Start by marking “A Life Lived Ridiculously” as Want to Read:
A Life Lived Ridiculously

A Life Lived Ridiculously

When a girl with obsessive compulsive disorder falls in love with a sociopath, she must fight for her sanity and her life. Maxine's brain is stuck. Everything around her feels wrong and the only way to fix it is to check, double-check, rearrange and count everything. What Maxine can't fix though is her parents' constant nagging over the absence of a husband. A humiliation ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 246 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Firefly Publishing & Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about A Life Lived Ridiculously, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Lived Ridiculously

Start your review of A Life Lived Ridiculously
Charline Ratcliff
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've just finished reading “A Life Lived Ridiculously” by author Annabelle R. Charbit. It was a good book; well-written and the story / characters drew me in from the get go.

The premise of “A Life Lived Ridiculously” is this: Maxine (this story’s main character) is a Jewish girl with a serious case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Of course she doesn’t realize this; she’s done all the research on this particular ailment and none of its symptoms correctly fit what she experiences on a painful mi
Coleen Cloete
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it

At first it bothered me that there is not more scientific information regarding the characteristics of a sociapath and OCD. But then as the story progressed I really got so stuck into the drama that unfolded that it did not matter.

It was very well written and I liked the British humor that came through in the book. I got so frustrated with the gulable Maxi for not realising what this man is doing:) I completly got absorbed into the story.

I can totally (and hopefully) see a number of books deali
Di D
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A Life Lived Ridiculously was a delightful read from start to finish. The main character was so vulnerable and raw, I was just praying for her the whole way through.
I also found this to be an easy and quick read (probably because I couldnt put it down), and recommend it highly.
Mary
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this. Very clever writing, and you can feel the British humor. In fact I think I had a British accent in my head the whole time I was reading this. A real gem. I pre-ordered my copy from the website and read it in one day!
Therese
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read the first chapter of "A Life Lived Ridiculously." Dr. Charbit weaves a hilariously sinister roller coaster ride that keeps you perched on the edge of your seat...with a few unexpected twists and turns.

Dr. Charbit takes two serious topics (OCD and sociopaths) and weaves a suspenseful sinister plot but adds a good dose of humor that kept me both entertained and intrigued. Maxine represents the every day woman struggling with OCD,
Vered
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Maxine is your average psychotic basket case, obsessing over the light fixtures in her room, until Sam enters her life and turns it upside down. A Life Lived Ridiculously is a fun read as we follow Maxine’s madcap thoughts and misadventures. It reminded me of Bridget Jones’ Diary, but with darker humor. Annabelle Charbit could however use a better cover artist. I guess this is one of those examples of ‘don’t judge a book by the cover’. And I do recommend this one! (The book, not the cover…)
Jason Bergenfeld
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great find! Once you pick it up, you can't put it down. It tells a compelling story of a women in the throes of OCD. Annabelle Charbit's writing is packed with great characters and even greater prose. You won't stop laughing! Grab this book ASAP!
Robin Geiger
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. Keeps you wanting to read more. Interesting and unexpected ending. A must read.
Orangejuice
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book absolutely rocks. Amazing writing. Laughed, cried, loved the main character Maxine. Just wanted to take her home and give her a big hug.
Soho_Black
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, used-to-own
Not long after reading "Sherry Cracker Gets Normal" by D. J. Connell, an entertaining story of a woman with a slightly skewed world view, I came across ''A Life Lived Ridiculously'', which promised to travel a similar path. What made me anticipate this book is that the author, Dr. Annabelle R. Charbit, is a doctor of Neuroscience and so should have a decent understanding of things affecting the human mind. As a psychology graduate myself, this is something that has always fascinated me.

Maxine is
Karen
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I actually give it 2.5 stars. It started slow, then one of the main characters became annoying. However, it did grip me enough to make me want to finish it.
Pandora
Verna
Jan 30, 2012
Jade Pope
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
this was a thrilling book and I highly enjoyed when Sam or Shane got his comeuppance
Maalicia
Jan 09, 2018
Cassidy
Apr 13, 2012
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Sep 08, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
I won this book from Jean BookNerd blog as a giveaway!

AnnabelleRC
May 16, 2012
Tonita
Jun 15, 2020
Writers and Readers : A Life Lived Ridiculously 1 13 Apr 01, 2012 10:54AM
Bookworm Bitches : 10 ways to know if you are dating a sociopath 1 38 Jan 26, 2012 09:07PM
Creative Reviews: Sociopaths are everywhere... 7 15 Jan 11, 2012 08:06PM
Quirky humour: Sociopaths are everywhere... 1 7 Jan 11, 2012 02:57PM
Goodreads Authors...: Sociopaths are everywhere... 1 6 Jan 11, 2012 02:54PM
The Humour Club: Sociopaths are everywhere... 1 11 Jan 11, 2012 02:54PM

• Galápagos
  • Blue is for Nightmares (Blue is for Nightmares, #1)
  • The Naked Civil Servant
  • The Diary of a Nobody
Dr. Annabelle R. Charbit grew up in London, UK, and has been writing since 2006, when her comedy play, Sound Advice, was performed by CP Theatre Productions in London, UK.

In 2007, she was published in The London Paper and in the British Neuroscience Association’s Summer Bulletin. In 2010 she wrote for TheFrisky.com, an online magazine who commissioned her after noticing her humorous blog, Crazy i

News & Interviews