Start by marking “Top Cases of the FBI” as Want to Read:
Top Cases of the FBI

Top Cases of the FBI

One of the most fascinating Law Enforcement Agencies in the world is the FBI. From the J. Edgar Hoover days to present, the Bureau has investigated the most famous cases, including, mobsters, gangs, bank robbers, and terrorism. They have also received a few black eyes including, Waco Siege, and Ruby Ridge.

In Top Cases of The FBI, RJ Parker captured twelve of those cases an
Published May 10th 2012 by True Crime Publishing (first published November 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Top Cases of the FBI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Cases of the FBI

Start your review of Top Cases of the FBI
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 04/11/2011
Author: R.J Parker
Recommended for: fans of true crime
Edition: Kindle

I found this book on the Kindle Store for free and as I love true crime books. This is most definately not the type of book for children or young adults to read as it explains the crimes in great detail not leaving out any gory facts, some of the facts that feature in this book are ones that were previously unknown. This is a great book if you like reading about true crimes and what happened in the end, as a
Charlie
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Reads like an above average high school research paper -- and that's not a good thing. I had the kindle edition, but there were no sources at all for the material and that always raises a red flag. In addition, grammar errors abound and detracted from the narrative when there was one. At times the narrative of each case was extremely disjointed as details and players in each case were introduced or simply injected into the narrative with no context, seemingly as the author thought of it or found ...more
Briar
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm Pretty Sure this was written by an alien trying to approximate the English language but with only Wikipedia pages and highschool book reports. ...more
Brandon
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From IABookReviews.com:

This book receives a 9 out of 10. As the title states this is a book about the top ten best known criminals. This book would be a great resource for anyone and any age writing a paper on the FBI. It has great information that is easy to read and understand even at a lower reading level. The author has given great back ground on the criminals in this book. If you have a child writing a paper on any of these criminals this would be a great resource for them to use. The book
Bettye McKee
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime-books
This book covers ten FBI cases we are familiar with, reported in a fair and unbiased manner by the author. Although I knew about all of these stories, I learned new things about each of them from this book.

The stories are presented in a straightforward fashion, never deviating from the case at hand. The author apparently has done a great deal of research in order to bring all of this information together under one cover.

This is how true crime should be written. Most readers are not interested in
Chris
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entertainment
A very interesting read. The cases are quite famous. I found some of them to be quite interesting as I remember them growing up (Waco, Texas; the Unabomber). Other cases like Bonnie & Clyde were familiar cultural references, but reading the case books helped me understand more of the infamy.
Brenda
Aug 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with a prior reviewer; this reads like a C- term paper. Don't bother unless you need a sedative. ...more
Dimitris
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting

It's an interesting and informative book although for some details it needed some sources in order to be more accurate.
Natali Papanicolaou
Top Cases of the FBI - not strictly for true crime lovers

Not exactly what I expected to see as “top cases of the FBI” but maybe that’s just me. I had anticipated more true crime serial-killer cases such as the Zodiac, Ted Bundy, Ed Gein etc. However, I truly appreciated the more well-known ones such as the Al Capone and the Bonnie and Clyde cases.
I also enjoyed the Patty Hearst case, putting into perspective the phenomenon of the Stockholm Syndrome.
Kristin
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

So many cases and so much information! This book was fascinating to read. Thank you for writing about so many cases in one book. I look forward to reading more of your books.
Susan Bennett
Informative and easy-to-read

The content of this book is presented in a direct, in formative style that makes for easy reading. Great overview of top public newsworthy cases without becoming tedious. Nicely done👍
Evelyn Taylor
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review.

The book was really good to read. But the stories weren’t long enough and in detail so that’s why I gave it four stars. Anybody can read it. I think this book is more for school children just coming out of middle school more than it is for adults.
Emma
Oct 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Wikipedia is more accurate and better written.
Brand
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Indifferently written. Just a summary of a summary of what was reported in the papers.
Michael Eck
No detail

Stories lack details of the criminals’ lives. Very short stories.
I would expect more information from a newspaper article than this book provides.
Mirhanda
It was OK
Jodi J. Staplins
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not as interesting as I thought it would be ...more
Mr. Craig A. Maser
Not What I Was Expecting

My fault for not prechecking out the book more but I was expecting a much more detailed description of each case.
Kristen
This was ok, but the information was pretty superficial. Had the case descriptions been more in-depth, I would have enjoyed it more.
Sandy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short Reading

Very short stories. Not too much detail. Kind of like reading Magazine articles. The stories seemed to be very accurate.
Vicki Dilley
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I like crime books and investigation books. This was very interesting. Some of the things I this book i didn't know.
Sue
Interesting summary of 10 famous FBI cases. Not too deep, but I did learn a few things, especially about the DC Beltway Sniper, Ruby Ridge and the Unabomber.

As a fan of "true crime" this was a pretty easy read, but left me wanting a lot more detail. The author named movies made out of each case, which was an interesting twist.
Kathi Garcia
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!!!

The FBI is an intelligence driven threat focused national security and law enforcement organization. The principal investigative arm of the U.S. justice and a full member of the U.S. intelligence community with the authority and responsibility to investigate specific crimes assigned and to provide other law enforcement agencies with services such as fingerprint ID's lab exams and training. Their mission is to protect and defend the U.S. against threats to uphold and enforce the crim
Patricia Ibarra
I was disappointed by this book as it describes, in excessive detail, the crimes we all know about, such as the Unabomber, Waco, Bonnie and Clyde, among others. Nothing new under the sun. I found it very boring, a lot of legalese I care nothing about. I was expecting to read something new and to find out more about how the minds of criminals work and what leads them to end up committing such heinous acts.
Amy  Katherine Wolff
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Having been a student of history, I already knew of most of these cases. Nonetheless, it was an interesting book and did cover a lot of the top FBI cases from the early 1900s with John Dillinger until just a few years ago. Each chapter covered a particular person/case, so it was a quick and easy read.
Becky
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feels like I'm reading a report from an officer briefing his super.
Feels like nothing held back but not long winded. Gritty and powerful, some chapters were captivating perhaps due to how long ago the crimes were. A couple I found disturbing. And one I was annoyed at the FBI and courts errors.
I'm sure when read you will know which cases I'm talking about. Another excellent book thanks RJ.
Katherine McCarthy
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
A gritty and powerful compilation of a variety of famous cases. Full of facts and details, this would be a great resource book for anyone interested in criminology, true crime or even fiction writers. A few of the cases were well known to me already, however, some weren't. This book helped fill in the blanks. Highly recommend it! ...more
Tere Fredericks
Not Written to Be Understood

Some of the cases written about here I know fairly well. This is written much as a B grade essay for a high school junior. Knowing that authors who give away their books aren't paid unless they are actually read, I finished it. Barely. If you want a true crime book, don't get this.
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The 12 cases chosen for this book by the author are very interesting to read and learn about. This book will grab your attention from the first page and hold it until the last. If you are interested in true crime or investigation this is the must read book for you.
Kelly
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a quick read. Easy to follow and understand.I felt that the book was a great beginners book when it comes to criminology. I would have liked a little more "meat" or that specific detail "morsel" when it came to each of the 10 cases that were explored. ...more
Play Book Tag: [Poll Ballot] Top Cases of the FBI by RJ Parker 3 stars 1 3 Oct 27, 2020 07:49PM

• The Patriarch: The Remarkable Life and Turbulent Times of Joseph P. Kennedy
  • Empire of Self: A Life of Gore Vidal
  • What Am I Doing Here?
  • If You Really Loved Me
  • Ruby Ridge and Waco: The History and Legacy of the Federal Government’s Notorious Sieges of the Weaver Family and Branch Davidians
  • Travels
  • New Europe
  • From Ruby Ridge to Freedom: The Sara Weaver Story
  • 31 Days to a Simple Life the Amish Way: Inspirational Secrets from Amish Friends
  • Texas: Slang for Crazy : The Weird, Wild, and Wonderful of the Lone Star State
  • Travelling to Work: Diaries 1988-1998
  • Even As We Speak: New Essays 1993-2001
  • The Moth
  • After All (Cape Harbor, #1)
  • A Promised Land
  • FBI Diary: Profiles of Evil
  • The Empath's Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People
  • True Crime Stories: 48 Terrifying True Crime Murder Cases (List of Twelve Collection Book 1)
See top shelves…
RJ Parker, P.Mgr., MCrim, is an award winning and bestselling true crime author and co-owner with his daughters of RJ Parker Publishing. Inc. He has written 17 true crime books, available in eBook, paperback and audiobook editions, and have sold in over 100 countries. He holds Certifications in Serial Crime and Criminal Profiling.

ALL Paperbacks under RJ Parker Publishing are in the KINDLE MATCHBOO