Start by marking “Doctor Who: Project: Twilight” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Project: Twilight

Doctor Who: Project: Twilight (Big Finish Monthly Range #23)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  234 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
In the renovated docklands of South East London, on the bank of the river Thames, the doors of the Dusk are open for business. Bets are called, cards are dealt and roulette wheels spun. As fortunes are won and lost, an inhuman killer stalks the local avenues and alleyways a killer with a taste for human flesh.

Is there more to casino owner Reggie "The Gent" Mead or is he ju
Audio Play
Published August 2001 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Taksya
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nuova avventura per il sesto Dottore e Evelyn Smythe, una accoppiata che continua a deliziarmi.
Ci troviamo coinvolti in progetti governativi segreti, nella creazione di super soldati, gruppi para governativi che dovrebbero controllare quello che le schegge impazzite stanno combinando... una sorta di Torchwood in anticipo sui tempi.
In questo, si può dire, primo episodio che coinvolge la strana società chiamata la Forgia, abbiamo a che fare con i vampiri... entità che sembrano toccare un tasto dol
Sandy Prater
Jan 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
A Bald Mage** Steve
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: doctor-who
Dr Who meets Blade you wouldn't get away with this story on TV very dark and Grim..... 8/10
Mar 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobooks, read-2013
I didn't enjoy this. I do not like starting my day listening to quite so much pain, terror and horror and it went on and on and on. It's the Krays meets Jack the Ripper meets our current paranormal darlings the vampires and the result is not pretty. I wasn't sure what I would think to the Colin Baker doctor but the problem wasn't really with him, although he does behave rather oddly at times. I liked his companion Dr Evelyn Smythe who I was encountering for the first time - like the redoubtable ...more
Kevin
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Devin Harvey
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: big-finish
I feel like this one deserves a lot more appreciation than I see it getting in most reviews. It is the beginning of an arc of audios that all start with 'Project:', though this is the only one i've heard so far, it is just fantastic. It is very dark and disturbing and really just toys with your emotions, I was almost in tears at one point, and it all works so well. It's hard to talk about without spoiling though, so I will just leave it at; everyone should listen to this audio, it is fantastic, ...more
Bronwen
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, sci-fi, tv, audio
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: tossed, kept, audio
Every government at some time apparently has experimented with making the perfect "super soldier" and England was no exception. Sadly, while they *do* come up with super soldiers, these soldiers are allergic to garlic and excessive amounts of daylight. They also need a specialized liquid diet. Yes indeedy we have VAMPIRES!! Created by the government VAMPIRES (!!) located in a secret base under a casino where people go missing all the time. What are the odds that Sixth Doctor and Dr. Evelyn Smyth ...more
Angela
Jun 10, 2014 rated it liked it
The Doctor and Evelyn go to London for a Chinese. There they get caught up with gangsters, vampires and the mysterious forge.

This is quite a dark story that shows that sometimes the Doctor can make mistakes. Evelyn is the one here with sense, even if she does make a mistake that will haunt her for a long time. The introduction of Cassie as a hapless young mother made her a well rounded character. The idea of the Forge is good, but it is only hinted at what they do, and is still very mysterious
Mel
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I'm honestly not sure what I thought of this one. I continue to like Evelyn as a companion. The villaness was superb. I loved the first two parts but as soon as the "vampires" showed up I thought it all went a bit to pieces. It was odd as even though it was supposed to have a modern day setting it felt like a very Victorian or Edwardian story for most it. Now of course the name is very amusing! (Though I did note that it was written 4 years before certain Mormon books)
James Aggas
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really do like this story - it's not perfect, but it is a great, gritty story that introduces not just the wonderful villain of Nimrod, but also, very subtly, kicks off a major arc of the Big Finish audios. The story's a little slow to start off with, and Reggie comes across as a bit of basic, one-dimensional villain, but when Nimrod comes along, that's when it really kicks off. A great story that works on its own and as the very subtle beginnings of several great arcs.
Leilani
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: tie-in
The plotline was not particularly surprising or original, and the guest characters felt pretty familiar, but the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn were, as always, delightful to spend time with, and this audioplay helped me endure a tedious wait at the airport on the way home from Dragon*Con, and for that I am grateful.
Toni
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
A typical Doctor Who romp - enjoyable but nothing too spectacular. I did enjoy the allusions to the Great Vampires, though I wish they had gone into them more. Fantastic performance by Maggie Stables as always - I particular enjoy Evelyn Smythe's character. I wish we could get her into the screen in a Doctor Who performance somehow.
Anne Barwell
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-play
Part of the arc with The Forge, which I've listened to in reverse, being curious as to the reference to Cassie in later stories.

I like Evelyn as a companion/foil to 6 - she doesn't stand for any nonsense and gives as good as she gets from him.

Good story, with an interesting twist on (view spoiler), which sets up well for later stories in the arc.
Wendy
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: big-finish
The Doctor and Evelyn encounter some vampires. The Doctor initially tries to help them cure their condition, but things get complicated when it becomes clear that a cure isn't necessarily what the vampires want. A good straightforward vampire tale, but one which sets up some characters and plot threads that are going to reappear in later stories. I'm eager to see how it all pans out.
Steven
Aside from a truly poor story and way too much screaming, the mix on this one is terrible, especially in the first episode. It's all about vampires, and also the start of an arc.
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: doctor-who, plays, british
1999. The Sixth Doctor and Evelyn try to find out what connects "Project: Twilight", a secret government initiative, to a seedy casino in London Docklands.
Nicholas Whyte
A rather nifty story of the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn in sixties London, dealing with vampires. Some nasty violence though.
Debra Cook
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Interesting adventure. I certainly didn't see that Vampires were involved. recommend.
Christopher Buchanan
Vampires. Evelyn Smithe. Meh.
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
Quite a tight little thriller. I was surprised the revelation about the nature of the nasties took so long, but there are many nice bits and pieces along the way.
Charlotte
Aug 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Quite aggravating how a good deal of the plot seems to depend on the stupidity of the main characters.
Anders
  • Doctor Who: Storm Warning
  • Doctor Who: The Harvest
  • Doctor Who: The Apocalypse Element
  • Doctor Who: Spare Parts
  • Doctor Who: The One Doctor (Big Finish Audio Drama, #27)
  • Doctor Who: Bloodtide
  • Doctor Who: Omega
  • Doctor Who: The Fires of Vulcan
  • Doctor Who: Sword of Orion
  • Doctor Who: Caerdroia

Big Finish Monthly Range (1 - 10 of 233 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time