Start by marking “Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)” as Want to Read:
Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)

Summer Nights

(Fool's Gold #8)

Horse whisperer Shane Stryker is done with passion. This time around, he's determined to meet someone who will be content with the quiet life of a rancher's wife. And the fiery, pint-size redhead who dazzles him at the local bar definitely does not fit the bill.

Small-town librarian Annabelle Weiss has always seen herself as more of a sweetheart than a siren, so she can't u
Mass Market Paperback, 378 pages
Published June 26th 2012 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Summer Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Nights

Bookswithbenefits
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Synopsis: A librarian and a cowboy must learn to trust and love again after divorce. The community of Fool's Gold gives them a hand.

The Good: Mallery, in a recent speech, expressed her favorite thing about romances: the relationships between an ensemble--not a focus on the main couple, but one on the connections that surrounded them: family, community, etcetera. If you are reading for community, this might be the book for you.

Personally, I found myself frustrated, hearing about people I didn’t k
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, steamy
This was a tedious story. Most of that is Shane, but some of it is choices the author made to "further" the story. Annabelle is okay, but I thought I'd like her way more than I did.

This is deep into the series, and the author really relies on the reader having read most of them. Main characters from previous books pop up like popcorn and Mallery pretty much relies on you remembering who they are and what their situation was. It's a little sloppy and I couldn't shake the feeling that the studio a
Dee
I loved it!

I have been reading Susan Mallery books for quite a few years now and this lady knows how to tell a good romance story. I know that I will never be disappointed or regret reading one of her books. I haven’t been following this series I have only read the last few, but I now want to go back and read them all from the start.

Both Shane and Annabelle were divorced and had scars from bad marriages. Shane’s scars were deeper and it took a long time for him to begin to trust Annabelle, but a
willaful
This was an absorbing story but suffered from too many phrase repetitions. I think this series is getting churned out too quickly.

Pretty much every single character from the previous books in the series turned up, all heavily laden with pregnancies and/or babies; at one point the hero even wound up at the hospital for the childbirth of two people he'd never even met. That was supposed to be cute, but was just weird.

And what's with every unmarried person in a romance novel who wants to have a ba
Amanda
This is my second Susan Mallery read, I started with Summer Days which was the first Stryker brother Rafe, and I think I’ve been hooked into the Fool’s Gold world. The town is just so quirky and fun it’s hard not to get sucked in. Shane is returning after spending part of his childhood in Fools Gold, he always had fond memories of the town, its where his love of horses started. Now, he is back and starting his dream, his own ranch and breeding program of thoroughbred race horses. Annabelle is a ...more
Juuli
Amy
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
First, a word about the cover. Absolutely no scenes in this book take place on a beach, certainly not any love scenes. I'm all astonishment that this photo was chosen as the cover, because it reflects nothing about the book other than a couple who falls in love.

Which is a shame, because Summer Nights is a fun, sexy read and perfect for reading at, say, the beach.

The eighth in Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series (I read none of the previous books, and had no trouble understanding this one), Summer
Cami Hensley
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

Those who have followed my blog for a while now know that I am a huge fan of Susan Mallery and her Fool's Gold series. I was extremely fortunate to get another ARC from the series!

First impressions can be detrimental. Annabelle lives up to the librarian name, she is sweet and reserved. Unfortunately, Shane catches his first glimpse of her during the worst possible moment. Annabelle is desperate to find someone to perform a sacred dance on a horse for the
Darkfallen
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually the cowboy type but this book is definitely making me re-think that...

Annabelle is done conforming to what men want her to be. Never again after her failed marriage. So she moves to the small town of Fools Gold to start her life over working as a librarian at the local library. She's not usually what you would consider a wild girl, in fact she might even be considered boring by most people, but that's not the impression Shane gets when he sees her dancing on a bar. After Shane's
Diane
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shane and Annabelle were cute sweet and a match. Both had been married and hurt in the past by their exes. Shane had a tough time moving on and trusting but he comes through in the end. I needed a straight forward no third party testing the relationship book and got it. I know you'll say the memory of a doing him wrong ex was the third party but I mean there wasnt another girl there dating him or trying to come between them etc...they met got to know each other and were drawn to each other....th ...more
Fanny
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it

Noches De Verano es el octavo libro de la saga Fools Gold y tiene como protagonistas a Annabelle y Shane, personajes que conocemos brevemente en el libro anterior.
Es curioso lo que me sucede a veces, en algunas ocasiones espero con ansias leer una historia y cuando la termino resulta que fue una decepcion o no fue todo lo que yo esperaba, en cambio, otras veces empiezo una lectura mas por aburrimiento que por ganas y resulta ser un libro que sobresale, esta ultima situacion fue la que me paso co
Kathi
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german-books
Und ein weiteres Fool's Gold Buch ist zu Ende gegangen. Stille Küsse sind tief von Susan Mallery ist der achte Teil der Reihe. Hier geht es um die Bibliothekarin Annabelle, welche Reitstunden bei Shane Stryker nimmt um Geld für ihr Büchermobil zu sammeln. Shane findet Annabelle, wegen der Anziehungskraft, welche sie auf ihn hat, gefährlich. Um gemeinsame Ziele zu verfolgen müssen sie sich jedoch zusammenschließen und miteinander arbeiten. Was bei der hohen Anziehungskraft nicht so einfach ist.

Di
Monique Pearson
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yay for librarians! Nothing better than a sec redheaded librarian and a sexy, smart cowboy. The fact the liked her mind as much as her body and looks thrilled me. The man was stubborn but I've been in her shoes fighting someone's assumptions because of a wicked ex. It's a hard battle worth fighting. This story was awesome. Can't wait to see what happens with Charlie!
LibraryDanielle
May 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
what's with this bullshit about only being able to be happy if you have babies. ugh.
Jessica
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You really can't go wrong with a Susan Mallery summer story.
Connie N.
4/6 - 4/11/18 - 4 stars - I'm not as huge a fan as I was the first time around. Somehow the idiosyncrasies of Fool's Gold bother me more now. The closeness of the townspeople is called support when in reality it's a large percentage of nosiness. And it bothers me that May takes such advantage of Shane. She goes ahead and buys whatever crazy animals she chooses, then she expects Shane to take over the care of them, leaving on vacation whenever she wants, and generally complaining if he doesn't ca ...more
Kimberly
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

Being back in Fool’s Gold is like coming home... Home to a city you wish really existed. This is the eighth in the Fool’s Gold series and the second regarding a Stryker Brothers.

Annabelle is a librarian who we met a few books ago. She decides to raise money for a bookmobile and will be a part of a parade and do a dance on horseback. However she has no idea how to ride a horse. That is where Shane comes in. Shane has been hurt before and after seeing Annab
Heather
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I was sold at the word “librarian,” being a librarian myself. From the bar-dance to the festival, we get to see that Annabelle is willing to put herself out there for what she is passionate about (in this case, her community). She appeals to Shane to help her see through the horse dance for the festival, which will raise money for a much needed library vehicle to bring materials and computers to those farther out.

Shane sees an attractive woman; one with happily-ever-after and wild-sex-fiend spe
Cyndy Aleo
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley, romance
Horse breeder Shane Stryker's first impression of librarian Annabelle Weiss is that she's an attention-seeker: just like his ex-wife. But when she shows up at his temporary ranch for riding lessons, he finds himself drawn to her. Annabelle is likewise attracted, but after the disaster of her first marriage, she's not willing to take a chance to someone who isn't willing to go for it all when it comes to relationships. Their relationship takes off in fits and starts, but the true test will be whe ...more
Dixie-Lee Campbell
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
READ THIS BOOK ... IT IS A MUST ... YOU W I L L ENJOY IT !!!!

I enjoyed reading this book ... gave it 5 stars.... I think Annabelle Weisse was the female "horse whisper" of the Arabian horse Khatar in this romance . Loved it.!!! She had the power. Shane was the slow to heal and slow to learn what was great & just right in front of him. I really enjoyed the Stryker family. Grandpa Glen was Perrrrfect too. Glad there was May too.

Once I started reading this book.... Could Not Put It Down !!! Lov
Carlyn
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is my first read of the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery and I really enjoyed it! The story centers on Annabelle and Shane. She is the local librarian and is trying to raise money for a bookmobile by doing a show in the local parade, which she needs to ride a horse to do. Shane breeds horses and Annabelle goes to him to learn how to ride and this is where the fun begins.
I really like the characters in this book, not just the main characters, as the town of Fool's Gold is full of great ch
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Sweet, funny and wildly adorable.

We met Shane in the last book, and as the series grows I have a feeling we are going to meet the rest of Rafe's siblings.

We have also had the pleasure of hanging out with Annabelle in many books in this series and this lovely librarian deserves her HEA.

As we touch base and prepare for Heidi & Rafe's wedding we get to fall for this couple that each have ex's and baggage. We also get to delve into Charlie's baggage and boy does she have some.

Looking forward
Bella Carstairs
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Nada, que me ha dado fuerte con esta autora este mes.
Ha sido enganchar un libro con otro y no parar...y aún sigo leyendo libros suyos de la saga Fool's Gold.
Son tan fáciles de leer, tan romanticones y tan bonitos, que es un gustazo y es lo que me pide el cuerpo últimamente.
Noches de verano es un libro precioso, sobre segundas oportunidades y encontrar al amor de tu vida cuando menos te lo esperas.
Fabuloso.

Reseña completa en mi blog: http://ifantasiasyrelatos.blogspot.co...
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
De momento Anabelle es uno de mis personajes favoritos de la saga, aunque a Shane le hubiera matado más de una vez y mas de dos.
Mary McFarlane
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book has me laughing more then anything. I did also like that we got more details about Charlie's past and will get to see how that plays out in the next book
Dee
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Two-haiku review:

She's librarian
Takes riding lessons from him
Falls for horse--and him

Nicely done romance
Both had failed relationships
Making them gun shy
Luvmyfamily
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was better than the last. I liked the love story in it and I liked the hero and heroine. I loved that there was no crazy stupid drama. Just a good sweet love story.
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Jul 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
I didn't enjoy this at all, I thought it was as dull as dishwater with very little going on in the plot department.
Mandi Kaye Ottaway
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
While I still love the town and all of the characters, these books are starting to have less conflict in them. Resolving conflict is part of what makes romance so appealing!
Hayley
"She wanted more than conditional love. She wanted it all—or nothing. Messy, inconvenient love, where both parties gave with their whole hearts."

I've said it thousands of times but I love Fool's Gold and want to live there lol. This book was wonderful and I really enjoyed Annabelle's story. Annabelle has been featured in a few books now and we had found out more about her in the last book because Heidi is one of her best friends. In this book, of course, we really find out more.

In this book Ann
  • Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #17)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • Big Sky Mountain (Parable, Montana, #2)
  • Karma (Serendipity, #3)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • That Thing Called Love (Razor Bay, #1)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • Against the Sun (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #6)
  • Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Betrayal (Scarlet Deception #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
“I'm a librarian in town,' she began.
'You sure about that?'
The words popped out before he could stop them.
Annabelle raised her eyebrows. 'Fairly. It's my job and so far no one has told me to go away when I show up for work.'
smooth, Stryker, he thought, very smooth.
'I was expecting someone wearing glasses. You know. Because librarians read a lot.'
The raised eyebrows turned into a frown. 'You need to get out of the barn more.”
14 likes
“you're Shane, right?'
He inched away from her and managed a quick nod as he twisted the rag he held in his fingers.
'Heidi sad you were willing to teach me how to ride.' Her expression shifted from entertained to confused, as if she was wondering why no one had mentioned he was a can or two shy of a six-pack.
'A horse,' he clarified, then wanted to kick himself. What else but a horse? Did he think she was here to learn to ride his mother's elephant?
One corner of Annabelle's perfect, full mouth twitched. 'A horse would be good. You seem to have several.'
He wanted to remind himself that he was usually fine around women. Smooth even. He was intelligent, funny and could, on occasion, be charming. Just not now, with his blood pumping and his brain doing nothing more than shouting "it's her, it's her" over and over again.
Chemistry, he thought grimly. It could turn the smartest man into a drooling idiot. Here he was, proving the theory true.”
9 likes