Start by marking “Pinch and Dash Make Soup” as Want to Read:
Pinch and Dash Make Soup

Pinch and Dash Make Soup

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Pinch and Dash are good friends. When Pinch gets hungry, but is too lazy to make something to eat, or to travel all the way down the street to the Chat and Chew, he goes next door to see what Dash has to offer. Dash is a great cook, but he never uses enough pepper or hot sauce in his soup. Pinch decides to take matters into his own hands and spice things up. But will the s ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Charlesbridge

To ask other readers questions about Pinch and Dash Make Soup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinch and Dash Make Soup

Molly Senour
Title: Pinch and Dash Make Soup
Author: Michael J. Daley
Illustrator: Thomas F. Yezerski
Genre: Early Reader
Theme(s): Friendship, Cooking, and Collaboration
Opening line/sentence: “Pinch was Hungry”
Brief Book Summary: Pinch and Dash Make Soup tells the story of two friends who make soup together. Pinch does not have ingredients for soup, so he goes to his friend Dash’s with hot sauce and pepper knowing that Dash will not have these ingredients for his soup. Dash’s soup is not quite what Pinch was l
Dawn
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute book. I am trying to figure out what level of reader it would be best for. I would think the words are too tricky for beginning readers. However, the story is a little too simple for more experienced readers. I would imagine that if you were doings. stone soup unit or project this might be a fun additional read.
Kristen
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Pinch and Dash Make Soup" is a cute picture book about friends who learn to work together to achieve their common goal despite their differences of opinion. This book is well-written and nicely illustrated. It includes a recipe for Pinch and Dash's soup that young readers can make with the help of an adult.

Full disclosure: I received a signed ARC as a first-reads giveaway.
Ann Marie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Early chapter book...first grade into second...Pinch and Dash a good friends and very silly...they each have some items for soup and decide to throw them together...I personally enjoyed the fact that they lived on each end of an attached home...this was never mentioned yet poor Pinch has to walk 'all the way home' each time to grab an additional item...a very sweet read.
Marguarite Markley
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grade 1 up
Pinch is hungry. Dash is cooking. Together they decide to make a soup. But, Pinch wants pepper and hot sauce. Dash doesn't. How will these friends resolve their problem? A cute story that young readers can identify with. It shows cooperation, caring, and compromise.
Marcie
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Marcie by: Deborah Stevenson U of Illinois
Move over Frog and Toad, George and Martha, and all the other great pairs. I must be on a soup kick today because this would be great to use for a reading group followed by a hot cup of spinich and potato soup.
Lindsay Heaton
A good book for early readers just past the stage of Dr. Seuss's beginner books. My boys liked it.
Ilib4kids
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
E DALEY
Brindi Michele
This was fun, and even though the reader figures out what is going on before the characters, this is still a great book for beginning readers.
Ingrid
Pinch and Dash are an odd couple, but good friends. They run into trouble making soup together. I like this early chapter book.
Shelli
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Different take on the classic tale of Stone Soup. Great book for early readers.
Lori
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-chapter
Nicely illustrated. New spin on Stone Soup with a twist at the end.
Jess
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: easy-to-read, z_13
Fine. Didn't draw me in, but I'm good with it this tale of a spat over soup.
katsok
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two friends make soup together.
Nicole L.
  • Penny and Her Doll
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • Squid and Octopus Friends for Always
  • Too Tall Houses
  • My New Friend Is So Fun! (Elephant & Piggie, #21)
  • C. R. Mudgeon
  • Up, Tall, and High!
  • Two for One (Bink & Gollie, #2)
  • A Pig, a Fox, and a Box
  • Fix This Mess!
  • What Can a Crane Pick Up?
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • Soup Day
  • The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever
  • Zelda And Ivy
  • Panda and Polar Bear
  • Marty McGuire Digs Worms!  (Marty McGuire #2)
I have enjoyed a life-long love of science, machines, and science fiction. These passions inform my fiction and non-fiction writing with a unique spirit. I am currently branching out with easy readers, the fulfillment of a long held dream begun with the discovery of the Frog & Toad books. My third passion is energy issues and with the help of my wife, Jessie Haas, we built a solar powered cabi ...more
More about Michael J. Daley...