Start by marking “Space Walk” as Want to Read:
Space Walk

Space Walk

“I'm your space guide.
Come travel with me!
There are lots of planets
for us to see.”

Blast off into space! Eight planets revolve around our sun, and we're going to visit them, one by one. By lifting the flaps, young children will embark on a cosmic adventure. They'll visit hot, dry Mercury; red, glowing Mars; and storm-ravaged Jupiter, just to name a few. Featuring friendly
Board Book, 12 pages
Published March 6th 2012 by Sterling Children's Books (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Space Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Walk

Start your review of Space Walk
Joan
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this shaped board book, young readers blast off to visit the eight major planets of our solar system. A lift-the-flap planet illustrates each page and lifting it reveals a simple fact [written in rhyme] about the planet. The rhyming text is simple enough for young children to understand and enjoy while the flaps encourage the child to be actively involved with the book.

Recommended.

Jenny
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book was very cute and looks like an appealing introduction to the solar system for budding astronomers (or any curious small child). However, the ending, which stopped at Neptune, broke my heart a bit. (I still love you, Pluto!)
Wendy
Cute little lift the flap book includes simple facts about the planets. But it made me miss Pluto.
Mama Bibliosoph
With simple rhyming text, we visit the eight planets that revolve around our sun, one at a time. Each planet is revealed by opening a large flap, which provides fun interaction (although easy to tear, too). A single line of rhyming text provides an accurate and easy bite of information about what makes each planet unique.

My son Harry picked Space Walk out himself at an American Museum of Natural History gift shop. The bold colors, repeating format, and ordered labeling of the planets drew him
Vickie
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Author takes young children on an imaginary trip through the solar system. This board board is interactive , there are flaps over each planet and 1-2 sentence rhymes for each of the 8 planets that are visited. I loved the little rhymes such as, "Earth is the planet that we call home- where children play and animals roam." - Cute! I like the ending as well. The few books of the author that I have read all have a sense of warmth, caring and community or togetherness. I think young children will ...more
Vivian
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
The concepts are definitely beyond the reach of the intended audience but the lift-the-flap elements can be used for PEEK-A-BOO! followed by name of the planet featured on the page. Colors and shapes can also be named.

You can play "Bend and Stretch" (gently stretch baby's arms up) Reach for the stars (gently stretch baby's arms again) There goes Jupiter, there goes Mars (wave arms or hands).
Darcie Caswell
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
a young astronaut takes the reader on a journey exploring the planets in a lift-the-flap book. Rhyming text makes the descriptions of each planet memorable (“What makes Saturn look so nice? Its many moons and rings of ice.”) and may lead to this book being read again and again.

Ages: up to 5
Trish
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, je
This is a colorful board book about the planets.
PWRL
Jun 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-new
SM
Morgan
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun! Read this one today to kindergartners for outreach and they enjoyed all the flip up pages and the facts about each planet.
E
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-book
Nice and factually and visually accurate, whick haven't seen from all the STEM books for young children. I wish the flaps were a little more sturdy.
Shanshad Whelan
Read this one to my son tonight. He immediately looked up with some consternation and asked "but mommy, where's Pluto?" It's a little tricky to explain to a 3 year old the controversy over Pluto's designation. Several of his popular cartoon shows feature all the planets, including Pluto so the lack of inclusion here was glaring for my son.

Must admit though it's nice to see some of the updated simple space facts.
Amitha
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My toddler, my preschooler, and I all love this book. Fun to re-read, fun to look at, fun to talk about when it's over. Offers easy-to-understand facts and an engaging lift-the-flap format. Wonderful.
Diz
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
This is fun for young children. They really enjoy lifting the flaps of the planets. I got this for my son when he was two years old, and it inspired him to become interested in space. As for the text, there's not much too it.
Knitcookwrite
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun little book that will certainly delight.
Stacy
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-book
Cute lift the flap book for little ones who enjoy hearing and learning about space.
Jessie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
I wish they had actual photos of the planets in board books instead of cartoons. Cute and simple explanations of each planet.
Danni
Aug 21, 2017
Zozo Konkol
Mar 15, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Hedgehugs
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug
  • Good Night, Gorilla
  • The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!
  • They All Saw A Cat
  • Hide!
  • U is for Underwear
  • Be Kind
  • Gossie
  • The Little Duck
  • Busy Builders, Busy Week!
  • Happy
  • Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
  • You're in Good Paws
  • Hattie Peck: The Journey Home
  • Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
  • Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
Salina Yoon is an award-winning author/illustrator of over 150 books for children, including Penguin and Pinecone, Penguin on Vacation, Penguin in Love, Penguin and Pumpkin, Penguin's Big Adventure, Found, and Stormy Night.

Her latest book, Be a Friend, was a Winter 2015-2016 Kids' Indie Next Pick. Among her other awards are a Scholastic Teachers Top 10 Picture Book for Penguin's Big Adventure,