Start by marking “Quiver (Black Robin)” as Want to Read:
Quiver (Black Robin)

Quiver (Black Robin)

She has a secret.

He is about to find out just what that secret is.

When Lady Phoebe Locke’s mother died, she left her only child alone with a grieving father who shunned his daughter, the spitting image of his only love. Left to be raised by her father’s servants, Phoebe grew up to be headstrong, impetuous, wild, and loyal to them and their plight...even if that meant jeopa
Published (first published December 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Quiver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quiver

Start your review of Quiver (Black Robin)
Shirley
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When I first downloaded this book, I started reading it on my smartphone's Kindle app. Soon after, I found I'd be getting an actual Kindle for Christmas, and thought I'd just stop and wait until I got the Kindle.

That was a hard wait!

Quiver was the first book I downloaded onto my Kindle, and immediately I started reading. Dinner almost suffered for it, I got so involved!

Robin Hood has always been one of my favorite characters, and for Robin to be shown as a young woman, was an amazing idea! This
Jen
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Once again S.L Naeole pulls you in and engulfs you into a world unlike your own. Taking the tale of Robin Hood, S.L creates a new cast of characters and reinvents a refreshing story about strength, courage, wit, and determination. You will find yourself feeling as if you are beside Lady Pheobe, living and breathing the adventure with her. Amazing storyline, rounded characters, and a plot that will leave you wanting more.
FicTalk Blog
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-in-2012
Reviewed by Meg

Ever since I read S.L. Naeole’s Falling from Grace series, I’ve been a big fan of her writing. It seems as if she has a gift for imagery that not many authors have. When I hold her books in my hand, I don’t even have to try to picture the scenes unfolding before me. It just happens. That being said, recently I was somewhat disappointed by one of her newer books, Dark Veil, and had to just grab up something else by her to help wipe the memory of that one book I didn’t enjoy from my
 LEAH⇢
"I'm nowhere as noble or as selfless, and when I die, no one will sing ballads of me."

--S.L. Naeole, Quiver

If your looking for a book with a title that starts with a Q, then Quiver is an OK read for that. It is not sexually explicit, it's hardly even romantic. There is a small sliver of romantic notions, but they just...I don't know; left me feeling uncomfortable, mostly. What it is, is a story about a girl who robs from the rich and gives back to the poor, with the help of her trustworthy black
Jackie
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by S.L. Naeole. I've read her Falling from Grace books and fell in love with her writing. Didn't think I would like this one but I was wrong. I loved the idea of a female Robin Hood. Phoebe is a strong female character who takes matters into her own hands, she's in charge of her own life and defends others. She's not some spoiled Lady. She's humble and gets along better with those who aren't royalty and work for her.

I really wanted Martin to come back but Christopher was a go
Liz
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read what this book was about before I started it, I just went with the fact that I love everything S.L. Naeole writes and started reading. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was her spin on Robin Hood. And let me just say that I loved it! She did an amazing job sucking me in and I was as in love with these characters as I am with the original storyline! I hope, I hope, I hope she continues this story and writes many, many more books about Phoebe and her adventures. Thank you aga ...more
Lindsay
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Entirely not what I was expecting, I am usually strictly a fantasy/urban fiction type reader, but I am a fan of S.L. Naeole so I gave it a try. It is captivating from the beginning and held my attention that so much so that I couldn't put my kindle down until I was finished. I loved her different take on the story of Robin Hood, by using her own characters and some of the fundamentals of the original. It was a great story and would definately recommend!
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love all of S.L. Naoele's books but this one might be my favorite. I did not want to stop reading it and was lost when I finished it. This story is a neat twist on Robin Hood with an amazing leading lady!
LeAnn
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
S.L. Naeole has done it again! Her way with words and the world she created captured my heart in this spin on the classic tale of Robin Hood. Another favorite by this amazing author!
Cassandra Martin
Cyndi
Oct 22, 2012
Megsly
Dec 26, 2011
S.L. Naeole has always loved the smell of books, the feel of books, and the destination that a book is guaranteed to take you. She knew from an early age that she was meant to write, to create those very same books she loved so much and vowed that one day, she would.

Now, after getting married and starting a family, she has finally made her dream come true. As the author of Falling From Grace, she'