Start by marking “Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World” as Want to Read:
Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World

Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World

“This is a fabulous book! A must read for every daughter’s mother.”
—BETH MOORE

If you are the mother of a daughter eighteen years old or younger, especially one in the tween or teen years, you know that you are in a war for her mind, body, and soul. Best-selling author Vicki Courtney’s Your Girl addresses the times in which our daughters live, the high calling of
Published July 1st 2012 by B Books (first published April 15th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Your Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Girl

Start your review of Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World
Kayla
Mar 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok. Full disclosure: I didn't finish this book. In all likelihood, I'm not going to. But before anyone gets all bent out of shape, claiming I can't give a fair assessment after reading two chapters or assuming I'm just not the right target audience for this piece of work, let me assure you you're wrong on both accounts. Two chapters is plenty of time to gauge the author's haughty self-righteous attitude. Her sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness is probably supposed to come off as humorous, but ...more
Terri
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fabulous book for Christian moms!!!
Vanya D.
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian girls, boys, parents and anyone who thinks they're worth something
NOTE: I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

I must say that I found this book very helpful. It was full of God guided advice, Scripture verses and enlightening conclusions. I expected an instruction book, but found something much more valuable. It was not only a guide to mothers, it could very well serve as a guide to their daughters.

I think that in the times we live, we need to open our eyes and actually look around to see how much the world affects us as people.
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to start by saying this book is meant for Christian mothers who have a daughter. I have read other reviews of this book and was a little worried that I would not like it. Some of the style of writing from the author does come across as condescending. I do not think the author meant for it too but the book does get a little preachy at times. If you are not a Christian I do not think her advice will be something you will want to hear, hence the other bad reviews!

I gave this book 4/5 stars.
Lenore Webb
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Vicki Courtney has two books out, Your Girl and Your Boy. They are guides in how we can raise our children in Godly ways in an un-Godly world. It is hard to fight the constant competition of the media, friends, family and even those horrid advertisements that bombard our homes. Do this, want that, follow us. I love that the viewpoints in each book is geared toward mothers and the real focus for each sex of child you have. Raising girls and boys is not the same. There are different battles they ...more
Annette
Mar 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book about a year and half ago. I picked up again last week to finish it. Why I stopped reading it to begin with I dont know. The end of the book has been the best. We need to take this serious on how to raise our Godly daughters in this ungodly world. Our country is in a downward spin on morals and values. This book lets you know it is up to us MOMS to take a stand for our Heavenly Father. The chapter 11 was my favorite - A heritage of prayer.
Shelley
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good for mothers with daughters. It gives practical advice on raising godly daughters in our culture and society that disregards godly character. It gives the how and why. I will reread this book when my daughter gets older. A good reference book. There were a few times I felt it was a bit repetitive and I've heard the author speak before so the some of the stories I had heard. Other than that, I don't have anything negative to say.
Laurie
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christian author illustrates what an impact mothers have on their daughters. She gives concrete strategies to foster raising a Godly daughter. The last chapter on prayer was my favorite, though. She provides a "program of praise" which offers a different adoration for each day of the month with scripture to go with it. Also, she offers a list of character attributes to be developed in our daughters and scripture to go with them, too.
Maria Connor
Jan 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another "must-read" (in my opinion) if you have a daughter. The author gives very practical tools for helping your daughter navigate in our ungodly culture. I am learning a lot! While I am a couple of years away from using most of this material, I would recommend this book to anyone who has a daughter ages 8+.
Pia
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish more parents with daughters would read this book, even if you are not a Christian. I may be a bit naive but some of the stuff that she writes about that girls face on a daily basis really opened my eyes. The author does use biblical scripture to make her points but she also uses plain, common sense as well.
Julie
Jan 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It basically gives you ideas on how to deal with your daughter in a word that is so ungodly. I felt like I learned so much for raising my girls, and even for myself. There is so much out there that can influence them, and I want to be able to guide them through life with Christ in the center. Awesome book!
Stephanie
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it did take me a while to finish this book. but was truely worth the effort i put into it. i recommend it to all my friends & wish i had the money to buy it for them. i am currently reading Your Boy & am getting a lot out of it for myself & my son.
Sherry
May 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Will read again in a couple of years.
Stacy Hower
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will keep this around for practical advice as we progress through the stages. The advice is biblically sound and easy to put into practice. Thank you Vicki Courtney!!
Maria
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Important Read for anyone whose a daughter.
Denise
Jan 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading a chapter of this each night. The information is so crucial!
Luann Kern
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was excellent advice for raising children of any gender in today's world. Wish I had read it sooner. Got some great ideas and will definitely be referring to it over and over again.
Lara Rezapour
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While I agree with the overall message of this book, the delivery was terrible. I found myself wincing on every. single. page. The author is out of touch with reality, uses the most extreme examples she can think of, and is haughty and pious. What I read-- the world is terrible, beyond terrible, terrible terrible. And my opinion of the book is the same. Additionally, as a Christian mother-- there is nothing wrong with being a feminist and working outside of the home. The end.
Jodi

• Love Your Life, Not Theirs: 7 Money Habits for Living the Life You Want
  • The Absorbent Mind
  • Beautiful Girlhood
  • The Space Between Words
Vicki Courtney is a speaker and the author of numerous books and Bible studies. For more information, check out her author page at www.VickiCourtney.com.