Start by marking “Göttlich verloren (Göttlich, #2)” as Want to Read:
Göttlich verloren (Göttlich, #2)

Göttlich verloren

(Starcrossed #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  37,660 ratings  ·  2,357 reviews
In der Unterwelt ist die Zeit für immer.

Helen muss die Hölle gleich zweifach durchstehen: Nachts schlägt sie sich durch die Unterwelt, noch schlimmer quält sie tags, dass Lucas und sie sich unmöglich lieben dürfen. In der Unterwelt trifft Helen auf Orion. Je mehr Zeit die beiden miteinander verbringen, umso näher kommen sie sich. Dann geschieht etwas völlig Unerwartetes, d
Gebunden, 512 pages
Published May 2012 by Cecilie Dressler Verlag

·  37,660 ratings  ·  2,357 reviews

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
The way the first book ended makes me wanna cry. Poor Helen and Lucas. I want them to be together!

I NEED this book! Soon. Like now!! Or yesterday, whichever is best!

may 29
Patti
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Simple Mathematics People: Helen is 17 years old…Ajax died 19 years ago…HOW CAN HE BE HER FATHER? They can't even subtract 17 from 19? This better get resolved early in the book.
UPDATE: GORGEOUS COVER

Oh no…a love triangle. Didn't see that coming -.- Angelini, please do it tastefully!

So this is a link to an email from Angelini that actually does clear up this date discrepancy. Thank you to Angela who emailed the author!

After reading:
I can't. Form. Comple
Annabelle
****FINAL RATING: 3.60 STARS****

CATCHALL
I loved Dreamless so much more than Starcrossed, although I was still disappointed with several aspects of it unfortunately. Still, it was an excellent read and I genuinely enjoyed it. I felt that it was an extremely well-done second installment and I was especially impressed by the character development.

THE HEROINE
HELEN
Helen grows a lot in this book. Unfortunately, it's a rather slow growth, and it takes a while to really get into it. She starts out u
Michelle
Aug 04, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Now that I've read Starcrossed I'm really excited about this. Hopefully Helen and Lucas will be told that they are not cousins(and why has nobody else figured it out? I could have sworn like 3 people told her that Ajax died 19 years ago and there was the picture of Jerry kissing Daphne's pregnant stomach!)
"That's All" Ash
 photo despicableme.gif

Hold on a sec while I pick my jaw up off the floor…

WOW!

I’m suffering from one GARGANTUAN (love that word) book hangover. Seriously, I’m a mess. You can’t see me right now, but my hair is doing that I’ve-never-heard-of-a-brush thing, and my clothes are direly craving the ironing board (that I never use), and my emotions are off somewhere crying in a corner begging for a shot or bottle of Tequila.

And the buttprint on my very comfy couch is getting larger. I’d like to think that the largeness o
Cait
As an unforgettable love triangle emerges...

[image error]

A........ a love triangle?!?!?!?

After spending about three weeks researching for an hour-long presentation about Helen and Paris and knowing how their relationship truly was (which I will be editing on my Starcrossed review very soon), I hate this book even more, and she had to add a love triangle into this already jumbled up, mixed up mess?!

[image error]

Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononnononnonnononono
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"'Please,' she sobbed quietly. 'Just kill me now.'"

Oh, Helen, my dear. I would if I could, if only so this book could end sooner and I didn't have to suffer through a month of reading it.

The main thing I can recall about reading this book is that it was so incredibly boring. It took me so long reading it, trudging through it by bits and pieces at a time because it was so completely, utterly unabsorbing. I'm always amazed at how a plot-driven book can be so dull, but this book proves that it can
Sarah Dieng
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am looking forward to reading this one after loving the first one. You find out near the end of the first that Daphne lied about Helen being Ajax's daughter so her and Lucas are not cousins. I just hope they found out soon that they can be together. Can't wait for this one! Great job Josephine!
hayden
Google, define "sophomore slump" for me, please.
"A sophomore slump or sophomore jinx refers to an instance in which a second, or sophomore, effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the antithesis of a sophomore slump. Angelini steps up the action and the passion and the sizzling tension in DREAMLESS; in fact, breathing isn't an option. You'll be holding the air in your lungs and turning pages faster than you can believe.
Helen Hamilton just can't
Lucia
May 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Everything I liked in first book was not present in this instalment. Moreover, author introduced new character and created love triangle. A big no-no for me!

My Lucas, Helen and Orion:

This book is excellent example of how to ruin series which had plenty of potential. So what would I recommend not to do?

*Change heroine from lovable girl into whinning self-pittying girl.

*Take away banters and interactions between hero and heroine which were the most interesting part of book #1 and which made this s
Ina
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow....... Got to say, before, I thought this was gonna be... "Ehh..." Because of the mention of "Love Triangles" But, when I got a hold of that ARC, Wow... IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Josie cleared up a lot of messes we were talking about. such as, the cousins part, and added a very cute new character ;D
LOVED IT!!!
I stayed up all night reading it! Definite must read!!!

My review before I read this:
"A... Love.. Triangle... WTF... I now completely DETEST love triangles.. I mean, it is good
Cora Tea Party Princess
The start of this book was actually OK, for the first 10 pages or so and then it went down hill. So... Let's try something different here...

***

Hi, my name's Helen. I am the absolutely STUNNING AND PERFECT LOOKING protagonist of this book. In fact, I'm the most freaking beautiful girl in the world. No joke. The face that launched a thousand ships and all that. Doesn't matter that beauty is subject to the eyes of the beholder and different cultures have different definitions of beautiful.

Last book
Colleen Houck
Lots of action. Another swoon worthy boy. Cool new powers. What's not to love? Very excited to move on to the last book! Can't wait to see what happens next. =)
linda ❃ (flourishreader)
I was so excited when starting this one! Angelini introduces a new demigod called Orion and Helen gains strength when getting new abilities. I am still on #TeamLucas because that's the only ending-ship I am going to accept.

A great sequel; giving ☆☆☆.

.+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations or take a look at my bookstagram. Thank you for reading this review! 💐
Glass
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***NOTE! review is posted on Ja čitam, a ti?

Are you, Jose Angelini, one of the descendants of, um, I don't know... Is there Greek goddess of torturing by cliffhangers? Just to make one thing clear - I wouldn't mind if you leave the love story as it is. Yes, I am that kinky.

Second book in Starcrossed series picks up where first one ended so maybe it would be good idea if you refresh your memory before you start reading. Dreamless is more focused on Helen's role in the new world she found hersel
Nasty Lady MJ
Sep 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To see full review click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

Screw the format I usually follow.

I can't do it today. Not after I read this rainbow turd of a book. That's right, I said rainbow turd. And when I say rainbow turd, you know the book's shitty. If you don't want to read my entire rant about why Dreamless was even more insipid than its shitty predecessor, I'll briefly summarize why I hated it: it was way too long, the character is on the same Mary Sue level as Bethany Church, a
Marianna
Sep 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A few minutes ago I finished Starcrossed and writing my review I said "Can't wait to read the sequel".
And when I come here to mark this as Want-to-Read what do I see? WHAT DO I SEE?

!THERE IS A LOVE TRIANGLE!

Why do bad things happen to good people????
(Good people=Me, bad things=Love Triangle)
Erin
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-on-ipad
*****3.5 stars*******

Okay, so this is a toughie for me. I am a huge Starcrossed fan, it is such a well-executed, thrilling story with characters that I just absolutely fell in love with. The wait for Dreamless was a long one, so I couldn't wait to dive right in the day it was released. Honestly, though, I found myself really struggling to get back into the story, and at about 20% in I had to shelf this one for a few weeks. I finally sat down today and finished it, and I was a little disappointed
Olivia
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!!

IM IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES! This book was as good (or even better) than the first one! Ahh I can't even come up with words to describe how amazing it was. The writing is phenomenal and all the dialogue between the characters is so funny and flawless!

If you haven't read this series, start it right now!!
Quincy
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2012
Not another love triangle!!! I truly, truly hate them. They make women look like whores and they're just so......... TRITE. (But, yes, I'm still going to read the book)
Caylynn Bleess
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-own
Re-re-reread review!

These visits to the parts of the Underworld where she was in no immediate danger lasted the longest and ended up being the hardest in the long run... Hell didn't need lakes of fire to torment. Time and solitude were enough.

Me every time I reread this trilogy-

Seriously. I fucking love this trilogy SO MUCH. It is one of those extremely rare ones where the sequel is just as good as (and some rereads even better than) the first installment, and I know every time I dive into t
Julianna Helms
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Greek mythology and literature
Quick Reaction: I should make it clear that there are many different ways to judge a book, and I'm judging Dreamless in relativity to Greek myths. Some pet peeves we see abundantly in today's literature are common and incredibly vital to Greek plots, and I must say that in both that aspect and Angelini's soothing narrative, this book certainly deserves 5 stars.

I thought I would hate Orion, but he actually turned out okay. Though Helen annoyed me a bit at some parts, she never crossed the line th
Sylvia
Oh my word I did not want this book to end. What can I say the Gods must be doing something right by giving Josephine Angelini a remarkable ability to spin a web of adventure rooted deep in mythology and tragedy. This book was an amazing follow up to Starcrossed, which I adored but had me screaming and yelling at the end in disbelief. We left off with the notion that Lucas and Helen were actually related and that the love they share and have for one another is forbidden. But we know the stinking ...more
Sally
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jackie (No Bent Spines)
Before I Read
How could you do such a terrible thing?!?! Can they not subtract!!!!! I mean Ajax died 19 YEARS AGO!!!! Shes 17!!! I hope, hoPE, HOPE that they end up together! they're meant for each other!!
_______________________________________________________________________
After I Read
Okay-so i wanted to kill Lucas, kiss Orin (a lot)
THEY STILL DONT KNOW THERE NOT COUSINS!?!? OMFG. Seriously-i am freakin pissed here.
I <3 Orin!!!
Sooo as you can see: mixed emotions :)
aniryllis
Edit - May 27, 2013:

A fucking love triangle ruined almost all the fucking book.
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

Edit - December 31, 2011:

A love triangle?!
An unforgettable love triangle?!?!?!
Really?!
Larissa
I want to read this book NOW! *cry*
Helena
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first part of the trilogy to some extend but this book suffers from a serious second-book-syndrome.
Sandra
Aug 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
MY REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK:

It's not crying because it's not entirely bad. I am not saying it's bad, its just thatI didn't enjoy this as much as I enjoyed the first book.

Read further to know why.

THE GIST

Starcrossed ended with a huge frustrating cliffhanger! Turns out Helen and Lucas were cousins imagine that?!

AfsdhgjuntwpetfpnCGTPNEGUSDBFVHAVGNOYAWERY

Okay going back, Helen is a Descender meaning she is could go down to the Underworld eventhough she isn't dead yet. Why does she have t
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
Dreamless was one of my most anticipated books of this year, so when I found it was available for review I jumped at the chance to read it. And now…..after reading I’m so disappointed with it and here’s why.

When Helen discovers she’s the only Scion that can enter the Underworld at will, she is fast to take on the journey to try and stop the Furies from collecting any more blood debts from the other Scion’s. But taking on the task isn’t easy for Helen because she is literally going through hell

• Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.

Starcrossed (3 books)
  • Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
“...try to remember that dreams do come true, but they don't come easily.” 181 likes
“You're my invisible sun, aren't you?” 128 likes