japanese is the same as in swedish. That's so weird!
Andrew Silalahi
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
First few chapters gave impression that this is just a stupid series that was intended for comedy.
However, it actually has a deep storyline, and really good ending ( Though it feels kinda sad ).
Absolute incredible.
J Macias
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this story! Although it may seem like a story about a crazed loner that gets off in the girl's bathroom, OMK really has a great story to tell with interesting characters I never knew I wanted to read about.
Gillian Daniels
If after you read the summary and I tell you this is a moving story of redemption and growing up, I understood why you wouldn't believe me. It begins silly and dark and progresses through real pathos and, um, teenage hormones.
Mayank Agarwal
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Disturbing/Disgusting in the beginning, curiosity kept me going.At the end atonement made improved the situation.
Whats good is the taboo fetish (masturbation) and the way its handled.The art is good and does reminds one of Death Note
Annabelle
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-2014
Well was certainly ah interesting, i like how its not just about masturbation.
Mafalda
Dank
Siegfried
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Excelent. Full review at https://patternrecognitions.blogspot....
Aileen
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.70
Carl
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
en fortælling om de indre dæmoner man bare har når man gerne vil onanere på pigernes toilet
Adam
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starts off as an audacious dark comedy but becomes a truly poignant and mature coming (no pun intended) of age story by the end. An absolute joy to read.

• Oyasumi Punpun
  • Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
  • Berserk, Vol. 1
  • ReLIFE 1
  • Aku No Hana
  • Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol 1 (Otakoi: Otaku Can't Fall in Love?!)
  • The Gods Lie
  • PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 01 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • A Girl by the Sea, Vol 1
  • Food Wars!, Vol. 1
  • Liar Game, Volume 1 (Liar Game, #1)
  • The Breaker Volume 1
  • Tomie
  • Angel Densetsu, Volume #1
  • Onani Master Kurosawa: After the Juvenile
  • ハートの隠れ家 3 [Heart no Kakurega 3]
  • Slam Dunk, Vol. 2 (Slam Dunk, #2)

Onani Master Kurosawa (4 books)
  • Onani Master Kurosawa 2