Start by marking “The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)

The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel

(The Infernal Devices: Manga #1)

Tessa Gray thought her journey to London would be the beginning of a new life, but she never could have envisioned the dark turn that life would take... Abducted upon arrival, Tessa is introduced to London's Downworld, the sordid supernatural underbelly of the city, and informed that her future will be recast to service a man known as "The Magister". Only the intervention ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about The Infernal Devices, please sign up.
Shadowjac It depends on the artist, I've seen manhwa with awful art and I've seen manga with awful art.

Start your review of The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I decided to read the manga of Clockwork Angel, instead of re-reading the novel (mostly for the sake of saving myself a bit of time) before continuing on with the series.
I really enjoyed Clockwork Angel, but I didn't really like it in this format at all. There was so much left out, which is understandable considering the different form. Unfortunately because of this it left me quite confused at times, as well as rather irritated with the characters and the rate at which some things occur was por
description

This is going to be a really short review because I’m not feeling like talking about what happened here.

I could have never guessed I’d rate something by Cassie so low. On top of that it’s TID. Like, my favorite trilogy in the entire world. What a sad Sunday.

description

For someone who loves BW art, I didn’t enjoy the lack of color in this manga.
Now, I’m not that versed in manga, I’m going to be clear here but I just didn’t like it. I felt like it was a parody of Clockwork Angel rather than a based on illust
C.G. Drews
I am a most enthusiastic fan of Cassandra Clare, so yes yes I needed to try the graphic novel editions of The Infernal Devices! I also opened this book and realised several things: (1) I read Clockwork Angel in 2015 and remember nothinggggggg, (2) what was Tessa's power?, (3) I really missed this whole world. except for Will. What if Will went and ate a duck and didn't come back is all I'm saying. He's so very dramatic once you know his secret.

Anyway. Notable moments in this are:
➢ The art was su
Pang
Love, love, love this! xD All TID Fans should NOT miss it! and also anyone who have never read this awesome series. I can tell that the drawing is gorgeous! It might not be the best, but it’s not disappointed me ( at least I’m satisfied how My Will portray here :P )

description

I really want you guys to see the pictures, so I will give you a little some. lol! I try to take the photos from the book with my phone ( those my damn favorite scenes xD ) but it’s not that great. Whatever, lucky me I find some of m
Beth
Will Herondale.

DECEASED, I WILL NEVER NOT LOVE HIM!
One True Love.

P.S - Never Trust a Duck!

PPS - I will never not give something Infernal Device related anything less than 5 stars

Heart eyes thrown everywhere!!

The Infernal Devices (Manga) Reviews:

Clockwork Angel - 5 Stars
Clockwork Prince - 5 Stars
Clockwork Princess - 5 Stars
Ishmeen
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm shipping Jessa. so. damn. hard. Waaaaay more than when I first read the series???!!! Jem Carstairs is literally perfection 😭
Ankita
Oct 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
Updated:24th Nov,2012
Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs
----------------------------------------
description

What more can I ask for!!!!!!
Lia Carstairs
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
  "I’m here on my own account.
I need your help.
There is—There is absolutely no one else that I can ask."

What a coincidence seeing this right after reading a similar scene in TDA.🥺

Ahhhh I loved reading this manga again!😍 To anyone who loved TID, you definitely won’t regret reading the manga version!

Some scenes from the original book were obviously cut but the funny ones I remember were still there.😂 Omg and the expressions on their faces😂🥰.

Tessa's first encounter with
Ela
Dec 22, 2011 marked it as to-read
OOH.

I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!!
♡Jacqueline♡ beautyliterate
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Forgot to update this yesterday!!
Read Day 1 & 2 of RYBSAT
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
AWWW I JUST LOVED DIVING BACK INTO THIS WORLD WITH SOME OF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS <3 ...more
Katie
Anyone who knows me knows that The Infernal Devices is my all time favorite series. I've been wanting to reread the series for months, but I have been busy trying to get through other books, so I have been putting it off. I recently got the graphic novels from the library to try to placate me in the meantime, and so far, I'm happy I did!

I really enjoyed this first installment of the graphic novels. It was cute, and I think the characters were pretty much on point with the novels. It was a quick
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Ah yes, what a delightful trip down memory lane that was!

Of course, the manga's got nothing on the way the book itself made me feel all those years ago (I'm making it sound like it's been decades aha), but it was the perfect companion to rekindle my love for these precious characters. (*fangirl in me squealing MY BABIESSSSS in the distance*)

This actually happens to be my first ever manga and while I can't deny that the monochrome layout put me off a bit at first (especially when they teased
may
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
*** Warning: this review contains scans ***

Truth, I love manga but hate books adaptation into graphic novels. You have the feeling the author is mocking you by creating new extras which are completely useless, except with Clockwork Angel.
The Infernal Devices is a fantasy streampunk series which took place in London. Every of these elements are accurate and fit very well with the manga style. Those who read Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler in english) know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise there's nothi
Cathy  Keaton
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Two of my favorite things together, TID AND manga?! I don't even know what to do with myself.....
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
At the end I was just like: WILL HERONDALEEEEEE.
My poor baby, making everyone believe he's bad :(.

Ahhh, I loved this book so much!
It was like re-reading Clockwork Angel, but different at the same time.
Noha Badawi
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so GOOD.
I was instantly sucked back into the Shadowhunters' world and the Infernal Devices feels hit me so hard again. Loved that. I enjoyed rereading it as graphic novel.
Completely Melanie
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much. I do however prefer the actual novel over the graphic novel. These are great as a refresher before Chains of Gold comes out.
Rache
All the feels.

I would have liked that it was a bit longer; some scenes were cut. Besides that, everything wonderful.
Araseli
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Makes me want to re-read Clockwork Angel all over again. Pretty good adaptation of a novel to a graphic novel. For sure a must read if you like that series. On to the next one. :)
Amber J
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. Unfortunately, there is still always a risk of slight spoilers despite my best efforts. If you feel something in my review is a spoiler please let me know. Thank you.

Loved it. I had read The Infernal Device series in the original novel form and loved it. But to be able to get a visual of everything going on is just great. I wanted to read the manga adaption for a while but I couldn't find the 3rd book so I put it on hold, but ri
Gabby
Sep 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
Oh, my god. They're so hot!!! I didn't think they could make Will or Jem look hotter than Magnus Bane, but they've managed it! *sobs*
Lisa
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, owned
Actual rating: 2.25 stars

description

I loved Clockwork Angel (the novel) and because one of my friends is currently reading it and I had close to no memory of what really happened, I decided to read the manga instead of re-reading the whole book (because honestly, no).

I mean, it did the job. I remeber what happened now but... well.

I'm not really into manga, on top of that: I only had the german edition, and for some reason, Clockwork Angel is really sucky in German. I don't know if I would've enjoyed this
Gerasimos Reads
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reread, own
A beautiful adaptation of the novel that does a good job of adapting the story while also adding something new to it with the gorgeous illustrations.
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
It's been a while since I read the books, but it's always a good idea to revisit the Shadowhunter world (especially Will Herondale and James Carstairs)!

The manga of Clockwork Angel was a quick read and I mostly liked the art a lot. Sometimes it was a bit confusing though, some colored pics here and there would have been great because sometimes everything looked the same.

The story was of course shortened a lot, but all the important revelations and plotlines were included. I liked readin
Lauren
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
*big sigh* Well, that was delicious!

I think having never read the novel has worked well for me here. I notice some GR users are disgruntled by the graphic novel version but since this is my first introduction to the Infernal Devices world, I have to say I bloody loved it!

The illustrations by Hyekyung Baek are absolutely stunning. I can see myself having a few of the them on my wall that's how beautiful they are. Plus, her chibi doodles are adorable!

Clockwork Angel is set in Victorian London wh
Anna
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Clockwork Angel and manga
Found it at my library and decided to skim through it.

Pros:
* Followed the story well.

* The art style is fairly shojo (which I don't personally prefer) but it's well done.

* The characters designs are pretty accurate and rather cute.

* There are a few scenes where the characters went "chibi" or had other humorous expressions famously used in manga. I found it both adorable and funny and it made it feel a little more "authentic" as a manga.

Cons:
* I know Henry was kind of a derpy character in
Justine
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
At first, it really felt like the manga had been made only for those who had read the original work. The first 70 pages were very confusing at times, it made the whole thing almost obnoxious. But once I got around to understand who everyone was and what everyone did, it became more interesting! However, I'm pretty sure there's a lot I'm still unaware of because of how much was cut from the book (which is understandable since the books are massive!).

Will Herondale is as annoying as Clary & Jace i
Mel
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was just too beautiful for words.
Melissa Chung
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this manga. I like that in manga's they show the emotions dramatically. That always cracks me up. Also that they find the funny lines from books if it is based on a book and really bring that to the front.

This manga stuck with the original very well and made me angry in all the same places. Not much else to say about this one. I loved the original and I really liked this one. Can't wait to get Clockwork Prince.
Help me remember a set of books 1 2 Dec 30, 2016 10:48AM
clockwork angel 1 17 Jun 27, 2014 09:59AM
♥Calling All Fang...: Like Manga/Anime? 208 156 Nov 15, 2013 05:54PM
The Infernal Devi...: The Manga 140 591 Jun 04, 2013 09:37PM

• City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #2)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #1)
  • The Mortal Instruments Companion: City of Bones, Shadowhunters, and the Sight: The Unauthorized Guide
  • Witch & Wizard: The Manga, Vol. 2
  • Witch & Wizard: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Daniel X: The Manga, #1)
  • Shadowhunter's Guide: City of Bones
  • Witch & Wizard: The Manga, Vol. 1
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 2 (Daniel X: The Manga, #2)
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 3 (Daniel X: The Manga, #3)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, Vol. 2
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Twilight Saga - Eclipse Songbook: Music from the Motion Picture Score (Easy Piano)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Infernal Devices: Manga (3 books)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #3)