Start by marking “Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #2)

Legends of Zita the Spacegirl

(Zita the Spacegirl #2)

Fame comes at a price...

Zita must find her way back to earth...but her space adventures have made her a galactic megastar! Who can you trust when your true self is overshadowed by your public image? And to make things worse...Zita's got a robot double making trouble--while wearing her face!
Published September 4th 2012 by First Second (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Legends of Zita the Spacegirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legends of Zita the Spacegirl

Start your review of Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #2)
Schizanthus Nerd
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the events in Zita the Spacegirl Zita has gone from Girl Who Pressed the Red Button to Famous Girl Who Pressed the Red Button. Oh, and she did have a part to play in the whole saving Scriptorius from the apocalyptic asteroid thing.

When an Imprint-o-Tron robot imprints on a poster of Zita, it begins its transformation into Zita Imposter Extraordinaire. Eager for some respite from the adoration of the masses, Zita is only too happy to allow robot Zita to take the glory. While robot Zita
First Second Books
Aug 29, 2012 marked it as first-second-publications
We love Zita the Spacegirl!

This book is full of robots, a giant mouse, the circus, more robots, people that explode, and lots of delightful, girl-centric adventure capers with a definitively aw-inducing ending.

Ben's art is wonderful -- you just want to go off to where-ever-in-the-galaxy that Zita is and be her friend (with her giant mouse). Maybe someday we can all have adventures together!
Carmen
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
This is better than the first book: Zita the Spacegirl. Zita meets a robot that can imitate anyone, and it steals her identity, leading to much trouble.
Erica
I'd read Zita the Spacegirl when it was first released and I've been meaning to read the other two but only just got around to it this past weekend, six years later.
Better late than never, I suppose.

Zita continues to be all delightful and human, full of real characteristics and feelings and also a little piss-n-vinegar. She's a cool kid.
In this installment, however, her coolness factor begins to ebb throughout the galaxies as an imposter takes her place, forcing her to make some questionable
Raina
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This may be my favorite kids comic series ever.

Seriously. This sequel is just as good, maybe better, than the first one.

Zita is now famous in the galaxy as a hero, and with that fame comes responsibility and expectations. She must rescue entire planets! She must deal with paparazzi! She must battle robots which have taken over her identity!
This volume introduces several great new characters, including the RingMistress, who will inspire many halloween costumes. I definitely think that the thing
Lata
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Action-filled. Again recommended to me by my child.
Marie the Librarian
Zita is just so great. I love the art, the expressions and the emotions and the story as well. Its just wow
Nicola Mansfield
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel doesn't disappoint. Zita and her friends return but now that Zita is a hero everybody wants her autograph and she temporarily switches places with a robot who can imitate others. But the robot has a mind of her own ... What an imagination this author has! I just loved the fantastical world setting, space aliens and robots he has created. Even though there is no magic, I can't help but describe the way I felt reading this as "magical". Great, fun, adventurous story and fantabulistic ...more
Nancy Kotkin
Story: 5 stars
Art: 5 stars

Everything a children’s graphic novel should be! Doppelganger bots, bad hearts, humans you don’t know whether they’re good or bad, a cat and mouse team of outlaws. Brilliant saves and narrow misses. Unexpected twists. Zita the Spacegirl becomes the wanted Zita the Crimegirl. And who says overnight sensations aren’t possible? Zita just keeps getting better and better.
Melki
This episode features problems SO BIG, it'll take TWO ZITAS to solve 'em.
God lord - even the spaceships are cute in this one!

My favorite of the series.
Michelle
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
***Review of an ARC***

This was much better than I expected it to be. Even though I haven't read Zita the Spacegirl, this sequel was easy to get into. I was a little confused in the beginning, but it's not hard to figure out what happened before.

The cover was what attracted me to this graphic novel. It looked colorful and fun. I think others have mentioned this already, but the artwork reminds me very much of stuff by Hayao Miyazaki. The artwork inside was just as amazing as the cover. I was
HBalikov
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Book 2 - a good continuation of Book 1, Zita the Spacegirl
Summary of Book 1 rating

Artwork: Good (sometimes simple is better)
Story: Very Good

Children to 'tweens: highly recommended
Young Adults: recommended
Adults: enjoyable

Zita has a special charm, without being cutesy. She may be wrong, or insensitive, but she learns from her experiences and her usual good intentions have a positive effect on those around her. Book 2 has some more special friends that show Hatke's inventiveness and sense of
Jim
Ben Hatke gives us a great follow-up to Zita the Spacegirl. Zita is still trying to get home, and this follows her through her adventures in space. Well, obviously, I guess.

If you can spend some time just looking at the art, it is really amazing, if simple. One thing I noticed in this book is how Hatke does a fantastic job giving the characters expressions - especially the aliens who don't usually have human-like faces. You know exactly what they're expressing even with the his simple art
Madeleine Gamboa
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I think this book is cool because it is about a robot that saw a picture of Zita and dressed like her. Zita had to go on stage for some reasons but she saw a robot that looked like her so she told ther robot to go on stage instead of her.Then mouse and Zita went to go on an adventure.
Lydia
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zita has a doppelganger! At first, Zita's pretty happy with this as it's been harder for her to explore now that she's famous, but then the doppelganger get's a little... obsessed. To the point that she strands Zita on a planet and tries to take over Zita's life permanently. However, the galaxy still needs a hero and Zita the Spacegirl must rise to the occasion be she flesh and bone or metal and wires.

Another great adventure with Zita and crew (and bonus crew as Zita makes more new friends in

Kam Yung Soh
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
In this second book of Zita's adventures, she is now famous. But she finds fame boring and yearns to return home. Then, an encounter with a robot that can look like her gives her a chance to escape fame for a while. But that encounter would lead to danger for a planet looking for a hero to save it and to Zita being labeled a criminal.

Initially, Zita is selfish, only thinking of freedom. But when others act to sacrifice themselves to save her from capture, she finally decides to become the hero
CatholicBibliophagist
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved both the author's writing and his drawing style. I also chose it for reading practice when tutoring my niece. She liked the book, but it might not have been the best choice because of the many characters who spoke in dialect. That was a little hard for her. This is not a flaw in the book, but it's something I'd look out for in the future when working with a reader who has a poor grasp of phonics.
Emily
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zita continues to delight. It's so fun to see so many hat tips to pop culture "aliens" in the large variety of species shown. (I recognized a ninja turtle, a wookiee, and an Orko-looking guy). I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
vaughn
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My granddaughter loves Zita.
Her Mom made her a Zita costume.
Great series. We love reading them to her while she's learning to read them herself.
Ordering #3.
Larry C
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Outer space has never been this cute or this much fun until now.
Mimi.Y
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-readers
What a great adventure Zita had!! She is such an unique Earthling who just seems to be going thru it on an alien planet. Like really!! Love this series to pieces. Lol!! I believe this is one of the only times I didn't mind waiting in the DMV for 4hrs on 125th in NYC (Harlem).
Dani Shuping
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I remember discovering Zita in webcomic format several years ago and being entranced, not only with the character of Zita and the adventures she took, but Ben’s incredible artwork as well. Sadly at some point I lost track of the site and Zita. And then...last year Zita the Spacegirl was released and Zita was able to tell us her full story of how she got into space. And why she was a hero. I feel in love with Zita all over again and I couldn't wait to read more about her adventures. Thankfully ...more
Mehsi
I decided now was the time to get book 2 and 3 in this amazing series. I really wanted to know if Zita would ever return home.

This book was amazing, wonderful and great. However, while I rated this a 5 stars, I had 2 things that I didn't particularly like.

Number 1 on the list is that robot/copy robot thing. I liked it when we first met it, I thought it was cute that a robot had someone she looked up too, but then she did certain things and was mean, rude and and overall body stealing bitch, and
Karina
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the book
Cecilia
3.5 stars I really like this sequel to Zita the Spacegirl. Hatke illustrates very well and the story takes an unexpected direction.
Matthew
Now that everything is solved and done thanks to Zita, she is on the mission to find her way back home. The remote button that takes her back home only works with a powerful crystal and she used all its power in order to save everyone from the meteor. Piper originally betrayed her in the beginning but in the end he redeemed himself and luckily he has plenty of fuel to travel slowly back to Earth for Zita. What is different about this volume is we get caught up in drama that delays Zita's mission ...more
Bookphile
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I read the first Zita, I thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't sure graphic novels were for me. I can't place my finger on just what it was, as I don't think there was anything technically wrong with it, but it just didn't pull me under like my favorite stories do.

So I proceeded to the second, and I was surprised when I found I liked it better than the first. I think this is due to a couple of things, but the biggest one is that I felt the series is starting to hit its stride.

New
Angela Bailey
Justin G
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is the sequel to Zita the Spacegirl. After rescuing her friend, Zita finds out that she has a clone-like robot that takes her spot. Zita also gets left behind when the clone robot wants more fame. A mysterious mask wearing alien gives Zita tickets to the circus. She finds a perfect opportunity to escape at the circus.

Zita commandeers a ship and is hunted by inter galactic police. When she almost gets captured, the mysterious mask wearing alien saves her. It turns out that the alien is
Mary Catelli
More light-heated action and adventure in children's graphic novels.

Volume 2 and volume 3 are more connected to each other than the first one to them. Though volume 2 does round off its story before we learn how things will continue. Spoilers ahead, to be sure, for volume 1.

Legends starts with a deactivated robot coming to life, discovering that all Zita's fans are coming to see her at an event, needless to say, organized by Piper. Her effort to explain that it was really Robot Randy are treated
Madison Mega-Mara...: #128 Legends of Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke 1 1 Nov 20, 2016 10:54PM

• Giants Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #1)
  • Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space, #1)
  • Sidekicks
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
  • Secret of the Time Tablets (Cleopatra in Space, #3)
  • Fallen Empires (Cleopatra in Space, #5)
  • The Mystery Boxes (Explorer, #1)
  • Earthling!
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth
  • The Golden Lion (Cleopatra in Space, #4)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run (Bird & Squirrel, #1)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Cardboard
  • The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • The Power of the Parasite (Squish, #3)
  • Mal and Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever! (Mal and Chad, #1)
  • Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)
  • The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
Ben Hatke is an author and illustrator of graphic novels and picture books. Most notably he is the creator of the Zita the Spacegirl graphic novel series.

He posts art and stories online at:

www.benhatke.com

Zita the Spacegirl (4 books)
  • Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #1)
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)