Start by marking “Winning in a Landslide (Change #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Winning in a Landslide (Change #1.5)

Winning in a Landslide

(Change #1.5)

Sheriff Grissom has just won re-election, but the campaign got nasty. Johnny and Grissom are at odds with each other, the reality of their world sinking in for both men. Johnny's frustrated and Grissom's patience is stretched to the limit.Johnny's come to understand exactly what their relationship could cost Grissom, and he's having second thoughts. But the two men have es ...more
ebook, 1st Edition
Published December 21st 2011 by Torquere Press (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Winning in a Landslide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning in a Landslide

Ami
This is a follow up story about Sherrif Grissom and his partner, Johnny (from A Change of Tune), along with their two adopted kids. It's a light read, it has nice vibe to it, especially reading about how the two dads interact in front of the kids. Though since I read Chris's review first before I read this, I ended up noticing that they DO call each other's names way too frequent :-)
Tam
Feb 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, christmas-story
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews

As noted, this is a follow-up to A Change of Tune. This story takes place about a year later, just following Grissom’s reelection as sheriff. However things were pretty ugly when Grissom’s opponent played the homophobia card. Things were very stressful for them and even now that Grissom won with 75% of the vote, his opponent is taking legal action to contest the results. Grissom is stressed and when he gets home, none to receptive to Johnny’s q
Phaney
Mar 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Looks like the author discovered reciprocity since the book this story’s a follow-up to. Sadly it doesn’t really work for me.

And besides that, the couple’s daily life just strikes me as depressing. There’s such a thing as too much realism, you know? Maybe I was right in my assessment that these two don’t like each other much…
Actually, we even get a quotation from Grissom to that effect:

“Ash, if that man weren’t the hottest thing I’ve ever been fortunate enough to shag, I’m not so sure I’d put up
Becky Condit
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a character-driven novella so it is enhanced by the fact that Ms Cartwright writes dialog beautifully. I can hear the regional accents and emphasis no matter who is speaking, a main or secondary character. I am invested in these men, their children, and the other people in their community and look forward to hearing more about everyone in and about Rain Dance Farm in future Change books.

See my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... (Jan 17, 2012)
Beck
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, meh
This was a nice read but nothing special. This book doesn't stand alone & you need to have read A Change of Tune to get anything out of this one. Although it was nice to revisit the characters & see how they were getting on, this book was a bit pointless. Nothing really happened. It left me feeling a bit meh.
Mandapanda
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: various-romance
2.5 stars. I do love A Change of Tune but this little extra short story is disjointed and lacks a storyline or anything new.
Eva
I liked Grissom and Johnny in A Change of Tune so this short holiday story was a great opportunity to see them again.
Chris
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, gay, ebook, romance, 2011, done
Good holiday m/m romance that follows up on the sheriff, the rock star, and their two young adopted kids right after an extremely trying election. Something that once I noticed, I couldn't un-notice - the two main characters just seemed to use each others' names way too much.
OkayKim
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good to read after finishing the first story.
AliciaJ
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just a quick check in with Johnny and Virgil after Virgil wins re-election as the sheriff. Very cute.
Katy Beth Mckee
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Johnny and Grissom are back and discovering that finding each other and doing the work to stay together is the real win.
Julie
2.5
Jason Bradley
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m, christmas
3.5 stars. I loved seeing the boys again. :)
jules0623
Neither character is particularly likable, tbh.
C.L.
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved Johnny and Grissom in A Change of Tune and I enjoyed them just as much in this little story as well. Enjoyable follow up story. I hope we'll get to read more about them in a future novel!
Cecilia Rodriguez
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sandra M
May 15, 2014
Lily
Cute Xmas themed follow-up to A Change of Tune. It was nice to catch up with the guys.
Chantal Gonsalves
Jun 10, 2012
Kallunnah
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
JM Cartwright is the alter ego of a polished professional who works all the time. Well, maybe not all the time... but paying the mortgage and buying dog food keep JM pretty busy.

JM dreams of the Appalachians and someday sitting on the veranda overlooking 100 acres of paradise.

Change (5 books)
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • A Change of Scenery (Change, #2)
  • The Book of Wisdom (Change #2.5)
  • A Change of Pace (Change #3)