Start by marking “Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

Winter

(The Lunar Chronicles #4)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  164,512 ratings  ·  22,428 reviews
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't
Hardcover, 1st, 827 pages
Published November 10th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.
Amanda NO! Cinder is Cinderella, Kai is the Cinderella Prince, Cress is Rapunzel, Thorne is Eugene (Tangled) or the prince that saves Rapunzel from the…moreNO! Cinder is Cinderella, Kai is the Cinderella Prince, Cress is Rapunzel, Thorne is Eugene (Tangled) or the prince that saves Rapunzel from the tower, Scarlet is Red Riding Hood, Wolf is the wolf in Red Riding Hood and Iko does not belong to any of these fairy tail but she is... the most cool and beautiful android in New Beijing! The only characters from Snow White are Jacin (Prince Charming), Winter (Snow White)and Levana (The Evil Queen, the fairest of them all)
Oh, and NO!, EVEN IF WINTER IS BASED OFF FROM SNOW WHITE IT DOESNT MEAN THE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE THE 7 DWARFS, DONT YOU DARE DEMEAN AND DEGRADE THEM LIKE THAT! Sorry, I love the Lunar Chronicles and I just want other people to respect them as I do. I am a full time fangirl, if you are one too, you will understand the pain of disrespectfulness to our fandoms. Dont feel offended!(less)
Kameron B. Moore The page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is…moreThe page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is the biggest book out of them all, and she won't reveal how big until closer to the publication date. Also, page number has nothing to do with how slow or fast something is published: it is based on the author and the publisher's release schedule. Hope this helped!(less)

·  164,512 ratings  ·  22,428 reviews

Start your review of Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
Emily May
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
“She was prettier than a bouquet of roses and crazier than a headless chicken. Fitting in was not an option.”

And... I've finished! *sob*

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of Lunar Chronicles. After finally giving in and picking up Scarlet, even though I hated Cinder, I just haven't been able to get enough of this series. And this longass final installment was a heart-pounding, fast-paced finale.

You know, I actually checked and this is the longest YA book I have ever read at over 820 pages, the second
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’m going to miss these little train wrecks.
I’m going to miss the banter between Cinder and Thorne.
I’m going to miss all the relationships & friendships.
I’m going to miss my sassy queen Iko.
I'm going to miss this series so much. AHHH.
THIS IS ALL JUST SO BITTERSWEET. WOW.

UPDATE - Full video review here: https://youtu.be/KIcWKgTN294
Christine Riccio
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHAT A FANTASTIC FINALE!!!!!! I LOVED IT. HERE'S My full review/ discusison booktalk! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaaxw...
Nick
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved every second spent reading this.
Caz (littlebookowl)
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
After finishing the last page, I got a little teary. From finishing not only a fantastic book, but also one of my favourite series. I don't really know what to do now...
Angela
*** MARISSA MEYER IS FINISHED WITH WINTER!! ***

TEASERS (from Marissa Meyer's Twitter):

She screamed like a thousand birds were picking at her flesh.
She screamed like the palace was burning down around her.

“Hold these wires and make sure they don’t touch.”
“What happens if they touch?”
“The ship will probably self-destruct.”

She was going to have to train herself not to stare at him quite as often as she was used to. That would be no easy task.

“May I request a new uniform? A towel seems inappropriate for the position.”

She was a danger to his hard-earned neutrality. Thinking about her tended to give***
TEASERS
Katerina
“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time, there was a lonely girl who dreamed too much. Her name was Katerina. She used to gaze at the sky and observe the faint light of the moon. One night, she watched a falling star and made a wish. She wished that she would belong. Escape. Travel. Feel. Little did she know that her heart's desire was about to be granted. For when the star landed on Earth, it took a woman's form. In some stories they call her the fairy god-mother. In th
Miranda Reads
Fantastic end to a great series

This series actually got better with every book.

If you are on the fence after reading Cinder, I urge you to keep going.

Each book follows a different couple but we still have the previous couples running around throughout the story arc.

This time we follow Winter (Snow White) and Jacin (the Huntsman). Despite having no royal blood, Winter is the Lunar Princess.

Like most Lunars, Winter has the gift of manipulation. Unlike most Lunars, she would rather lose her mind than manipulate her citizens.

Winter's stepm
Kayla
Marissa Meyer in Interview: (paraphrased)

"Winter decided not to use her Lunar gift. She experiences bad hallucinations and her mental state is deteriorating."

ME:

description

Winter is going to be such an inter
Zoë
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

A great conclusion for such a wonderful series! A TAD underwhelmed by the ending, but it was action packed and all of my little babies ended up where I wanted them, so I'm happy!
Steph Sinclair
I just love how Snow White will be a person of color. Totally wasn't expecting that. Is it Winter yet?
William
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
AFTER READING
I write this review 3 months after finishing the book to give me the space to think about why I was so disappointed by this book so much. This review is definitely not representative of the majority opinion, and one I never expected to hold before reading this book. Don't get me wrong though. I was SO EXCITED for this book as it was the conclusion to what is a wonderful series. Maybe I was expecting too much, or perhaps I have changed as a person since reading the first three books, but thi
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
RE-READ AUDIO 2017. This narrator nailed it! 💕

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER! I was so happy with the way this book went and the way it ended. Well, one part made me sad. There were parts that I wanted to yell, throw things, hulk smash, off with heads and so forth and so on, but I digress. I don't want to give out any kind of spoilers since so many people are reading this book right now or areclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
I
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I've been a champion of THE LUNAR CHRONICLES for years now. I saw CINDER featured for months and months on Fantastic Fiction (b/c before I started using Goodreads), and I was simultaneously intrigued and horrified by the concept of a sci-fi YA retelling of a fairy tale. Honestly, I don't remember what finally convinced me to pick it up. I was just glad I did.

Now I'm not so sure. The first two books were fantastic, and while I wasn’t quite as fond of the third, it wasn’t awful.

BUT.

After finishing WINTER, I a
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
3.75* if I'm being specific
I really enjoyed this, it was a great action packed conclusion but boy was it long. It kind of felt like the same thing over and over again after a while. Honestly I wish Fairest hadn't happened and this had been split into 2 books instead. The ending was meh but overall this was a very enjoyable series!!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING
emma
Meh.

That’s really all I have to say.

This book is very, very long (it has tissue-paper pages! That’s how you know a YA book is too damn long). It introduces more characters I don’t care about, allowing me to realize that I really only care about Cress and Thorne. It spends a hundred thousand million years wrapping up every loose end, and still the plotline and conclusion manage to feel unsatisfying.

I really don’t have much to say beyond that.

The fact that this book i
Natalie Monroe

"I can't believe this is happening. I can't fight like this, or start a revolution, or be a queen. I can't do anything like this. I'm literally broken."

Iko settled a hand on Cinder's shoulder. "Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable."

Winter isn't perfect. Marissa Meyer has some very big shoes to fill. Expectations are high, fans are passionate... but I do feel she left us with a largely satisfying ending.

I know what a lot of non-readers are wondering: does it drag? Surprisingly, no. At 800+ pages, it starts fast andstars
Darth J

Stars Above
Cinder
Scarlet
Cress

This finale to the Lunar Chronicles finds Cinder on a mission to take her rightful place on the throne of Luna, as she is the lost princess Selene.

Winter faces a major pacing problem. It's over 800 pages and a lot of it is just blah blah. It reminds me of a video game with too many tedious side quests and overlong cutscenes that you can't skip through. While there's plenty of action, the meat to garnish ratio here is not filling. A good 300 pages could have been cut without the audience missing anything important.

Further, I hate to say this but for a story that is so progressive about minorities and women in STEM, some of the characters are just flat. Nearly all of the men are interchangeable and it takes a second to remember them and they are mostly only important in relation to the women they are paired with. I get it if Meyer is trying to make some sort of reverse-Bechdel commentary here, but I doubt these books are supposed to have that kind of depth.

You can tell the technology is advanced because each time someone uses a portscreen, they don't have to let out that sigh of frustration because they have to x out of an ad asking them to download an app when they go to a mobile site. Of course, even with adblocking apps like Crystal, this is too much of a fantasy to even hope for in our modern times.

Even with all of its problems, I have to say that this cover is my favorite of the entire series:

(But the whole apple thing is kinda forced here in how it's implemented, tbh.)
Kai
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Broken isn't the same as unfixable.”

A grand finale!

This had everything I'm looking for in a conclusion of a series. Everyone got a satisfying and even happily ever after. Satisfying is actually the best word to describe this novel. Often the last installment of a good series is a let-down ( End of Days or Clockwork Princess).
But this one had it all: suspense, romance and diversity (even though I really missed glbt-characters).
Great world-building and character-depth. Feminism.
Kimberly
Feb 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
OHMYGREATLUNARFEELINGS.

I just finished Cress ten minutes ago.

During the ten minutes after I had finished Cress:

How I feel when I see the release date for Winter:

HOW SHALL I MAKE IT?

O, Jacin and Winter, I await greedily.

Come to mama

Oh please I'm dying.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

Please give me this book lest I turn into a crazed and handsome half wolf, half lunar rabid warrior. Nothing will stand between me and my Alpha my Scarlet my book. There will be no mercy unless my demangreedily.
Come
jessica
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
never in my life would i have thought that i needed a sci-fi retelling of all the classic fairy tales. and yet here i am, four books and one amazing series later, shocked at how i could have even lasted this long without it.

its quite difficult for me to rate and review this as just one book in a series, because this was honestly one of the best conclusions i have ever read. it was such a wonderful culmination of all the previous books, put into one. it truly felt like a finale, showcasing and c
Danielle (Love at First Page)
That's how you end a series. I am in love!

A star for each one of my ships:
*Scarlet & Wolf, forever my favorites. They, I think, have had the roughest journey of all, but they're love also seems the strongest. They never waver, especially in this book.
*Cress & Thorne, who fully stole my heart in Winter. They are adorable beyond words, and so very, very perfect for each other.
*Winter & Jacin, with their childhood love turned into something far fiercer and truer. They are each other's
Maureen
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS DON'T TOUCH ME RIGHT NOW.
I really really loved this book. The character interactions were ON POINT as always. I love this cast of characters so so much and I care SO MUCH ABOUT THEM.
World building - YAS. I loved reading about Luna and picturing everything, especially the throne room
I can't really totally give it a 5 stars because it just felt so long and like so many things happened at the beginning that there wasn't really a climax - that being s
Dorreh
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
No one touch me, I'm very fragile right now!!!

Oh my Gaaawwwwddddddd

What was that?! What splendid tragically heartbreaking exhilarating heart warming masterpiece of a conclusion was that?

Okay, deeeeeeppp breaths.........

Now to begin my review; first of all 823 pages of a story it was indeed. This was easily two books fit into one. Secondly they all finally got their happily ever afters, so I'm a messy ball of goo right now.

The book started of with a slightly
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Solid 4.5 STARS.

“Do me a favor, Princess.
The next time someone says they're going to kill you,
don't just let them.”

I finished this! Again.
They left me. Again.
It's a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I am completely satisfied with how Meyer decided to tie things up, but then on the other, i wouldn't have minded another book. Things felt a little rushed at times?

The only complaint I have is Thorne and Cress's relationship. It feels wrong? I don't know about you guys but Cress is like a ch
Jessica
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So PERFECT! This will always be one of my favorite series!
Highly recommend if you love fairy tale retellings or sci fi!Full discussion with spoilers will be written tomorrow! Its late!
alyssa
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Buddy Reading the fourth and final book of the Lunar Chronicles with none other than Blue Boo Bear <3

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Dystopian, action, adventure, fairytale-retelling, and romance
Will I recommend this book to others?: YES!
Will I reread this book?: Definitely!
Overall story summed up in one word: Jacin-tastic!

This book was everything I expected it to be! From beginning to end, it was pure perfection! There w/>Will/>/>/>Lead/>Lead/>
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-faves
4.5 stars. Satisfying ending, great series overall. Had fun.
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
4.5 Stars. My heart is happy. This series is precious.

First off, the plot of this book was pretty nuts - packed to the brim with action. Completely wild and stressful. I was in CONSTANT worry about all my little book darlings. Honestly there were very few dull moments.

Is it completely contradictory for me to say this book was light and sweet but also intense and full of feels?

Winter + Jacin
Alright, I’m probably in the minority on this one. I wasn’t as attached to them as I was the other characters. I just couldfeels?
The Universe of M...: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, book 4) 12 40 Aug 22, 2019 03:10PM
Lunar-Along!: Winter 1 4 Aug 02, 2019 04:36AM
Play Book Tag: Winter by Marissa Meyer 3 stars 3 15 Jun 26, 2019 09:29AM
Who is your favorite couple in the book? 50 490 Jun 25, 2019 06:47PM
Play Book Tag: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) – Marissa Meyer - 5 stars 2 14 Jun 24, 2019 01:52PM

• The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
“Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable.” 1020 likes
“Did you see any rice in there? Maybe we could fill Cinder's head with it."

Everyone stared at him.

"You know, to...absorb the moisture, or something. Isn't that a thing?"

"We're not putting rice in my head.”
577 likes