Start by marking “Dancing Priest” as Want to Read:

Dancing Priest

(Dancing Priest #1)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Michael Kent…
A young man studying to become a priest finds love, and learns that faith can separate.
A university cyclist seeking Olympic gold finds tragedy, death and heroism.
A pastor thousands of miles from home seeks vocation and finds fatherhood.

Sarah Hughes…
A young woman living abroad finds love and loses family.
A university student meets a faith she cannot accept.
An a
Published (first published November 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing Priest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing Priest

Tim Good
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although my progressive faith is dismissed in passing comments, I absolutely loved this book! If you are a sports fan, you must read it. If you are a romantic, you must read it. If you are a pastor, a seeker, a disciple, a doubter... you must read it!
Brian O'Hare
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Dancing Priest by Glynn Young is an excellent example of its genre, Christian Fiction. As a reader mostly of secular literature, I was somewhat wary about approaching this novel. In addition, I have to admit that the excessive focus on the characters and their back stories in the early couple of chapters seemed to be setting the scene for a patchy story. But this was just an early glitch. Once the author has his characters established, the story becomes compelling and absorbing.

Glynn Young
Mark Sutherland
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the story. I loved it because the characters had depth. They became real to me as I read the book. I felt myself connecting and identifying with them. I returned to my old stomping grounds in Scotland and England as I moved through the pages. I came back across The Pond to my adopted home country of America as the characters did. I identified with their struggles and pain. I went with Michael, one of the main characters, into Buckingham Palace. I rode with him in the Olympics. ...more
Neil Hanson
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up because the idea behind it sounded interesting, and I really enjoyed the story. I saw that one reviewer knocked the book for writing style and the double spacing between paragraphs. I suspect the double spacing is a Kindle formatting thing (I read the Kindle version) which was very slightly distracting but not enough to knock the author over - the publisher needs to fix that. The writing style was unique for sure, and I enjoyed it. Sometimes you pick up a book to discover c ...more
Katherine Coble
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Katherine by: The author
The story has interesting components. The characters are well-drawn. I just dont care for the _style_ of writing. I've seen other reviewers laud the style as especially pleasing; I imagine it's a matter of taste. I just found it way too declarative, which resulted in very little atmosphere. This, coupled with the bizarre layout (double-spacing after every paragraph or line of dialogue) made it feel at times as though I were reading the author's story outline from 3x5 cards and that he planned to ...more
Kathy
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: the author is a friend of a friend, and I was fortunate enough to obtain a free copy of the book.

That said, this is a wonderful, rich book. Readrs are taken to numerous parts of the world as they learn about cycling, art, students learning abroad, and especially about. faith. There will be several people who shy away from this story because of the faith factor - that would be their loss.

This is a well-written, insightful book that will be enjoyed by a wide range if people ... ev
Renee Abernathy
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
absolutely lovely

I thought the book started a bit slow. I thought it may be more about sports or such. It was a beautiful love story. It showed the beauty of waiting onGods timing. This is a special story. Probably will check out the sequel and I usually do not like sequel books.
Leah
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I think this is a typical Christian novel. And well written in that respect. I gave it a lower rating because some of the content was a little on edge for me personally, so I don't feel like I can fully recommend it.
Karen Ruth
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down.

How nice to find a faith-based romance without all the smut of typical paperbacks. The scripture and short sermons woven in were just right. To the point, but not overwhelming.
Kathy Lovasik
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderful love story

A real feel good book. The characters were well developed and very easy to relate to. This story combined a love story and love of a sport in a touching way. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good read.
P.J. Easterbrook
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved it!

Couldn't put it down until I finished. It was so fun to see how the story progressed. Lots of tears as well as smiles from me. Can't wait to read the next book!
Pat
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book... Loved the characters...loved the story... There is just so much to it... And you must read the awesome sequel : A Light Shinning.
Darren
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked it, because I like sappy romances. But wow, the hero is a Mary Sue! I think the author was seriously in love with Fr. Mike. And everything came together WAY too conveniently.
Vince Arter, Jr.
Ann
Jan 27, 2013
Andrea Patton
Jan 12, 2018
Glynn is an award winning speechwriter and communications professional. He is a member of the College of Fellows of the Public Relation Relations Society of America and was inducted into the St. Louis Media Hall of Fame in 2009. He received his B.A. in Journalism from Louisiana State University and his Masters in Liberal Arts from Washington University in St. Louis.

He is the author of four novels

Dancing Priest (2 books)
  • A Light Shining (Dancing Priest, #2)