Start by marking “Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)

Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  1,471 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews

Tim O'Rourke once again shows his mastery at building stories and characters that are larger than life. He has readers constantly guessing and changing their alliances."
Abibliophobic Book Reviews

Kiera awakens to find herself imprisoned. Experiencing horrific nightmares and visions, she slowly realises that she has been subjected to a series of sinister tests and opera
Published December 6th 2011 by Tim O'Rourke

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Breed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Breed

Novels On The Run
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 5 SMEXI SEAN POTTER & KIERA STARS!!!!

Tim..Tim...Tim...what can I say but another AWESOME instalment in the Kiera Hudson series. I am totally sucked into his books when I am reading them that I so want to be an extra if these books ever got made into movies. Like seriously, I don’t care if I get raised in the air and my neck ripped open and I get flung across a car bonnet, and that is all I get to do ( well a close up would be cool.), but I want a part as they are
Darkfallen
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
What can I say? This is a series that I can never get enough of!

Seriously why hasn't a publishing company scooped this up yet? It just doesn't make sense to me! But enough of my little fit throwing, lets get on with the review shall we?

Kiera Hudson is by far the worlds UNLUCKIEST twenty year old ever...and it just gets worse, and then worse.

Waking up in a zoo turned prison, where the animals are the ones that run free and the humans live in cages, things can't get much worse. She's filthy and wo
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"The fate of two entire races lies in your hands. The decision to destroy an entire race is not an easy one - so choose wisely, Kiera Hudson."

Geesh...talk about having the weight of the world on your shoulders! Poor Kiera just can't catch a break as it is always one battle to fight after another.

I have said this after reading each book in this series but this is definitely the best one yet. Again, Tim sucked me right into this world of vampires, Vampyrus, werewolves and half-breeds. Vampire Bre
Alley B
Without any introduction or adieu, I’m just going to jump into the synopsis of the fourth book in the Kiera Hudson series by Tim O’Rourke!

Vampire Breed starts off right where Vampire Hunt left off. Suddenly, Kiera finds herself trapped in a cage in a zoo like an animal. She’s tired, dirty, exhausted, and worst of all; she’s become addicted to human blood at the hands of her captors. When she begins to think that all is lost, a young werewolf comes to visit her almost every night. With Nik’s vagu
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Breed is Book 4 of the Kiera Hudson series.

So far she's become a cop, fell in love with a Vampyrus, saved a town or something, got talked into babysitting, then tried to save a girl, and then fell in love with an icky character that I do not like but if I cast him as an X-men then I would, and went hunting for things, had her mom try to give her some blood, and woke up in a cage.

Kinda sounds like Resident Evil without the zombies lolz!

But it's good ;)

You know, they could actually make a
Michelle  novelsontherun
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
RATING : 5 SMEXI SEAN POTTER & KIERA STARS!!!!

Tim..Tim...Tim...what can I say but another AWESOME instalment in the Kiera Hudson series. I am totally sucked into his books when I am reading them that I so want to be an extra if these books ever got made into movies. Like seriously, I don’t care if I get raised in the air and my neck ripped open and I get flung across a car bonnet, and that is all I get to do ( well a close up would be cool!), but I want a part as they are so entertaining.

Va
Ronda
Dec 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok, here I am, on the edge of Cliffhanger (but luckily for me the next installment is at hand) and I'm reeling!

It was him - not the one who I thought it was or the one that I was feeling guilty for thinking it could be him, or even the other two... no it was him and I never considered it! Oh don't get me wrong, he was in suspicious list but way back, way back before it really counted!!

Now because it is him - I am also left with - OMG Kiera, why him???? I LOVE Luke (even though he is still missin
Melissa
This one is my favorite so far!! I am always looking for a new series to fall in love with and by chance a month ago I tried the first novel. Loved it so much that I read the 1st 2nd and 3rd book all in a week. The things I love best about this series is that 1. Kiera is not a whiny needed clingy woman that so many paranormal books portray (i.e. Twilight etc - sorry not a big fan) 2. The breed is unique so you don't feel like you have read it before 3. Story is paced nicely with intrigue - so ma ...more
Jen
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Once again I couldn't put the book down.It was over way to fast leaving me wanting more. Poor Kiera,can't she ever catch a break? The fate of two entire races lies in your hands.The decision to destroy an entire race is not a easy one -so choose wisely....oh and don't fall in love. Holy crap I was blown away.I love this series and can't wait for the next book...(who would of thought I'd end up liking Potter to??)
Daisy
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Vampire Breed, and it was by far my favorite of the series. I loved the whole series of course but this exceeds the rest so far. I was on edge the entire time reading it. I couldn't put it down, finished it really fast and now January couldn't come fast enough. I cannot wait for book 5 and see what's going to happen. This is a must read book! Just love love love it!
James Villegas
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Katrina
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow what another AWESOME book in the Kiera Hudson series. I have been engrossed in this first series for a week now, running out and buying the next book after each one. I just can’t wait. I am totally sucked into this series. Enjoying the twists, turns, sexy Potter, blood, guts and no stop action. What can I say I friggin love this series !!!!!!!!!

This story had nonstop action, a few tears, a few what the >>> moments, and also moments where you like oh my gosh!!!

I love Tim’s writing
Caroline Barker
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you liked, or in my case - LOVED, the first three books of the Keira Hudson series you will not be disappointed with this fourth instalment. With Keira captured and no sign of Potter or Luke the beginning of this novel appears very bleak for all of the characters. 'Where is everybody?' was the first question I asked myself, in fear of what may have happened to them.

However, over time we find out how Keira is and how she has been treated and as the book unfolds we are taken on an incredible jo
Shelley
Dec 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4-4.5

*Review*

Vampire Breed picks up approximately 2 months after the end of Vampire Hunt. So, if you haven’t read the previous 3 books yet, why not? In the beginning, Kiera, Kayla, and Isidor have been captured by the villains including Kiera’s own psychotic mother, Phillips and Sparky. There’s no sign of Luke, Potter, or Jack Seth.

Since they are considered half breeds, they are experimented on, and end up being treated like animals in a zoo. Kiera finds that she’s
A Book Vacation
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
O’Rourke has written another phenomenal book in his Kiera Hudson series, bringing us one step closer to the much anticipated finale as book five is planned to release in early 2012. I am in love with this series, and think it is one of the best series I’ve read this past year. That being said, this novel is, like the others, very well done. We learn so much more about the Vampyrus and their evils plans in this novel, including who is behind it all. I was shocked at the villains reveal, especiall ...more
Apageaway
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Breed is the fourth book in the Kiera Hudson series by Tim O’Rourke. I am completely addicted to this series. After reading this book my reaction was “Ahhhhh!” I am so ready to read Vampire Hallows (which will be out soon Feb. 2012). With each book I think it is the best in the series. The books are back to back with each other continuing right where the previous left off. The book continues to be suspense filled from beginning to end. I could not put it down. Kiera learns more about her ...more
Talk Supe
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Everything in this book is dark, depressing, filthy and trying. My heart goes out to Kiera, she only wanted to know what happened to her mom, she never expected that she'll be a stuff of legend much less treated baser than a rabid animal!

Vampire Breed will test your limits. There's nothing pretty about this book, in fact it might make you lose a little bit of hope about the whether or not Kiera will survive all of this. The answers to the conspiracy, mysteries and the endless deceptions have be
Amber Johnson
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibook
What can I say, Tim O'Rourke makes his books too intriguing! I would of finished this book sooner, but I was so into the book. I felt the I needed to give Kiera (MC) sometime, so she figure her way out of a certain situation. Crazy, I know! But the anticipation of what she needs to figure out and what's need to get done. That's what pulled the story closer together. But, it also make you wonder! What else in store for Kiera and her friends. I'm anxious for the next book! Starting it now!

I truly
Tanya
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Being the fourth book from this series, I have read the other three and can say I am completely hooked! The style of writing, and the many twists and turns this book takes really keeps you on your toes. I believed Kiera was meant for Luke, however book four has bought out another side to Potter that you just didn't expect and now I wouldn't know who to choose! I read the last two books in three days, I just couldn't put them down. Going onto book 4.5 about Potter now and I eagerly await book fiv ...more
Claire
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when it came out in 2011 but didn't realise I hadn't done a review. Kiera gets locked away after her failing attempts to find her mum and in search of information. Where are all her friends and who has her locked up? More time with Potter as Luke is away yippee and Kiera has to turn tough or she'll never get out!! Loved this book it has everything laughs mostly from Potter he's so funny, twists that you don't see coming till they've smacked you in the face, wow is all I can say ...more
Jenn Green
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok, seriously awesome thrill ride Story!! This series just gets better & better. I could NOT put it down. Who needs sleep anyway?!? First off Kiera is one seriously Badass Chick, I love it!! And Potter?? God where do I begin???? really do love that man, and boy does he make me Giggle....ALOT!! And just when I thought I had the villian all figured out Mr. O'Rourke smacks me upside the head & says ummm No! good god what am I gonna do when this series is over????
Meeshark
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Seriously I can't get enough of your books. I literally can't put these amazing books down. You defiantly have a way with words. I don't care what people say Potter is by far my favorite character in the whole series. He is just so mysterious and sexy :) i really hope kiera chooses him seriously. Love your books I can’t wait till the next one I’m holding my breath.

love
a very devoted fan :)
Stacee
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The twists and turns in this one are great. A lot a books are predictable, not so with this one. Just when you think one thing and you know it has to be what is going to happen Tim O'Rourke throws you a curve ball. Kudos Mr. O'Rourke. This series is one that reaches out and doesn't let you go...I couldn't put any of them down.
Shawn
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I had a couple chapters where I was slightly bored....BUT the chapters after cured it.

I am very glad that Jan. 2012 is so close I cannot wait.

I a solutely love this series. In this novel I was rethinking things and questioning things and praying it wasn't Luke or Potter....lol....
I love the way this one ended...but it was a tease as we'll lol

Again, Tim I say well done...many kudos!
Anya
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love! Love! Love!
On with the fifth one! I'm devouring this series like crazy! As in I started reading the first one yesterday morning and I finished with the 4th book in 4.30 in the freaking morning and now I'm starting with the 5th! I can't get enough! :)
Yvonne the Sweetest One
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!!! Murderous Wolves, back stabbing friends... Blood lust and a new relationship!!!! Ahh so much action you won't sleep til you finish this book!!! Kiera hates/loves potter? What happens to Luke??? Ahhhhh I need more!!!!
Jessy
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the series so far!! This series has me picking up a bad habit....nail biting!!! There are so many adventures and mystery wrapped up like a present just for your enjoyment. I love this book when I'm all done with the series I want to read this one again!
Sheri
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series took me from so many highs and lows, it fails to be boring. I loved it! There were points in this book it had me thinking, "Nooooo...don't do it!", but wow. Just a fabulous series that just reviewing it makes me want to re-read it. Well done, Mr. O'Rourke.
Ginnette Smith
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book, is number 4 of the series! and by far the best; its characters have become more complex, the story draws you in and you get completely taken over by it.

Its wonderful, it certainly keeps you guessing and you never guess the outcomes - excellent.
  • Blood Princess of the Vampires (Dying of the Dark, #3)
  • The Vampire's Curse (Undead in Brown County, #2)
  • The Vengeance of the Vampire Bride (Vampire Bride, #2)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • The Burning Bush (Santeria Habitat, #2)
  • WitchCraft (Witchblood, #2)
  • Tempt (Ava Delaney, #3)
  • Blood Hunt (II AM Trilogy, #2)
  • Deceived (Gwen Sparks, #2)
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • Encala (Heku #3)
Tim is the author of over sixty books including the No 1 bestselling 'Kiera Hudson Series', 'Samantha Carter - Vampire Seeker Series', 'The Sydney Hart Mysteries', 'The Moon Trilogy, and 'The Mechanic' among other titles.

Tim is currently working on new Kiera Hudson books and other works.

Don't be shy; feel free to contact Tim at any of the following:

Email: Kierahudson91@aol.com

Website: www.timorour
More about Tim O'Rourke

Kiera Hudson Series One (9 books)
  • Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson Series One, #1)
  • Vampire Wake (Kiera Hudson Series One, #2)
  • Vampire Hunt (Kiera Hudson, #3)
  • Vampire Hollows (Kiera Hudson Series One #5)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One: Books 1 & 2 (Kiera Hudson Series One #1-2)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One (Kiera Hudson Series One #1-6)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One: Books 3 & 4 (Kiera Hudson Series One #3-4)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One: Books 4.5 & 5 (Kiera Hudson Series One #4.5-5)
“I love you!” he bellowed at me and his eyes turned black. “Happy now? I love you, okay? I love you
so fucking much that it hurts! It’s driving me insane! I loved you from the moment I saw you doing
your Miss Marple impression in those woods back at The Ragged Cove. But I could tell you were
sweet on Luke and hey, why not? He’s the good-looking one, right? I mean, I’m just the hired muscle.
I’m the one who gets everyone else out of the shit. But I couldn’t help my feelings, I’d never felt like
that before. So yeah, okay I stole a kiss from you in the gatehouse – big fucking deal! But you know
what? That was the biggest mistake of my life, because that one kiss from you drove me out of my tiny
freaking mind! So, I’m sorry if I give the boy a hard time and ain’t too gentle with the girl, but I’m not
going to sit back and watch you risk your life just so you can blow their noses and wipe their arses!”
I looked at Potter and he seemed almost out of breath after his rant. Once he had finished, he put out
his cigarette and lit another one. Standing, I looked at him and said, “Potter, I had no idea…”
“Ah, forget it,” he said, waving me away with his hand. “I shouldn’t have said anything. Besides, I’ll
be moving out at first light in search of Luke. Once I’ve rescued him, I’ll bring him to you in The
Hollows and you won’t have to see me again.”
1 likes