Start by marking “Shifters” as Want to Read:
Shifters

Shifters

The school was meant to advance kids towards their careers faster, but secretly the motivation is to weed out people with "corrupt" DNA. A group of friends finds out about the conspiracy and use reality shifting to their advantage as they fight for human justice.
Kindle Edition
Published 2012 by imajin

To ask other readers questions about Shifters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifters

Fungi From Yuggoth
Jun 06, 2012 added it
Recommends it for: YA Urban Fantasy, YA SciFi
Shelves: june-2012-reads
I found this YA novel engrossing and immensely invigorating. There’s no wasted wordage, no dropped plot threads, just moment-to-moment excitement and adventure, with the romance, friendship, character integrity, and villainous “overlords” woven in intricately. Just as importantly, the story line is so very plausible: almost any contemporary society today is aware of how close it could come to a fascist “Big Brother” type society, without even realizing until too late.

The characters in this book
Lexie
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
I want to say upfront that I'm making a conscious effort to review this book without remarking on the grammar or spelling. I read an ARC edition (maybe even a galley) and that means granting leniency in terms of such things.

Shifters begins clumsily as Lilburn tries to get across that her characters are special-special kids, in a special elite school with dangerous secrets. No wait, I jumped ahead of myself a bit. The Prologue is our first taste of the book and its a confusing mass of innuendos,
Kimberly Gould
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shifters was a quick read. It is shorter than I'm used to, but that just maintained the fast pace of the story. The beginning threw me off. I had a harder time following the timing and the shifting locations in the first three chapters, when we're in one reality, than the second half, where Lina is hopping all over the place. There were other oddities toward the end that turned me off as well. It wouldn't stop me from recommending this book, but it does keep me from raving about it. I think it i ...more
Judith Graves
In Halli Lilburn's sci-fi adventure, Shifters, a group of elite students traverse a minefield of alternate realities to discover there's one enduring thing worth fighting for - their freedom.
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book! Really fast-paced novel that deals with my favourite subjects... alternate universes, and young people fighting against a large evil conglomeration.
Leigh
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I think it's such a fun story. It's one of those books you can't put down, so it was a quick read for me. Plus, it's exciting and suspenseful all in one!
Leigh
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. So many neat possibilities - it constantly had my mind reeling. Suspenseful as well as intriguing! You'll love it!
Michaela
Jun 04, 2017
Meghan
Feb 08, 2013
Halli Lilburn
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Stacie
Apr 08, 2013
Diana
Apr 13, 2013
Halli was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. She currently resides in Lethbridge, Alberta with her mountain man husband and three genius children. She is an art journal teacher who enjoys painting, singing, sewing and working at the local library.