Start by marking “Suicide Squad, Volume 1: Kicked in the Teeth” as Want to Read:
Suicide Squad, Volume 1: Kicked in the Teeth

Suicide Squad, Volume 1: Kicked in the Teeth

(Suicide Squad (2011) #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  8,011 Ratings  ·  711 Reviews
As a part of the acclaimed DC Comics—The New 52 event of September 2011, writer and co-creator of the CW show Supernatural Adam Glass rolls out an all-new team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous–they're sheer suicide!

The story begins with the Suicide Squad defeated, imprisoned and being interrogated about their newest
Published July 10th 2012 by Warner Brothers Entertainment Company

To ask other readers questions about Suicide Squad, Volume 1, please sign up.
Jake Lots of libraries carry it, that is where I read the series and many others :). Many libraries even have digital resources if you don't want a…moreLots of libraries carry it, that is where I read the series and many others :). Many libraries even have digital resources if you don't want a physical one. (less)

Jayson
(B+) 77% | Good
Notes: Bloodstained and brassy, it’s repetitive: like plot-themed levels of a side-scrolling beat-'em-up. Junk food for the soul.
Anne
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I want at least one of three things in a comic book.

1. I like to care about the character or characters. Or possibly just care about what's going to happen to them.

I couldn't have cared less about what happened to these guys.
Butbutbut...what about Harley? Everyone loves Harley Quinn!
Yeah. No.

description

I guess it was supposed to tug at my heartstrings when Deadshot was with the little girl, and I'll admit my Inner Mom went awww for a few seconds.
Then I rolled my eyes and punched her in the face.
The kid t
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
|3.8 stars|

I’ve been meaning to read this one for a while and since Harley Quinn is one of my favorites from DC and the movie is coming out soon, why not.

The premise is interesting enough and the characters, while not all of them, catch the eye tremendously. The plot is pretty simple and it doesn’t have many twists, despise the end. Which wasn’t really shocking.

description

I think it’s safe to say that the star of these 7 issues is Harley Quinn and I loved revisiting her and the way she behaves and kicks as
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I put myself on the ol’ wait list for this about eleven thousand years ago and my turn finally came around. Now I sorta wish it hadn’t (*sad face*). To anyone who is seeing this due to the new site features that show you strangers rather than your friends, allow me to give you a teensie bit of backstory regarding me: While I’ve read a handful of “pitcherbooks” I am most definitely not anyone who claims to know anything about the world
Jeff
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comix
Kicked in the Teeth! Yeah, that’s pretty much how I felt after reading this.

Take a group of incarcerated villains, turn them into a black ops team and send them out to do the dirty jobs. As a fail-safe, implant each with a nano bomb to keep them in line. As a basic premise, it sounds interesting. The execution, however, leaves much to be desired.

You start with an assortment of villains ranging from assassin-softie(?) Deadshot, Harley Quinn (yay!), a big shark-man and some other guys I don’t rem
Will M.
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought Suicide Squad would have a better plot than this. It was quite simple and straightforward. No twists here and there, nothing to make you jump up your seat.

The only thing that I liked would be Harley Quinn. Honestly she's one of the main reasons why I read this in the first place. Aside from the fact that the 2016 movie is not that soon approaching. Harley Quinn is one of my favorite villains ever, in the DC universe. She has this crazy but hot chick vibe in her that I really like. I e
MischaS_
EDIT: I completely forgot that I even read this one! Pretty embarrassing if you ask me. So, it was okay again. The plot seems to be a bit repetitive but the ending killed, again!
But since I was not able to remember the plot at all, I will reduce the rating to three stars.

Jasný, že jsem to četla kvůli Harley. Ten konec je bomba!
Bradley
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, you know, I just had to read the comics after loving the movie. Yeah, yeah, I know some people love to hate, but I've got nothing but love for the crazies and the psychos in there. :)

It's all about RELATIONSHIPS. It's a romance, see? Don't let all the action and the exploding nanites and the collateral damage fool you. It's a love story.

Mostly.

Of course, for most of them, it's just a love of staying alive just a little bit longer, but don't let anyone tell you that self-love is less impor
Michael Finocchiaro
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my introduction to most of the characters of the Suicide Squad and the general premise which I read to prepare for the (somewhat disappointing) live-action movie version. In the movie, I felt that the casting of Will Smith as Deadshot was OK but that he hogged too much of the screen and did not allow the read star of the comic, Harley Quinn enough space to demonstrate her humour and insanity. The comic is a fun romp that gives the backstory and a few adventures and kept my attention cov ...more
Trish
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it
So after really liking the movie despite it's weaknesses, I discovered that I especially liked these two:

From there it was only a small step to the comics.

What appealed to me was the whole what-defines-good-guys vs what-makes-a-bad-guy dynamic. Just look at how miserably the good guys treat the Suicide Squad but what the Joker is willing to do for his Harley! Yes, I'm a romantic, deal with it!

Imagine my surprise when reading this first volume then.
Not only is Waller considerably younger, Deads
Liam
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
( 3.7 STARS )

From beginning to end, this was a pretty insane read! The action, the gore, the characters all made this really exciting and entertaining... But I kind of felt like it was missing something.

I loved the members of the squad however I felt as thought I didn't really know any of them?! They all felt distant, even characters, such as Harley, who I already know and love seemed empty. There was very little attempt to make the reader attached to the characters which was a real shame. I gue
Angela
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The last half of this book is way stronger than than the first. And that ending!!!
Sam Quixote
Oct 06, 2012 rated it liked it
“Suicide Squad” is like Marvel’s “Thunderbolts”, a team of baddies who’re put together and sent on dangerous missions. They even share similar plot points such as nanite bombs implanted inside each team member set to detonate unless they do what they’re told. There’s also a Hydra-like organisation included, calling themselves Basilisk, saluting and shouting “Hail Basilisk”, ready to kill themselves at a moment’s notice.

I recognised a couple of squad members, the Joker’s squeeze Harley Quinn (alo
Christopher
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I love Harley, but girl can't carry a team book by herself. Everyone else, especially Waller, can take a bullet.

Team books are difficult. Team books with all bad guys are even worse. You either need to make them fake the buddy-buddy, or go all out. This one mostly treats them as bad guys expect when it matters. That scientist who gets off the helicopter and uses his ipad to not turn off their implants, but extend the times? He'd be dead and that ipad in one of their hands before he knew what ha
Carmen
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Comic Fans
Interesting. I wonder where they are going with this?
Mizuki
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: great, comic
I bought Suicide Squad, vol. 1 when traveling in Taipei, and I totally love it.

The artwork is so damn awesome, the story is fast-paced, finely plotted and entertaining, the main characters are (mostly) charming and they are all vivid characters, the action scenes are brutal. What more can I ask for?

I wish I could read vol. 2 ASAP, what a shame that I didn't buy it along with vol. 1.

PS: I totally want more of Deadshot/Harley Quinn in the next volume! Although Joker/Harley Quinn is hot too! *fangi
Mike
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Man, the first three pages? Awesome - stylish, minimalist, I got the feeling the writer really know how to expect more from his audience.

Then we get (a) super-dumb exposition to introduce everyone and their power set/trademark (like most New52 books seem to be doing - hitting you over the head as if you've never read a superhero book before), (b) obligatory junior-grade fake-out, and (c) edgy first mission that turns out to be just weepy-angsty.

The only character who's not a caricature or stereo
Kelly
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5🌟

It wss good but didn't connect very well. Deadshot is brutal and Harley is sinister but I just felt the stories didn't flow.
Elena
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

Harley Quinn was the best thing about this.
Irmak
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harley Quinn'e hayran bir ben olamam değil mi :')
Muhteşemdi ya!
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)

There is something absurdly appealing about this series to me. I guess it's because it's so crazy and out there. A team of super-villains is selected from the population of Belle Reve, a maximum security prison in the middle of the Louisiana swampland designed to house dangerous meta-human criminals. the only ones selected for the team are the ones who survived vicious torture without breaking. They have nanite bombs implanted that will blow their heads off if they don't come back to the prison
Michelle Morrell
Hmmm. A group of supervillains, forced to work together with the promise of reduced prison sentences for succeeding and death for failing. Lots of strife, backstabbing, mega violence and humor, of course. Those were well done. And I'm always happy for more Harley Quinn. But I think it did her a disservice. She's supposed to be hyper intelligent, not just insane. And she pulls off some incredibly big moves, but it's all glossed over in favor of more "look at this insane T&A!" I think they cou ...more
Teya Agnese
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
(CONTAINS SPOILERS) One word... WOW!
This was action packed from start to finish!

The squad started together, some died, some betrayed others and Harley Quinn attempts to find and take her revenge on the joker, who she assumes is dead.

The best parts about this one comic was that is contained issues #1-7. My favourite issues for me were #6 and #7 (the search for Harley Quinn.)

The ending though, I mean, WOW!!! It just makes you need to read the next comic. The joker creates his own new Harley Qui
Amy (Other Amy)
Hello there, Goodreads! Why yes, I have retreated into comic books and fantasy pretty much entirely! I am fending off what has turned out to be a rather impressive case of the blues (five months and counting) and then I saw the Star Wars movie and it has triggered all my worst nerd obsessions, so I am catching up on superhero movies and fantasy series and generally ignoring all those serious books I normally intersperse in here. I'll get back to the weighty stuff as soon as I can manage it (or f ...more
Angela Blount
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it

With hype already building up around the movie, I thought it was about time I got a feel for the series.

First off, I ADORE the premise. A crack team of super-villains, anti-heroes, and ethically-challenged mutants shaving time off their prison sentences by taking on high risk (and often morally ambiguous) missions? Harley Quinn wielding a sledge hammer along with her signature ‘crazy’? Sign. Me. Up.

We’re thrown into the concept with a good old fashioned torture scene, in which we get to see wha
Sud666
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
All righty then...here we have the Suicide Squad. An ultra-secret black ops unit composed of convicted felons to carry out classified missions for the US Government. Amanda Waller runs this unit, each member of which has a micro-explosive implanted in their heads. Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Diablo, King Shark, Black Spider are just a few of the members.

The first mission they undertake is a retrieval of a baby that is the carrier of an antidote for a nanovirus that has spread through a football stad
Chris
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: dc-comics
Kicked In The Teeth is a solid, yet frustrating start for a New 52 series that's never found its stride. While this volume is a decent read by itself, it's easy to see why so much criticism is levelled at the series as a whole. The idea of a team of villains running covert missions that the heroes can't be seen doing is loaded with potential. Unfortunately, Suicide Squad often suffers from poor characterisation. A fatal flaw when the team is made up of D-list characters, especially for a series ...more
Celise
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was a pretty cool read. I enjoyed most of the issues, though I wasn't really in love with any of them. The Hunt for Harley Quinn Parts 1 and 2 were the highlight for me. That chick is crazy and I love her.

I wish that each issue had the same artists, as I found some of the styles more confusing than others. When reading the first issue it also took me a while to decipher who was talking, as each character had a different variation of red on black or black on red font. There were al
Anna
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-comics
The movie is just around the corner (view spoiler) and I thought I'd sensibly spoil myself at what might happen.

Hmmm... Okay.
____________________

Maybe?

Because based on the movie trailer, I am dang excited about the movie.
Joel (Throne of books)
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was sooo good. I loved seeing the difference between this New 52 relaunch of suicide squad and the movie. I have to say I'm very impressed. #1 reason being because you really get to see how crazy but smart harley quinn is. Vol. 2 here I come!
Suicide Squad ONLINE. (2016). FULL. MOVIE 1 2 Sep 08, 2016 11:14AM
[Goodreads]Suicide Squad (2016) Full Movie Watch Online HD Free 1 1 Sep 08, 2016 11:14AM
[2016-MEGASHARE] watch Suicide Squad Online Full Putlocker 1 1 Sep 01, 2016 12:30PM
She-Geeks: January 2015 Read: Suicide Squad 8 47 Feb 26, 2015 10:25AM
  • Grifter, Vol. 1: Most Wanted
  • Supergirl, Vol. 1: Last Daughter of Krypton
  • Batman: The Dark Knight, Vol. 1: Knight Terrors
  • Teen Titans, Volume 1: It's Our Right to Fight

Suicide Squad (2011) (5 books)
  • Suicide Squad, Volume 2: Basilisk Rising