Start by marking “Torn” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  229 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Every 26,000 years the earth experiences a magnetic reversal or pole shift. These reversals are always accompanied by disasters of catastrophic proportions. They also coincide with two other events: an ice age and species extinction.

We are, at this time, 50,000 years overdue.

Darius Cobb wasn’t thinking of man’s extinction. He honestly never gave it a thought. A college pro
Published 2011

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Rhonda
Snakes, giant roaches, giant ant piles so large a child could fall in and never recovered, rabid dogs, the black plague plus new viruses, planes falling from the sky, giant sunspots blasting the surface of the earth and a new ice age encroach upon the homo sapiens of the earth. That's the end of my review--enough said!

Perhaps there's a story, roaming around within all these catastrophes, though sadly the telling of this extensive adventure leaves an impressionable abyss of deficiencies. First th
Heather
Dec 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Awful

Awful book. Unexplained vagueness, every joke falls flat, horrible character development. Completely abandoned Chuck's character. And what the heck is with the "lip fluttering"????
Emily
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Worst book by Druga

I've read allot of this authors books . While they aren't my favorite, they usually are not as terrible is this book. The story is long uninteresting and winding. The keep adding ppl to there storyline/ plan with little detail or description to the point when she mentions that character later you think "who is that, oh wait who even cares". I always finish a book no matter how terrible. I was prepared for this author to kill off the children in the story like she normally does
Celeste Chubak-korol
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I feel that 3 stars for this book is generous and I only gave it because I do like this author. However, I didn't care for the main characters or their banter with each other, just rude and disrespectful to one another. And the grammatical errors...YIKES!! I find them in Ms. Druga's books often but this book was loaded and difficult to ignore. Having said these scathing things I will continue reading her books, she's got some real gems out there!
Kaye
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Now I remember

Why l don't read this author's books. Her constant use of characters "fluttering" their lips is like Chinese water torture...you don't know when it will hit, but you know that it will.
Lorrine Hughes
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good reading
Stephanie Hosking
May 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sorry

While several parts of this book showed promise through storyline, character development, and flow the overall product was lackluster, stilted, and schizophrenic.
Characters were juvenile, underdeveloped, emotionally stunted. Story was ...well...like the author tried to pack in as many movie disasters as she could without explaining any of the science behind it even though her main characters were scientists. Poorly done.
Ken
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Torn

I enjoyed this book very much and really enjoy the writer style. It also doesn't hurt that she is from home area and writes about that as well. But I do like her character development and the way she weaves the characters into the story. The sense of him and sarcasm makes the story very enjoyable without taking it to far.
Emma Williams
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Fast paced. Funny at times. Reasonably realistic - as the post-apocolyptic genre can be! But I will definetly read more of her work as I like the way she writes and develops a story.
Donald Franck
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting plot twists

Overall, I liked this story and there are moments of greatness. But also scenes that made totally no sense at all. But I stuck with it to the end and enjoyed it.
Teena  Renken
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

Fast becoming a favorite author for me.
Great characters in a believable storyline. I was drawn into the lives of the characters and wanted to know what next. Very good book!
Talitha Manning
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jacqueline Druga has written another good one.

This book is very good. As is most books by this author. I would recommend it to readers that enjoy the SHTF genre books.
Anne
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku-bir, z2015-bir
Good story! Despite the editorial errors, it was really good. I couldn't put it down!
Angela Blalock
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best epilogue ever, i laughed till i cried

My favourite book so far. Added a good bit of seriously funny humor to a really good end of the world as we know it storyline.
Cherye Elliott
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Torn

At first I was "Torn" because it seemed a little like book #1 of Beginnings. Then poof! It had it's own identity.

Great read. Loved the ending.
Jan
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book, nice and long. Very good value for the price. Can't wait to read more from this author.
shelli laurion
Matthew N. Roy
Dec 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Nightfall
  • Dead Days: Episode One (Dead Days Season One #1)
  • Voidhawk
  • No Shelter (No Shelter, #1)
  • Sometimes a Light Surprises
  • Trust
  • Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
  • The Power Behind the Throne (Stargate SG-1, #15)
  • The Stagecoach Bride
  • Siren Song (Stargate SG-1, #6)
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • The Heart of a Soiled Dove (Soiled Dove, #1)
  • Mama's Bible  (Oregon Trail #1)
  • Raft People
  • The Seventh Seal
  • Sunrise (Stargate SG-1, #17)
  • Final Dawn: Episode 1
  • Valhalla (Stargate SG-1, #14)