Start by marking “Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  207,716 Ratings  ·  22,109 Reviews
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent h
Published February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Cress, please sign up.
Ruby It comes out in November 2015!
It's going to be a looooooooonnngg and painful wait!
Fairest comes out in January, though! (Jan. 27, 2015)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,778 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,121 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Have you given any thought to your wedding vows?” Kai snorted.
“Delete anything that has to do with love, respect, or joy, and I’ll sign on the dotted line.”

3 1/2 stars. After I finally gave in and read Scarlet recently, people have been urging me to read Cress. I can see why - this book is so so much fun.

Firstly, I have to say that Meyer has really worked on her pacing since the days of Cinder (which I personally found really boring). This book zips along from action scene, to discovery, to
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO THE HYPE FOR ME. OH MY GAHHHHH.
ACTION. ADVENTURE. MADNESS. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY MY NEW SHIP: THORNE AND FREAKING CRESS. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER SO MUCH. AHHHH.

(sorry not sorry for my not so professional review. ALL THE CAPS LOCK. ALL OF IT.)
Anne
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Angela
FAVE.

May or may not be because of Thorne.

(It totally is.)
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
4.5*

Dannnnnnng that ending!!! I totally get why a lot of people say this is their favourite in the series, it's definitely mine!
Katerina
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time, there was an avid reader (let's call her Teri) who lived and breathed words. When she was sad, she bought a book to cheer her up. When she was happy or successful, she bought a book to celebrate. When she was worried, she bought a book to forget her problems. One cold winter's night, she found herself in a magical place known as the Bookstore. A place full of wonders and fairydust, a safe haven from a world so mund
Steph Sinclair
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, damn it!
Recommended to Steph by: Myself. Sometimes I get it right.
This is my 100th book of 2013 and it was magnificent.

photo fireworks_zps17303d64.gif

NEED. WINTER. NOW.

When I first jumped on the Lunar Chronicles bandwagon, I was late to the party. I tend to avoid any novel in the blogosphere that is garnering a ton of hype, due to past experiences where the hype completely killed my enjoyment. However, I dove into Cinder trepidatiously and came out completely in love, mostly thanks to the sweet nostalgia feelings from the cleverly added Sailor Moon references. And if that wasn’t clear bef
Maram
“Her satellite made one full orbit around Planet Earth every sixteen hours. It was a prison that came with an endlessly breathtaking view— vast blue oceans and swirling clouds and sunrises that set half the world on fire.”

What more can I possibly say about this series that I haven’t already mentioned in Scarlet and Cinder?!

- That Marissa Meyer is an auto-buy author?? Check .
- That her writing makes me feel everything?? Check .
- That this world made me somehow enjoy its dystopian nature?? Ch
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Well THAT was fun. Why. Why did I wait so long to read this series??!

Cress. Thorne. Freaking cuteness overload. Yep, I'm going to talk about it because I may or may not have squealed aloud several times while reading this book. They are easily one of my all time favorite ships.

Cress herself is just so stinking cute. She's so not like a typical heroine. She's extremely intelligent but is primarily a daydreamer and tends to be swept up in her imagination. Ahem... that sounds familiar. Anywayyyy I
Angelica
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE ALIVE
Recommended to Angelica by: ME!!!

"When she was jut a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors nor stairs."

BEFORE READING:
Cinder?...and Rapunzel?...in a desert?...in 2014?
Can life get any more depressing?!?!?! It sounds so interesting but also sooooo far away! I just read Scarlet and now I have to wait a whole year!!!!
It's like....

(was that the perfect gif or what?)

Oh and Scarlet and Wolf better be there too or I'll just...I'll just:

h
g
bob

UPDATE!!!!!
The cover for these book
Kat O'Keeffe
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every single book in this series is FANTASTIC! Winter just became my most anticipated book of next year. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes!

Full review to come :)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reread updates:

“The people of Luna don’t need a princess. They need a revolutionary.”
Cinder furrowed her brow. “A revolutionary,” she repeated. She liked that a lot better than
princess.

WELP. I'm sad to say that Cress still drove me mad for the first 75% of this book, but once again, she inexplicably improved in the end. This is one series that benefits greatly from multiple POVs.

Onward and upwards.

THEORIES: (view spoiler)
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them."

Stunning, heartbreaking, thrilling are just a few words to describe Cress. And it's not enough. This was such a good read, I had to put this book down a few times and just breath. Out of fear (oh Marissa Meyer knows how to build up suspense) and relief (well at least she loves her characters enough not to kill them off one after another).
Cinder is brave as ever, Scarlet(well let's no
Fables&Wren
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WrensReads Review:

Anything I say about this book is going to do it an injustice. It was pure, it was good, it was heartbreaking and it was they most enjoyable read I have had in a long time.

So basically what you should do is take everything I say and just times it by a big fat ten.

Holy crap, okay. So the book starts out with a big bang.

The gang (you know, Cinder, Scarlet, Wolf, Thorne and Iko) contacts Cress and realize she is a huge asset to their team because A: She's the one that has been hi
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read on Audio. Still awesome and still loving this narrator.

Beautiful fan art of Thorne and Cress ↓

"Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
"No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder."

**Older Review**

Wow!! I just finished Cress!! These books aways end with me thinking "You Didn't Just Stop There" !!!

I loved meeting the new member of the storyline, Cresent Moon. What a beautiful name! Cress for short. I can't believe she lived on that satellite for so long! The Lunar
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
Bangadybangz
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I'm going to be honest, I was a little bored with this one early on when it was just mostly Cress and Thorne wandering around the desert, but then HOLY CRAP this book got good!
There was so much going on in this and it was so exciting and I just loved the way all the characters' story lines were all tied in with each other, and literally just this story is so gripping. I love it. I love all of the characters. Their each so unique and wonderful and flawed and beautiful and swing all of the
Matthew
Cress is Rapunzel . . . Scarlet is Red Riding Hood . . . Cinder is Cinderella . . . Wolf is the not so Big Bad Wolf . . . Thorne is the charming scoundrel pilot (still picture Han Solo) . . . Iko is the quirky droid

A cross between fairy tales and Star Wars - really, Star Wars fans might hate me for blasphemy, but I really do keep thinking about it!

I like this series - it is very entertaining! I care about the characters and what happens to them. I enjoy the relationships. It might be kinda chees
Dorreh
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Well I probably want to start with the fact that I didn't give this book the 5 full stars I gave the other two books before this one. It's not a matter of liking this book less, because I didn't, I loved it just as much as the other two, only this one had some minor mishap that made it slightly less appealing.

For starters the book had a relatively slower pace than the other two, and when it's a matter of comparison, this point stands out in an authors style of writing. This slow pace in turn le
may ❀
Fricken hell, has anyone been waiting on this (probably not) but if you have I want to apologize for my existence

Now it aint no secret that I’m super-extra-trash-with-trash-on-top for this series, but honestly, these books are SO GOOD. I GENUINELY enjoyed this book more the second time around.

If you’re here for a review, go somewhere else cause this is just going to be a collection of fan art honestly

-the cinder/thorne bromance
- description
(s)
- I sWEAR WE NEED MORE WHOLESOME BROMANCES IN YA
- these two g
Natalie Monroe

"Because if there was one thing Cress knew about heroes, it was that they could not resist a damsel in distress.

And she was nothing if not in distress."

Cress isn't the type of character I usually like. She's naive, obsessed with grand destined love, frets about not having been kissed while possibly dying.

Yet strangely all these things only serve to make her more endearing and charming. In my first read of the Lunar Chronicles, Cress was the book that made me fall head-over-heels in
Kassidy
Eeeeeee my love for this series just increased 10 fold with this book! The audiobook is excellent, I would highly recommend it.
read in other lands by sarah rees brennan read in other lands by sarah rees brennan
buddy reading with my famoose best friend and my sappy lover

i'm convinced cress is an embodiment of all of us on this website sitting at her computer all day long

i don't write reviews anymore soz mate but pls read this series
Darth J
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing, series
After just finding out that "Cress" stands for "Crescent", this is what is running through my head:

Sorry but this book just dragged on and on. I get that the author is trying to pull multiple POVs together now into one story, but it was very stop/start when done in the same scene. I didn't care very much for this entry in the series. I was so bored with this one that I have very little to say about the dry plot.
Sarah (Starry Night Reader)
Last night at around 1:30am, I came upon what I could tell was the beginning of the end of this book. It seemed like a good place to stop for the night, because I was still 150 pages from the end, and didn't want to get caught up in the conclusion of the story only to have to put it down to sleep. 1:30 is already past my bed time anyway! I put the book down, turned out the lights, and lay there thinking about how in the hell the gang was going to pull this epicness off.

And thinking...

And thinki
Beth
Actual Rating 4.5

I really, really enjoyed this book. I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something so special with The Lunar Chronicles series. I love the ability that Marissa Meyer is able to do such a wonderful job in developing characters throughout the series. Cinder was my first read after a bit of a book flump and I thought it was okay, I read Scarlet and fell in love, and now I've read Cress i'm already itching to read Winter.

To begin with I didn't really know what to think ab
Elevetha
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of fairytales retold, reimagined, or twisted on it's side

2014?

description

Are you absolutely sure you don't want to give it to me now??

Like, positive?

Ugh.

Oh, and I had it straight from Marissa herself that, yes, Scarlet and Wolf will be in Cress with POVs!!! (I think the POV is Scarlet's though)

4.5 stars.
Cait • A Page with a View
I haven't written reviews for most of my favorite books because I just can't put into words how much I LOVE THEM. But it's been about a year since I last read this, so I'll just go over the stuff that stuck with me...

I love retellings, but will admit that most of them are pretty weak. I'll still read them and like them all because they're retellings, but there are very few I actually love.

This book just blew past all retellings and most YA fantasy in general. I mean, I was decently into Cinder
Sana
3 1/2 stars.

I have mixed feeling about this Rapunzel retelling.

Towards the beginning I was really enjoying it, but then towards the middle it fell flat and then towards the end it picked back up for me. About 50% of my time on this book was spent whining and complaining about when it's going to get better.

Even though I was bored and trying not to eat my little brother, I actually enjoyed and also found myself liking Thorne better too. In Scarlet I couldn't care if Thorne died, but in this book
Caitlin
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Maybe there isn't such a thing as fate. Maybe it's just the opportunities we're given, and what we do with them. I'm beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don't just happen. We have to make them ourselves."

description

I was beyond excited to pick up this book because I absolutely loved Thorne and I just knew I'd love Cress as well, however, the other characters fell extremely flat for a solid 80% of this book. I grew to really dislike Kai and even Cinder at times. Wolf and Scarlet both became
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)
  • Earth Girl (Earth Girl #1)
  • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

More about Marissa Meyer

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
1628 likes
“He froze, becoming stone still. As the hover climbed the hill to the palace, his shoulders sank, and he returned his gaze to the window. "She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.

Alpha.

Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees, "Like the star?"

"What star?"

She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously now and this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.

But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed, "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged in the blue evening sky. "Exactly like that.”
1002 likes