Start by marking “A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides, #1)

A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides #1)

The Christmas season has always been important to Nash Sinclair. Home from the war and surrounded by his large, loving family, he realizes what is missing from his life: a wife. Not too surprisingly, he is looking at his sister-in-law’s rather becoming (and unmarried) sister when he makes the decision.

Lady Julianna intends to remain unmarried, having no need for a husband
Published December 6th 2011 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Bride For Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bride For Christmas

QNPoohBear
Nash Sinclair is home from war and home for the holidays. He adores his family and enjoys visiting with his nephews but he feels a bit lost, like something is missing. Perhaps it's time to find a wife. Doing so is easy but having a happy marriage such as his parents and siblings enjoy is not so easy. He begins by practicing his charm on his sister-in-law's sister Lady Julianna. Lady Julianna is immune to flattery though Nash claims he's just being friendly. She has no interested in men or marria ...more
Katrina Epperson
Jan 13, 2014 Katrina Epperson rated it it was amazing
Aileen Fish brings us an unexpected romance set in the 1800's in England. It's the Christmas season and the family of the Earl or Renford descend on Renford Abbey to celebrate the holidays and to welcome back home Nash, who's recently returned from war.
Nash Sinclair, late of the 13th Light Dragoons, has recently returned from years at war. Nash attended a few socials when first arriving in town, but soon becoming bored with all the young ladies and their mommas, he retires to his townhouse for s
Betty
Nov 29, 2013 Betty rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful romantic short story about an English military man who has returned to his family and to civilian life after fighting Napoleon. He was wounded in the last battle which actually occurred the day after Napoleon surrendered. He is enjoying the family at his family home. All his brothers and sisters and their spouses are there along with all the children of those marriages. He has just about decided that it is time for him to marry and start a family of his own, when he meets hi ...more
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Kindle freebie: a short, sweet Regency novella (novelette? Whatever.) I think this will appeal mostly to readers who love Regencies. Nothing offensive. Hero decides he must wed a lady who has decided for various reasons that she's fated to remain a spinster. Dragons appear in every form except the real one. Cute.
Kristin Holt
A BRIDE FOR CHRISTMAS by Aileen Fish is a delightful Regency Romance. I was captivated by the depth of characters (quite an accomplishment in so few pages!), their tender and sweet romance as it developed.

This novella is labeled 'sweet' by the author, and I wholeheartedly agree. Highly recommended to fans of sweet historical romance.
Arlena

Title: A Bride For Christmas
Author: Aileen Fish
Published: A.F.
Age Recommended: New Adult - Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"A Bride For Christmas" by Aileen Fish was a beautiful told romantic historical short story. "A Bride For Christmas" was what you can call a 'sweet and clean read.' The two main characters Nash and Julianna were well delivered, developed and oh so colorful. I did enjoy how this author was able to bring out many all of the descriptive details in this good read. W
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This was a charming little regency, I don't think the title matches though (view spoiler).

Anyway, Nash has finally come to a point in his life where he would like a wife and family of his own. While home for the holidays he gets to spend time with his brothers sister-in-law Lady Julianna. He is surprised to find he actually enjoys her company. Julianna has vowed never to marry, but that vow is tested as she comes to know Nash a
Dee
May 26, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing
I so enjoy the 19th century! There was a way with romance that did not carry through to the 21st century. Men always seemed so gallant and romantic. Nash and Julianne had no intention of falling in love but it just sort of reached out and hit them on the head. Nash knew before she did and set out to show her that he was the man for her. This was a very well done romantic story line that showed lots of effort in the research and the vivid descriptions used to build the place and the individual ch ...more
Tia
Captain Sinclair returns home to celebrate Christmas with his very large family and meets his sister in laws sister, Lady Juliana. Lady Juliana is 24 and almost past marriageable age, and that's the way she wants it. She dreams of traveling and one day writing a novel. Nash Sinclair can't imagine why an intelligent beautiful woman like her wouldn't already be married. They find that they both are trying to dodge the marriage thing, and in turn Nash becomes intrigued. Is it possible that he's thi ...more
Cherie
Nov 17, 2016 Cherie rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, owned
Lovely characters in a festive, Christmas, setting. Julianna has insisted she will not marry and prefers living with her maiden aunt. Nash is recently returned from the continent, wounded at Toulouse. He hasn't felt a need to marry either but when the two meet - she is his brother's sister by marriage - he is intrigued and they engage in a wager. The wager is for him to find a man she would be interested in marrying. If he wins the wager he wants a kiss.

There's no adversity, no arguing. He asks
Karen
Oct 15, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
This novella was a cute, quick read. While this was a quick read, it still felt like a whole story. I really liked the characters of Nash and Julianna. I thought their relationship was developed well. One thing I didn’t like about the book was a reference to mistresses with an attitude that having a mistress before marriage was okay. Other than that, it was a good read.

Content: clean – a swear word, brief mention of mistresses as a norm
See my review at http://www.iamareader.com/2013/11/boo...
Milou Koenings
Dec 18, 2013 Milou Koenings rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I’d never read a Regency romance before Aileen Fish’s novella. What a wonderful introduction to a lovely world!

Besides the historical details and atmosphere, which I found highly interesting, I loved the characters. No wimpy heroines here! Not only were the women strong, but the gentlemen were such … well, gentlemen, who treated the women with the respect they deserved.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. I was sorry it was over. I'll be reading more of her books!
Elizabeth Bennet
Dec 18, 2015 Elizabeth Bennet rated it liked it
This is nothing unexpected but still a sweet read. The h, Julianna, swears she is on the shelf with wild fantasies of being a spinster and Nash feels the sparks from his first glance at her. I liked the read it was fast minimal angst and believe it or not a little would have been interesting. A possible rival or some such drama definitely was needed. It is a clean book and once again Christmas was just a back drop. Enjoy!
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Nash Sinclair is a great character. He has imagination, and perseverance. He needs it all in this sweet story. Lady Julianna has decided that marriage is not for her. She appears to be sure of her decision but she is not as closed minded as she appears. it is fun to watch the two get together and to see how Nash slays the dragon in order to win her. Sweet Regency Novella is a good description for the story.
Jane
Lady Julianna had her life planned as a spinster with a desire to travel and write about her travels. She visits her sister's family to celebrate Christmas season and meets Nash Sinclair, her sister's brother-in-law.

A few walks, a wager, a dragon slaying and a proposal brings about A Bride for Christmas in this sweet Regency romance.
Ruth
Dec 25, 2013 Ruth rated it really liked it
This was a short and sweet little story. Not sure I would have wanted it to go on much longer, but the author managed to keep it short enough to hold my interest the whole time. The plot was pretty minimal, but again, it was short enough that it didn't really matter and the whole story was pretty cute.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
A quick story to read during the Christmas season.

A near spinster has determined to never marry. A returned Captain from the French war is determined to change her mind. A wager is set, who will win?

This is a cute and clean novella. The characters are engaging. The story is predictable, but fun when you want a light romance.
Sally Hannoush
Aug 15, 2014 Sally Hannoush rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the slaying dragon charade such as in a fairytale. Completely off subject, it reminds me of the movie "Practical Magic" where dreaming of the perfect impossible man is the reason to excuse themselves from being attached to one. The short story is clean in nature except for a kiss so it is not offensive for those who do not like naughty reads.
Tammy
Mar 03, 2014 Tammy rated it it was amazing
A young woman and a man ten years her senior find love.

The surprise is in the journey. A war weary second son and stubborn spinster sister in law introduce themselves after a lite acquaintance. Then comes a knight in shining armor, a Dragon to slay, and a happily ever after. A short novella with a few twists to keep your interest and sweetly believable ending.
Jenny
Dec 15, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a nice short story romance set during Victorian times involving a courtship between Nash Sinclair and Lady Julianna who is convinced that she will not marry. The author did a good job developing these characters that reading their interactions was enjoyable.
Cynthia
Dec 16, 2013 Cynthia rated it liked it
Was a nice book, nice story. For some reason it just didn't hold my interest and my mind keep wondering. Could be just me but I just could not get into it. It really was a nice story and interesting. I just need a little bit more to hold my interest. Sorry
LadyCalico
Sep 24, 2013 LadyCalico rated it liked it
Good thing it was short since there wasn't much of a story. The writing was sweet and charming but there was nothing terribly original that you haven't read time and time again. Just a romance, the end.
Kay Elam
Jul 20, 2015 Kay Elam rated it it was amazing
Great pure reading

I search and search for clean books, it is so refreshing to finally find one. It was entertaining and witty. I loved it. Can't wait to read moire of Aileen Fish
Becca
Nov 29, 2013 Becca rated it it was amazing
Awwwwwww. A very sweet holiday read. Nice and fluffy and great fun. It takes place over a couple weeks before Christmas and the entire setting of the book is festive and full of scenes with family. I will read this again next year :)
Kyra Dunst
Apr 30, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it really liked it
This was a truly sweet romance, filled with the silly pleasantries that make true long lasting happiness in marriage. Julianna and Nash make a charming couple, and with their teasing banter, they are perfect for each other. I would definitely read more from this author.
Luli
3.5 stars.
Historia muy cortita y con cero drama.
Entretenida aunque tampoco muy memorable, con mucha interacción entre los protagonistas, con muchos personajes, con su puntito tierno, realista...original...
Una lectura agradable y sin pretensiones.
Rashika Deo
Mar 05, 2014 Rashika Deo rated it it was ok
Cute short story. loved the teasing between the lead characters.
Angie
Nov 26, 2013 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, christmas, kindle
I was a bit disappointed in the hero.
Cheryl
Sep 20, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
this was a sweet fast read. I enjoyed it and especially all the descriptive detail. i really love the victorian era and totally enjoyed this story! Cant wait to read more of this authors stories!
Wilani Wahl
Jan 09, 2016 Wilani Wahl rated it really liked it
This is for the most part a clean read. I did find a couple of swear words. I loved the story. It is well written
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • A Counterfeit Christmas Summons (Regency Seasons, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • The Christmas Ball
  • My Lady Coward: An Episodic Regency Romance
  • The Cardwell Ranch Collection: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch \ Justice at Cardwell Ranch \ Cardwell Ranch Trespasser
  • A Little Book of Christmas
  • Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts
  • A Heart Is A Home: Christmas in Texas (Texas Lovers, #2)
  • Mad For Love (Highland Brides, #1)
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • A Midnight Clear (Fly Me to the Moon, #2)
  • Christmas at Valley Rise (Miracle at Valley Rise #3.5)
  • Desperate Measures (A Regency Short Story)
  • A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Make You See Stars (Stardust Erotic Romance Series #2)
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)

Regency Christmas Brides (2 books)
  • The Mistletoe Mishap