Start by marking “The Last Tragedy” as Want to Read:
The Last Tragedy

The Last Tragedy

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Two of the world's greatest adventurers have disappeared, and it falls to their heirs - Jake Warbler and the half-sprite Noxie - to retrace their steps and understand these dark, mysterious vanishings. The only clues point to history's most famous work of unread literature: the Last Tragedy of Coeldoetta of Jueln. But the Tragedy has eluded all seekers for nearly fifteen h ...more
Published December 4th 2011 (first published December 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Tragedy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Tragedy

Herb Mallette
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I have an obvious bias, but this book still surprises me every time I read it. It starts off as a fun fantasy romp and ends up really saying something, and the characters, both good guys and bad, are all delightfully clever.
Ashley Ferguson
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at The A P Book Club

Since I got this as a free Kindle book, I really wasn't expecting much of anything. Just a mediocre fantasy book that would help me pass the time whenever I didn't have a physical book handy.

I was definitely surprised by how much I enjoyed this novel though. I found myself choosing to read this one over a physical book, which is not something I normally do. The plot was interesting, the villain was absolutely terrifying, and the hero/heroine were very likabl
Megan
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed reading the novel. The story was intricate and interesting, the characters were well-rounded and even complex (heroes and villains). The world building was fascinating. I liked how much action was packed in. I particularly liked the relationship developed between the three travelers, Noxie, Jake and Weston, the three of them interacting and working together were some of my favorite parts of the story.

My one and only complaint would be length, I do feel it could have been edite
J.
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Excellent story, deep characters, imaginative worldbuilding, professional production, and a good, clear writing style make this full-length fantasy novel a very satisfying read. I enjoyed it tremendously. Five full stars and an author worth watching.

Please note that I picked this novel up as a freebie from Amazon. The price of the book has no bearing upon the review received, and in this case, I got much, much more than I paid for. Thanks for the read, Mr. Mallette.
Lessa
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed the story, the imaginative world the author took us through, but most of all, I enjoyed the characters, particularly the trio of adventurers and how they evolved through the course of the story. The attention to details was impressive throughout the story, and it was all tied up with a satisfying conclusion in the end. Fun stuff :-)
Amy Adams
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Could not stop reading this book. I absolutely love it! I'd continue with the review, but I need to catch up with Avelia in The Sharp Edge Of Memory now.
Melinda