Start by marking “Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment” as Want to Read:
Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment

Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment

Using her own story as a framework, Liz Jansen provides first-hand accounts of the transformational power of motorcycles. Stories from forty- nine other women riders with diverse backgrounds, ages, and life experiences are lashed onto that framework and enhance the core message: when we're true to ourselves and challenge our comfort zone, we discover our strengths and move ...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Trillium Wordworks (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment

Start your review of Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment
Greg
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
In Women, Motorcycles, and the Road to Empowerment, Liz Jansen provides a thoughtful and inspiring account of the experiences of fifty women (including herself) as they built on the base of motorcycling accomplishments to strengthen their confidence, skill, and self-efficacy in other areas of life. Many insights into the important things of life and life experience, most of which are consistent with my own understanding achieved in several decades of hard-won experience. Consider the following:

Carla King
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an inspirational collection of stories of women who have found the motorcycle as a pivot-point for transformation. While you might not have had an actual "vehicle" that transformed your life, you'll probably recognize yourself in at least one of these stories, perhaps in many. If you are at a point in your life where you desire change and transformation, you'll probably find inspiration here.

This is not a book for bikers, as one reviewer hoped (she should read an adventure travel book,
Debbie
Jan 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
I did not like this book. Being a biker, I really thought it would be more about fantastic stories of women and riding. But it only seemed that the author found influential women who had lofty jobs to fill her book. I honestly only read half of the book because I kept thinking "didn't I just read that" for each story. I would not recommend this book, nor did make me want to get on my Harley and ride.
Diana Bletter
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jansen's interviews with a wide variety of women and her own experience about her life's journey -- both on and off her motorcycle -- make for inspiring reading!
Connie Bauer
Dec 22, 2014
Lorna
Apr 13, 2018
Don
Jan 06, 2013
Liz Jansen
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mariah Barwick
Christa L Davidson
rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2016
Tanya Lorenz
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2019
Nov 04, 2015
Sunil Shrivastav
Jan 23, 2016

• J.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set: The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
  • Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1)
  • The Biggest Loser 6 Weeks to a Healthier You: Lose Weight and Get Healthy for Life!
  • Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget
  • The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie, #1)
  • Instant Pot Cookbook: 550 Easy and Healthy Instant Pot Recipes That Anyone Can Cook, Even If You’re A Newbie In The Kitchen
  • Somebody I Used to Know
  • Cemetery Girl
  • Damage
  • Luckiest Girl Alive
  • The Girl Before
Liz Jansen was born and raised in St.Catharines, Ontario. The eldest of six, she was introduced to motorcycling at age sixteen when her younger brothers paid 85 dollars for a used Honda 50 step-through to get around the family farm. Little did she know her relationship with riding and personal power had begun and would be inextricably intertwined throughout her life.

After leaving a career in Corpo