Start by marking “Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1)

Fool for Love

(Cupcake Lovers #1)

SHE’S CRAVING A SWEET NEW LIFE…

Call her a fool, but chef-in-training Chloe Madison wants to have her cake and eat it too. So when her boyfriend dumps her for some French tart, she decides to start over from scratch—with a new life and job in Sugar Creek, Vermont. What could be sweeter than cooking for an eccentric lady who’s crazy for desserts? What could be more tempting
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fool for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fool for Love

Jacob Proffitt
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, romance
Through most of the book, this story was pretty good. Nothing special, but a fun romance in a small town with a big (extended) family realistically and lovingly portrayed. But then the complexity of the characters starts to simmer and develop and I became first attached, and then (to my dismay) unable to put it down.

Devlin starts well-enough as a man who loves his family and loves to help them. Unfortunately, he's highly competent and very often right so the best way to help them, obviously, is
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Fool For Love is the first book in the Cupcake Lovers series.

The story is set in the picturesque setting of Sugar Creek. If like me you have a sweet tooth then this would certainly be the dream place to live. Especially as they have a cupcake club where they swap recipes and ideas. For anyone good at baking there is also some wonderful recipes to try at the end of the book.

Chloe is the main character who decides to make some changes in her life by coming to Sugar Creek to be a house keeper for
Sia McKye
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it

If you haven’t visited Sugar Creek you really should. Beth Ciotta writes a heartwarming story filled with realistic characters you’d love to meet.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Sugar Creek. It’s a small town, nestled in the Thrush mountains and filled with interesting people, charming shops and businesses—the type that look old-fashioned from the outside while offering all the modern conveniences inside.

It’s also the home of the longstanding Cupcake Lovers Club, a community organization that
Saly
This was a nice sweet romance but man it contained way too many POV. I would have rather it concentrated on the main h/H than find subplots with H's sis friend with benefits, her first, his grandmother and so much more.
Ami
I never read Beth Ciotta's stories before -- but for the past couple of months I have been on M/F contemporary romance mood, and this one appeared on my "Readers Also Enjoyed" GR page several time, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Well, I guess I have to add another small-town romance series on my list!!

After her fiancé dumped her for a Parisian tart right on what supposed to be her happiest day, being graduated from Culinary Arts Institute with honors, Chloe Madison decides to accept her best fri
Carolyn  Storer
Fool for Love is the first book in Beth Ciotta's Cupcake Lovers contemporary romance series. I started out thinking it would be a fluffy small town romance, but instead I got a really well written, insightful and sexy small town romance, with a lot more going on than just the blossoming passion between the main characters.

Chloe Madison has just been dumped by her boyfriend and she's feeling very sorry for herself, especially as he did it on what should have been one of the most happiest days of
Romancing the Book
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Reviewed by Valerie
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Beth Ciotta has hit a homerun with this book! I was hooked from the first chapter and retreated into the world of laughter and romance until I turned the last page! I absolutely love books that have small town characters and while this one does, it has so much more…

Chloe gets dumped by her fiancee right at the get-go. She is totally crushed and decides to accept her best friend’s suggestion
Diane ~Firefly~
The idea that the cupcake club is based on is pretty interesting - women baking for the troops and charity. I really liked this story and getting to know the people in the small Vermont town.

What I enjoyed:
* Daisy was a hoot. Although she took it a bit too far, you have to admire her attitude towards life.
* Devlin and Chloe made a good couple, they balanced each other well and both seemed willing to work to overcome their issues.
* The rest of the family. I like they had some real problems withou
Lacy
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sweet but steamy romance, small town, opposites attract
Recommended to Lacy by: adc
Fool for Love is a sweet, steamy, funny, and charming romance with well-developed characters who are easy to relate to and totally draw you into the novel.

Cupcakes are almost another character in this novel. All the talk about cupcakes will definitely inspire your sweet tooth and leave you longing for cupcakes. It also has recipes for cupcakes at the end.

Full review available in September/October Affaire de Coeur Magazine @ http://www.adcmagazine.com/
Jess
I would have liked this more if the hero secretly investigating the heroine to find out if she was a suitable companion for his grandmother hadn't been a major plot point. But I liked the world that was being set up a lot, so that aspect of it was good. And I'm very curious about the next book, which is better.
Audrey
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
"if you live life ruled by your fears, you're not really living" cute. chick-lit. fun characters. not sure if I will continue with the next book
Francy
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Da http://leggerefantastico.blogspot.com
Non vi avevo ancora parlato de La Ricetta Segreta dell' Amore perchè a dire la verità ne sono venuta a conoscenza quasi per caso. L' ho messo in lettura, incuriosita dalla storia d' amore espressa nella trama e cosa mi sono trovata alla fine? Un romance davvero scritto bene, emozionante e travolgente sotto molti punti di vista. In realtà la storia e molto semplice e gli elementi all' interno di questa potrebbero essere identificati nei soliti clichè delle
Lisa Filipe
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was my first romance by Beth Ciotta and it will certainly not be my last. Fool for Love has most of the things I enjoy most in my romances, a broken-hearted heroine, a over-bearing hero, a crazy cast of secondary characters and decedent desserts, how can you go wrong?

A broken-hearted, Chloe Madison comes to Sugar Creek after taking a companion/cook position with Daisy Monroe, a senior member of the Cupcake Lovers and Grandmother of Devlin Monroe, our strikingly handsome, over-bearing, bossy
Cocktails and Books
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

On the day Chloe Madison finds out she's graduated from Culinary School with honors, her live-in boyfriend dumps her for the "french tart" he's been seeing. Dejected and trying to find meaning to her life, she hops a plane to Sugar Creek, Vermont hoping her temporary job as a cook and companion will give her the boost that she needs. She never expected that the quirky town, a baking group and a micro-managing financial wizard were exactly what she needed.

I loved Chloe. She may have co
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fool for Love by Beth Ciotta

Sweet small town family oriented story rich with drama, romance, and friends that are always supportive. The first of a new contemporary romance series by Beth Ciotta.

Chloe Madison has tried a dozen different career paths but has passed culinary school with honors. When her long time boyfriend decides to move on without Chloe, she heads to Sugar Creek, Vermont for a job as a personal chef.
Devlin Monroe helps finance, manage and support several family business ventures
Jonel
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a scrumptious story! Ciotta had me hooked from the very beginning. Her well written, easy flow allows you to focus on the sometimes steamy, sometimes comical story at hand. I found myself not only attracted to the subject matter but also drawn into the lives and homes of Ciotta’s characters. She gradually develops her scenery until you can easily picture the lush hillsides of Vermont and taste the delicious cupcakes.

The characters are actually fantastic in this novel. The main characters ar
Filomena
Questo romanzo si è rivelato un'autentica sorpresa positiva. Non mi aspettavo che fosse così carino! Per carità non è niente di particolarmente originale, con tanti cliché. Ma quando i cliché vengono usati nel modo giusto proprio non mi dispiace. Gli ingredienti, per restare in argomento con il titolo, ci sono tutti e nella giusta dose: bellezza, amore, amicizia, famiglia, lavoro e denaro. Il tutto condito con ironia, sensualità e leggerezza, ma neanche troppa. Insomma il libro giusto per stacca ...more
Lorenza
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dopo pochi capitoli mi sembrava di essere a Sugar Creek ad annusare i fantastici profumi di cibo che si alzavano dalle parole stampate, circondata da questa variegata ridda di personaggi che mi riempivano di curiosità: fino alla fine non ho fatto che desiderare di essere nei panni di Chloe e, quando sono arrivata all’epilogo, ho abbandonato questo libro con rammarico, ma con un sorrisone esagerato sulle labbra.
Recensione completa qui: http://libridilo.blogspot.it/2013/06/...
Toglietemi tutto, ma non i miei libri
Tra le pagine di questo romanzo troverete non solo dolci godurie, ma anche l'amore di una famiglia unita, l'affetto di amici che non mancano mai nel momento del bisogno e la lussuria di un amore scoppiato all'improvviso.
Lasciarsi trasportare da questa lettura è veramente semplice, ti conquista con il suo cuore zuccherato al caramello e la sua anima ardente di passione.
Recensione: http://chelibroleggere.blogspot.it/20...
KatNic
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
this was a pretty good book! it flowed really nicely and i always was looking forward to reading it. my boyfriend even rates it a 3.5 which is surprising since hes a guy haha. he says they could make it a good movie
SPOILER:
cant wait to read the next one when she starts her cupcake place :) & my favorite character is definitely Daisy
Karen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

A good start to a fun series. Chloe is a sweetheart and Dev is the responsible, uptight brother of the family. Chloe is hired to be a companion to Grandmother Daisy who is a handful. It was as much a pleasure to read about the two woman's antics as it was to watch Dev finally yank the pole from his rump and learn to loosen up to enjoy his lady-love Chloe.
Colleen
Standard chicklit. I liked that the family was a big part of the story rather than just focusing on the would-be couple. And it talks about cupcakes a lot since the story pivots around the Cupcake Lovers Club. It was a cute twist.
Kathryn
I loved everything about this book. The setting was quaint and well described, the characters were developed and likeable (I wanted to join the Monroe family) and the story line was original. I also loved the cupcake angle. That enhanced the story.
Jo Reads Romance
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Sugar, Spice and All Things Nice
5 stars

This is the first book I’ve read by Beth Ciotta but it will definitely be the first of many. From the very first page I just fell in love with the story and the characters.

Chloe is in Sugar Creek to get over an ex and get her life back on track. While she’s a tad flighty and artistic - her huge heart and wonderful personality made me love her instantly and want the best for her.

And then there was Devlin. I’m pretty sure Ms Ciotta went right into my brain
Stephanie
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Gilmore Girls/Hart of Dixie fans
This is the very first book that I've read from this author, and it started off really great.

Just a little background on me: I've recently gotten really obsessed with TV shows set in small quirky little towns like Stars Hollow (Gilmore Girls), and Blue Bell (Hart of Dixie). After reading the synopsis for this book, I was thrilled to have finally found something set in a town resembling the ones that I've just mentioned, and it didn't really disappoint on that front. Sugar Creek seems just like B
Selene
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Non mi ha emozionata particolarmente. Ho preferito altri libri di questo genere ma per lo meno qui la protagonista non è superficiale o perfettina, quindi si legge abbastanza bene.
Devo ammettere che mi ha colpito molto di piú il personaggio di Rocky e, anche se lo stile dell’autrice non mi convince troppo, penso che proverò a leggere anche il secondo.
Lettura veloce e leggera comunque.
Certo, però, che molte cose rimangono incompiute. Immagino verranno spiegate nei prossimi volumi.
Charlie McKenzie
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly written story, with twists and turns that will leave you on the edge of your seat and unable to put the book down even for a minute.
The chemistry between Devlin and Chloe is so wonderfully written, from their very first moment.
I loved this book, and would highly recommend reading it.
Taissa Costa
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved it! And I wish stories like this happened in real life...
Lucia  The Loyal Book
Originally posted here (Scroll down for English): http://theloyalbook.blogspot.it/2013/...

La ricetta segreta della felicità è il classico libro che scalda il cuore delle più romantiche… e delle più golose! Però state tranquille, la vostra linea non correrà alcun rischio nel leggere le avventure amorose e lavorative Chloe Madison, bellissima trentenne appena diplomatasi alla scuola di cucina dopo una serie infinita di lavori più disparati. Chloe è stata anche mollata dal fidanzato molto più grand
Roberta
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dopo esser stata lasciata dal fidanzato Chloe decide di lasciare New York e raggiungere la sua migliore amica a Sugar Creek, sperduto paesino nel Vermont, per diventare la cuoca e l'accompagnatrice di Daisy, una simpatica vecchietta tutto pepe!
Fin dal primo giorno a Sugar Creek per Chloe tutto diviene un'avventura e piano piano ritrova se stessa e il suo cuore tornerà a battere forte per qualcuno...

Ultimamente ho ripreso in mano alcuni romanzi pubblicati qualche anno fa e tra questi c'era anche
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • Risky (Torn Between Two Lovers #2)
  • Scrumptious (Sexy Chefs, #1)
  • Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)
  • Slow Heat (The Bounty Hunters, #5)
  • The Vampire Hunter (In the Company of Vampires #2)
  • All I Want is You
  • A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)
  • Melt Into You
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Kiss the Girl
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • Command Performance
  • The Recipe Box
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more

Cupcake Lovers (4 books)
  • The Trouble with Love (Cupcake Lovers, #2)
  • Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
“If you live life ruled by your fears, you're not really living.” 4 likes
“I had a vibrator once. Had two speeds. Oh, My and Oh, God. Big Al, I called it. Seemed more subtle than big Dick.” 0 likes