Start by marking “The Locked Heart (The Aerie Doms #1)” as Want to Read:
The Locked Heart (The Aerie Doms #1)

The Locked Heart (The Aerie Doms #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  137 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Darby just wants a drink when the airline cancels her flight, but she gets more: she gets noticed by Damien, a handsome man who wants to spend the night with her. Darby loves being dominated, so she travels to The Aerie, the private BDSM sex club Damien frequents, to see if she really is a submissive. At The Aerie, Damien's normal detachment fails him with Darby. He's obse ...more
ebook
Published December 15th 2011 by Harmony Road Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Locked Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Locked Heart

Ni_kii
Diana
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Nice blend of the BDSM club scene and HEA romance. I liked the heroine's waking up to her repressed sexuality and taking some bold steps to explore. Too many of the current crop of books in this genre revolve around a woman kidnapped and forced to acknowledge her taste for the kink.

The text is edited and clean. (Isn't it a shame we have to mention that?) Review copy provided by the publisher.
Tbird London
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2004
I was recently introduced to this author and wanted to see how her approach to a BDSM story was. I am happy to say I was not disappointed. She writes a story with detailed elements of BDSM, along with an education of the rules and expectations for the Dom’s and Subs, while giving us an interesting story with characters that are so developed you feel as if they have become your friends.
Darby and Damien meet during a delay in flights. He is a successful business man and Darby was drawn to him but
Lily
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"The Locked Heart: A BDSM Romance" by Christina Thacher is an erotic romance story and let me tell you that I really enjoyed reading this book. Just in a few hours I read the entire book...I couldn't put it down and I was disappointed when it ended.

I recommend this book (even if you're not into BDSM, you'll like it...).
Sally
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although not based in anything that resembles reality, this book is a good blend of BDSM and romance. A little more character development would have been nice, but for a quick Erotic read this is one of the best books I've read in the genre in quite awhile. I look forward to more books in this series and from this writer!
Lucy Lit
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great BDSM read about a female who discovers the joys of submission at the hands of an aloof detached dom. I liked how she followed her heart and did not give up on forcing him to acknowledge that he was worthy of her love.
Julz
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
fantastic quick read great storyline
Moira
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Liked it, not much more to say, it didn't blow me away.
Sassy
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 STARS..... Great quick read that I enjoyed.

Would have liked to see the love scenes fleshed out a bit more, though.
Prismseven
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-reads
Loved it! Can't wait to finish the series!
Kathy
Sep 17, 2012
Mandi
Nov 16, 2016
Arwen
rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2014
Catherine
Jan 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • His Submissive
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3)
  • Caught
  • Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)
  • Her Secret Dom
  • Valentine Submission (Valentine Submission, #1)
  • On Your Knees (Cress Brothers, #1)
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Subtext: A Modern Day Tale of Female Submission
  • Emma's Education (Viper's Dungeon, #1)
  • Iron Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #1)
  • Rising, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #2)
  • Unwrapped
  • Control
  • Power Play (Pleasure Playground #2)
  • The Pet Shop (The Pet Shop, #1 - 3)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns, #2)
I'm an urban professional writing about urban professionals having kinky sex. I write under the pseudonym Christina Thacher because of my day job as a bankruptcy lawyer: my boss is always teasing me about reading "smut," so I'd go through hell if my work colleagues discovered I actually write BDSM erotica!

My novellas The Locked Heart, The Frozen Heart, and The Secret Heart form an erotic romance s
More about Christina Thacher...

The Aerie Doms (4 books)
  • The Frozen Heart (The Aerie Doms, #2)
  • The Secret Heart (The Aerie Doms, #3)
  • Roman and Juliet (The Aerie Doms #4)

“Darby, you flew 2,000 miles to be disciplined by a notoriously heartless Dominant. One might question your sanity but never your courage,” he laughed.” 1 likes