Start by marking “Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)

Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles #5)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  4,218 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
When the vampire tribes convene for the rare Blood Moon ceremonies, Solange Drake is plunged into a battle with her feral nature. The Drake brothers have been raised knowing that they had to protect their younger sister at all cost. But forbidden magic and a mysterious stranger have put them all in terrible danger.

Nicholas is going to have to make a difficult choice: betw
Published June 19th 2012 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Blood Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Moon

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

The music was bad, the fires were cozy. It was nice. Normal.
You know, until the screaming.
And that kind of scream in Violet Hill could mean only one thing.
Vampires.

Although I had a lot of fun reading it, the fifth and penultimate installment of the Drake Chronicles didn’t quite meet my expectations. Blood Moon is more like a really long chapter than an actual book. It starts exactly where Bleeding Hearts left off, with Solange’s three sets of fangs in Kieran’s neck, and it ends with ano
~Tina~

GAH! Harvey finally did it, she ended this book on a cliffy and I need the next book now!!

Wow, this book was so so good. Blood Moon is probably the most darkest and serious of the Drake Chronicles. Something that I'm not use to since Harvey has always balanced these books with just the right amount of humor, romance and excitement. But this book felt heart pounding and fast paced more then anything else. I kinda missed the humor, the Drake banter and the romance. Not to say that I didn'
Sadia
This Drake Chronicle has done a complete 180 since the last book. Goodbye to the cutesie, lighthearted fun of falling in love - super fast - with vampires and hello to a scary, creepy and surprisingly deep novel..

Although I really enjoyed the previous books with the all the Drakes and their love interests, I loved coming back to Lucy and Nicholas' points of views in Blood Moon - they're the ones I fell in love with! Especially as we, as the readers, don't have to see the repetitive nature of fa
Elizabeth
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, donated
Source: I own a copy of this book.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

I am such a huge fan of the Drake chronicles. I absolutely love Harvey's writing. There is so much drama and action in every chapter and I am always engaged until the very end of the novel.

In this book, however, I found myself not liking Solange very much. I didn't really understand who Constantine was and what exactly his motive was or why Solange saw the need to protect him
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
4.5 Stars

After the shocking cliff-hanger in Bleeding Hearts, Lucy, Kieran and Solange deal with the aftermath of Solange feeding off a human. Not only that, but with the Blood Moon just around the corner, all the Drake’s are on high alert and are forced to go into a two week lock down, which means – no leaving the safety nets. Sounds easy? Guess again! With the furies arrival and Solange’s struggles with blood lust, it’s about to get a whole load more dangerous in Violet Hills.

I loved it, I ju
Shelley
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Genre* YA Paranormal
*Rating* 4.0

*Review*

Blood Moon is the fifth novel in the Drake Chronicles. The story is told in the first POV by Solange, Lucy, and Nicholas. Blood Moon picks up right where Bleeding Hearts left off. (If you haven’t read that book, I shall not spoil what happened at the end.)

Solange Drake, the youngest of the Drake Clan and a recently changed vampire, has gone off the deep end by drinking human blood and is being lead around by the mysterious vampire named Constantine. Solan
Amber at Fall Into Books
I have been waiting for this novel since I finished Bleeding Hearts. I've been a fan of this series since Hearts at Stake, and I've thoroughly enjoyed every book. However, Blood Moon fell flat for me. The novel was nothing like Harvey's former work, and Solange has gotten so annoying that I wanted to throw my Kindle out the window every time a chapter said it was being told from her POV (The POV alternated between Lucy, Solange, and Nicholas. Keiran narrated the epilogue). The pacing was slow, t ...more
Marija *Who Cares If One More Light Goes Out? Well, I Do*
What. The Hell. She can't end it like this!!!!!! I guess I'll have to find the final book now... Oh god, this can't be happening. Evil Solange, evil Nicholas... I hope they'll kill Solange in "Blood Prophecy" but I guess she'll get cured and everybody's going to be happy for the rest of their lives. I just care about Lucy and Nicholas, by the way. The rest can go to hell. Especially Solange. Well, not the rest. Just her. I can't believe her! I know that she's possessed in some way, but acting li ...more
Amelie
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 Sterne

Ja, was soll ich sagen? Wie befürchtet ist mir Solange ziemlich auf die Nerven gegangen und mit hat am Anfang auch eine neue Liebesgeschichte gefehlt, weil es dir in den anderen Büchern ja gibt.
Allerdings muss ich auch sagen, dass das Ende alles noch einmal herumgerissen hat. Bisher in meinen Augen eines der besten Enden der Reihe und ich hoffe, dass mich der fünfte Band dann wieder komplett aus den Socken haut :)
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I FINALLY FINISHED IT!! She did it again... Alyxandra ended this awesome book on a cliffy, a CLIFFHANGER! WHYYYYYYY Alyxandra??? WHYYYY must you TORTURE USSS!! if you havent read the book dont read this review any further! (view spoiler)
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Blood Moon starts right after the end of Bleeding Hearts, where Solange has been drinking from humans, the blood moon is starting and huntsmen have arrived in Violet Hill.

Blood Moon is the darkest of the Drake chronicles and, while I did miss the humour and wanted more of the romance, this one kept you on the edge of the seat throughout the book and you could not predict what was going to happen next.

I did not like
Caoimhe Griffin
can not wait i love wen its solange point of view
Natalie
May 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Thank God! I've been waiting t5o get into Nicholas's head forever! Can't wait to find out WTF is going on with Solange.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
I first want to say that if you haven't read the other books in this series and you want to then you might not want to read this review. It's hard to talk about this book and not giveaway something.

I love The Drake Chronicles and Alyxandra Harvey is one of my favorite YA authors, but I am not sure if I like how this series is going. It only has one more book then it is finished but I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others, so I am hoping the next one will make up for it.

This book is told
YA Reads Book Reviews
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiona
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Kiona.

In Blood Moon, we return to Lucy’s, Solange’s, and Nicholas’s points of view. While I love all the Drakes and their various love interests, it’s definitely fun to return to the original characters we fell in love with. However, the events of this book are anything but fun. In a surprising but necessary turn of events, Blood Moon is dark, dark, dark; Harvey proves that her characters are more than just love-sick teenagers and Buffy-esque her
This is the 5th book in the Drake Chronicles so please be aware that this review will contain spoilers for previous books. Blood Moon is another fab instalment to a series I love though so if you haven't started it yet grab a copy of My Love Lies Bleeding (called Hearts at Stake in the US) now. If you're not up to date with the series then you should stop reading this review now so you don't pick up spoilers.

Anyone who read Bleeding Hearts was probably as shocked by Solange's behaviour as I was,
chucklesthescot
After the shocking cliffhanger to the last book, I had high hopes for this one but I found it very disappointing. The standard of the other books was high but there were so many things about this book that I didn't like. Frankly if it hadn't been the second last book in the series I might have even quit during it. This book is narrated by Lucy, Nicholas and Solange.

Solange becomes the royal bitch from hell in this book and I hated her. She was behaving like a spoiled whiny brat, hurting Lucy, br
Shannon
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger -- aarrgghh! Okay, now I got that out of the way...
If you are smarter than I am, wait until a week before the final book comes out before reading this one!

Normally I'm sick to death of vampire ya books, but these are a fun read - not because of the vampire stuff, but because the characters are all unique and interesting. Also, the books are action-packed, no waiting around for stuff to happen. Blood Moon is book 5 of 6. Which means all my questions (or most of them) will be answered,
Pretty in Fiction
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews-by-jesse
I cannot say enough good things about Alyxandra Harvey's The Drake Chronicles. And Blood Moon was, so far, my favorite book in the series. It's darker and a lot more serious than the other books, but it still has that same sense of humor that made me fall in love with The Drake Chronicles in the first place. There was so much action, and all of the characters were present. All of the Drakes are there, along with my favorite Hunters as well!

I can't even begin to tell you how in love with Harvey's
Haley
Aug 10, 2012 rated it liked it

This series is still the funniest vampire series I’ve ever read, but this book was not the best in the series. I liked Out For Blood the best, and I don’t think any of the others were as good. This book was not as exciting. Lucy is one of my favorite characters, and I love her voice/narration. The events in this book weren’t done as well as some of the other books. Having it switch between 3 perspectives, rather than two, is taking away from the story, even if it’s showing more. The opening was
Evie
I have one question: How? How am I supposed to wait until JANUARY to see what happens to this family I've grown to love so much?
I'm going to try to do this without spoilers here but if you haven't read any ofthe books this might give away a couple of minor things. You have been warned ;)
I was glad Vivian came to light, it made me feel better (and worse) about Solange. I don't trust Constantine. I might hate Constantine. I think Nicholas is okay because of something the author hasn't let us under
Stephanie
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned
Putting into words how amazing this book was... Nope just not possible. Everything that has lead up to this ... Oh my god I just can't. This book has been the most amazing, the most irratating one as well. I love Solange but in this book she just right out ticked me off.
But I know its not her, its viola and whatever she us doing to her. The ending was just a cliff hanger. My heart went out to Nicholas, who would have never hurt Lucy no matter what and had to do what she did to her. Aaaah I am in
Mizuki
Trust me, I want to like this book, Alyxandra Harvey is a good story teller and her series about vampire tribes and romances among vampires/vampire hunters/humans are interesting, but in the end I only found Blood Moon just okay.

The first thing I dislike is Solange, the vampire princess, she changes from an okay-character into a selfish and stupid girl that I want to throw the book across the room.

My other major complaint is this book feels like it doesn't really have an ending.

Last but not lea
Betza
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
He de confesar que convence el libro hace un monton de tiempo, pero entre una cosa y la otra lo deje un buen tiempo hasta que lo retome y lo finalice.

Este libro encontramos tres puntos de vista, el de solangel la protagonista, quien a lo largo de la trama va descubriendo algo de inseguridad en ella mismo y que tiene un lado oscuro, Lucy quien se translada a un campamento de cazadores de vampiros, como si el entrenamiento con Helena Draker no fuera sufiente, y quien se ve envuelta en un paradigma
julieta
I loved this series.
But this book, the dynamic changed; we don't have two new characters and their POVs and we went back to the characters from the first book--they were part of the story but we hadn't had their POVs since-- and I don't know it lost it's touch.
So, I'm going to challenge myself to pick it up again some time this year even though I don't read vampires anymore--I really read lots of books about vampires, didn't I? and my new favorite paranormal creature are witches. But, I'll try.
Aimee
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, ya
This is the 5th book in the series. The other books were cute, romantic, kind of fun, vampire books. With this book, the series has taken a dark turn, really dark. I struggled to get through it. It was okay. I still like the books and am interested enough in what happens next, that I will be picking up the next book. It probably won't be right away, though.
Catherine  Wolff
This was not my favorite in the series. I mean, I know it's essential to the story to have Solange be a dumbass, But it doesn't mean I have to like it. Plus because Nicolas was occupied with other things during this book, There wasn't as much romantic attention. And thats fine, but I still miss the cutness of it!
Mandii-lee
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I CANNOT GIVE THIS FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT ALYXANDRA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO THE CHARACTERS!!!!

im so close to throwing the book at the wall in frustration its not even funny :@
Anette

Anyone tired of Solange yet? 18 54 Jun 26, 2013 01:15AM
Thoughts on Constantine? 2 9 Feb 03, 2013 02:08PM
Fictional Charact...: Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey 3 8 Nov 06, 2012 07:52PM
release date 1 17 Dec 04, 2011 02:44PM
  • Blood Forever (Blood Coven Vampire, #8)
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
  • Blood Ties (Oliver Nocturne, #3)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Blazing the Trail (The Dragon Diaries, #3)
  • Damned (Crusade, #2)
  • The Vampire Stalker
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 03
  • The Salvation (Roswell High, #10)
  • Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Puss in Boots (Timeless Fairy Tales, #6)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Angel Dust
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
3020684
www.alyxandraharvey.com

Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fac
More about Alyxandra Harvey...

Drake Chronicles (6 books)
  • My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Oh Crap," Connor muttered. "She's going Darth Vader on us.” 38 likes
“And then Lucy happened.
Never mind prophecies and bounty hunters, she was the one who'd really turned my life upside down.... She made everything better.
She was necessary.”