Start by marking “The Definitive Bob Dylan Songbook” as Want to Read:
The Definitive Bob Dylan Songbook

The Definitive Bob Dylan Songbook

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
(Music Sales America). The complete songbook from the greatest singer/songwriter of all time! Now with every song together in one giant volume, the ultimate Dylan songbook features over 329 tunes including all of his greatest hits as well as his lesser-known work. With melody line, chord symbols and full lyrics. Songs include: Blowin' in the Wind * Forever Young * Just Lik ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Music Sales

To ask other readers questions about The Definitive Bob Dylan Songbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Definitive Bob Dylan Songbook

Alan
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
At U Minn I was entrusted with an "experimental section" of Freshman Comp in '68, and I gave daily writing assignments based on the Beatles and Bob Dylan. Irony, Dramatic Monologs/ Dialogs ("She's leaving Home"), Social critiques like "Nowhere Man," very Dylanesque, which the Beatles wrote after meeting Dylan, as Dylan wrote "Lay, Lady, Lay" (very McCartneylike) after meeting the Beatles.*
"Don't think twice, it's all right," includes the lines "You open your window, and I'll be gone/ You are th
Pete daPixie
If I get to see Jack Frost sometime in the present decade, then I will complete a run of SIX continuous decades of Bobness concerts. The reason I picked this songbook out the library was I spotted some song titles that didn't mean anything to me! There are over 325 in this collection.
To be expected everything is in standard tuning with chord boxes. The range is very extensive with Dylan songs from the very early catalogue with copyright dates in the early sixties right the way through to the lat
Gary
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This songbook has an abundance of songs from the prolific Bob Dylan. But since it came out in 2001 and Bob is still writing (Thank God), it' not "complete".
Yet 325 of Bob's songs is a start.

A website that is superb when it comes to the exact chords that are used on the recordings is at:
This site breaks all the songs down by albums.

If your a beginning guitar player or want to be and a Dylan fan, pick up this book or visit the above mentioned site, but eventually get the b
James Murrell
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a body of work Mr. Bob Dylan has written! I saw Bob Dylan perform 2 weeks ago in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was highly impressed by his performance & his band.
These are some of the greatest songs ever written & the lyrics are some of the the greatest words ever put down by pen.
The book is in a lead-sheet/fake-book format with just melody in notation, lyrics, & chord symbols/guitar chord diagrams. To me, this format is perfect for formulating my own arrangements of Bob Dylan's songs.
Drew
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite ways to spend a free afternoon is flipping through the pages of this songbook with a guitar. Nobody compares to Bob Dylan. But nobody compares to you or me, either. Then again,"ain't no use in talking to me, just the same as talking to you. I'm everybody's brother and son. I ain't different than anyone." Bob Dylan is a master song writer and this book is gold.
David Ward
The Definitive Bob Dylan Songbook by Bob Dylan (Amsco Publications 2001)(782.42) ia huge! It contains close to 400 songs, and it has every Dylan song I've ever heard of. I finally understand the words to "It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding." My rating: 6/10, finished 9/20/12.
Alistair Hunter
Apr 21, 2012
Jonny Pray
Mar 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman) is an American singer-songwriter, author, musician, poet, and, of late, disc jockey who has been a major figure in popular music for five decades. Much of Dylan's most celebrated work dates from the 1960s, when he became an informal chronicler and a reluctant figurehead of American unrest. A number of his songs, such as "Blowin' in the Wind" and "The Times T ...more