Start by marking “The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)

The Tainted (Isles of Glory #3)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  355 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
As the beautiful illusionist Flame succumbs to the dark spell that taints her soul, the physician Kelwyn Gilfeather discovers that the only way to cure her may be to destroy all magic and change the Isles of Glory forever.
Published June 27th 2006 by Ace (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Tainted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tainted

Maraia
The Tainted was a wonderful conclusion to the Isles of Glory trilogy. Despite being the longest, it was the fastest read for me. Between the build-up to the Change, the introduction of new characters, the ending, and especially some long-awaited FEELS, it's my favorite book of the three.

I love how Larke weaves new characters into each book, and how, often in spite of themselves, they can't help getting involved with Blaze, Gilfeather, etc. The old characters are still there, but the story keeps
Terri
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Chiawen
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
typisch Glenda Larke „Die Inseln des Ruhms -  Die Magierin“ von Glenda Larke ist der letzte Band dieser Fantasy-Trilogie.
Der Dunkelmagier Morthred ist getötet, die Dunstigen sind jetzt Menschen und Flamme trägt immer noch Mortheds Kind im Leib. Flamme ist zwar nicht so bösartig, aber sie versucht ein ganzes Inselreich unter ihre Kontrolle zu bringen um dann die ganzen Inselreiche beherrschen zu können. Ruath, Glut und ihre Freunde versuchen jetzt Flamme zu retten und die Dunkelmagie zu vernichte
Lian Tanner
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Four and a half stars. This is such an excellent trilogy, and it's really nice to have found another fantasy author I love. Larke continues to address interesting questions in this book, particularly the two tiered society that magic creates so easily. Her writing reminds me of Robin Hobb - the character development is superb, the world building excellent, and the series comes to a very satisfying conclusion. More Glenda Larke books, please!
Joni
Nov 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fifantasy, 2009
This last book wraps up some loose ends that the previous book failed to answer, although it does raise some new questions.

In this story we find out what happens to Flame and what happened to the Ghemps, although that question is answered somewhat weakly. I was impressed with how well Larke wrapped this story up although I would love to see another book detailing Anyara's travels.
Christine
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
An excellent ending to an excellent trilogy; looks like I have found a new fantasy author!! My only complaint is the cover designs on the paperback books I read; half-naked women with swords does not portray the characters in any of the books!!
Jo Wake
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, excellent series
LadyMegan
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I want to know what happened to everyone after.
Melanie
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
An interesting story, filled with action, love, sorrow and hope. A beautiful melding of real cultures and peoples that make for a compelling read.
Hayley Forrest
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for these stories.
Lindsay
Jul 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, z2008
Final book in the Isles of Glory trilogy. Brings all the threads together in an enjoyable read.
Iain Kaslar
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glenda-larke
great book from an audience author. will definitely be seeking out more of her work.
Patrick
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed the whole series.
Kari
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tantalizing, thrilling, mysterious and with a proper ending that will leave you satisfied. Can't wait to visit the Isles of Glory again in years to come!
~Anita~
Sep 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A sad and depressing ending
Rikki Boelen
Dec 07, 2014
سحر
Jun 17, 2014
Lisa
Nov 03, 2011
Mia
rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2014
Oct 21, 2016
Ally
May 04, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Palace of Impossible Dreams (Tide Lords, #3)
  • King's Wrath (Valisar, #3)
  • The Firebird's Vengeance (Isavalta, #3)
  • The Alchemist's Key
  • The Red Queen (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)
  • The Starthorn Tree
  • The Sword of Straw (The Sangreal Trilogy, #2)
  • Chocolat, Volume 2
  • Black Jade (Celestial Battle, #3)
  • Cagebird (Warchild #3)
Glenda was born in Western Australia, the daughter of a farmer. She was educated at government state schools and the University of Western Australia, where she obtained a degree in history and a diploma in education. Married to a Malaysian scientist, she has grown-up children, and now lives in Malaysia, where she is actively involved in rainforest conservation.
Author of The Isles of Glory trilogy
More about Glenda Larke...

Isles of Glory (3 books)
  • The Aware (The Isles of Glory, #1)
  • Gilfeather (Isles of Glory, #2)