Start by marking “On My Way to the Bath” as Want to Read:
On My Way to the Bath

On My Way to the Bath

Baths are boring. Everything is more fun than baths. But when Livi's mother hollers "Bathtime!"-a call readers and their parents are all familiar with-her imagination takes her on a journey full of daring obstacles and exciting events. She must battle a snake, rule the world, and escape quicksand, all while her mother waits with the bubbles ready. With delay tactics as cre ...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Walker & Company (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about On My Way to the Bath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On My Way to the Bath

Krista Mcdowell
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute book about a little girl and her adventures to the bathroom. As I was reading this book, I was reminded of my adventures in babysitting when I have to give the little one's a bath. I feel that we sometimes go through the same things that this Livi went through! Like going through the Jungle or being a lion. It was very entertaining and I would recommend this book to children who maybe dislike bath time because it shows that bath time can be a lot of fun. It is a new twist on bath ...more
Scottsdale Public Library
A delightfully told and drawn story of the epic adventures imagined on the way to the day's most boring time.

-Monty K.-
Crystal
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love the illustrations that show her morphed into the creature she is pretending to be. Love the fun.
Lupine
Is this why my child takes so long to do things? Cute, funny and will resonate with parents.
Linda Atkinson
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This one is really fun! Storytime themes: bath, adventure, pretending/make believe/imagination
Davina
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book about a girl who gets caught up with her imagination when called for her bathtime. :)
Steve
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. Great reading for any parent with young children.
Highly recommend. excellent artwork. a definite yes!
Jennifer Miera
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The little girl does just about everything you can think of to avoid taking her bath...very imaginative and funny.
Jocelyn Hee
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Really enjoyed this fun book! The pacing of Livi moving to the right and mum yelling on the right hand side in speech bubbles just automatically makes you want to keep turning the page. Love the illustrations by Michael Paraskevas and what a wonderful, imaginative, endearing and cheerful character Livi is! Makes me want to meet her!
Karen
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't read this book and not chuckle. I love the way this book describes the ideas of the little girl being called by her growingly impatient mother to get to the bath. Imagination is a wonderful thing!
Danielle Mootz
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Grrr. This book reminded me of my kids and the million things they need to do on their way to the bath.
Amy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: _rylee
Loved the imagination of the child. Hated the "yelling" of the mother
Windy Kahler
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-bookshelf
These are a favorite in our house. Fun, quirky, and adorable rhyming books.
Luke
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mom found this book at the library. I love reading it over and over again. I was happy when Mom found our own copy of it. Now I get to read it whenever I want!
Miss Sarah
Livi doesn't want to take a bath so she stalls on her way from the living room to the bathroom having multiple adventures along the way. Meanwhile her mother is calling and getting impatient waiting for her. Cute. Preschool or one on one.
Andi Martineau
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Bath time!! Livi's mother says it's time for her to take a bath. Do you think Livi wants to take a bath right now? No! Livi procrastinates while walking to the bathroom. She is many different things on her way. For a while she is a snake, a gymnast, in a band, built herself and a cat out of blocks, and everything else but getting ready for her bath. Once Livi frustrates her mother enough and actually gets into her bath she has such a good time that she doesn't want to get out. Now Livi's mother ...more
Beth Starcher
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I think I loved this book because I Know so many younger kids that act this way. The book was about a girl and her mother wanted her to take a bath, but instead she has other things in mind. When she finally decides to take a bath she pretends to be going through different stages or ideas as she goes to the bathroom to take a bath. Some of them was passing her sisters room, her guinea pigs, she march's like she is playing in the band, she passes through a jungle and many more ...more
Aleece
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Livi's mom calls for her to come to the bathroom to take a bath but Livi says baths are boring and everything is more fun than baths. So on her way to the bath she has tons of adventures and lots of fun. Livi becomes a snake, then a gymnast, and a rock star. Her mom keeps calling her to the bath until Livi's adventures finally take her to the bathtub.

I like the creativity that Livi shows and the illustrations compliment her free adventuresome spirit. I love Livi's imagination and kids and paren
The Library Lady
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This loses a star because the prose is stilted by lack of contractions--makes it sound "Charlie and Lola"-ish. That works in those books but not here. It's a pity, because there is some nice word use and the art here is great. Michael Paraskevas created the fabulous early NickJr cartoon "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast", and it serves the story well here as Livi terrifies her baby brother as a "snake",slinks through the jungle, pounces as a cat and more. Enjoyable, but it could have been really g ...more
Kristi
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Livi doesn`t want to take a bath. Baths are boring! Everything is more fun than a bath. So, on her way to the bath, she`s a snake! Or a gymnast doing a perfect split! Or a rock star putting on a show! Or a supervillian trying to take over the world! She is everything and everywhere but she’s NOT in the bath, much to her mother`s exasperation. Of course, once she is, eventually, in the bath, will she want to get out again? Most parents know the answer to this question. This fun and imaginative bo ...more
Maria Burel
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Livi does not want to take a bath. Baths are boring. What is more exciting? Being a slithering snake and scaring your brother. Or playing the tuba in a marching band. Or creeping like a jungle cat upon your unsuspecting mother... Livi's wild imagination takes all sorts of twists and turns on her journey to the dreaded bath. And once in the bath, Livi finds that maybe she has just a little more imagining to do.
Shelli
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Livi does not like to take baths; preferring to do ANYTHING else instead. As her mother fills her bath, calling all the while for Livi to get in the bathroom, Livi gets distracted along the way to that dreaded, boring, nightly bath.

This book made my daughter and I laugh due to the similarity of our own quarrels about bath time here at home. Why she fights me so I will never know, once she is in there there is no getting her out.
June
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: bathtime requests
A hit in story time and a parent checked it out after.

The protagonist, finds bathes boring and precedes to have several adventures on the way to her bath; but once in the bath... 6/5/13

Another hit at PJ Story Time, from preschoolers to grandmas. 6/30/14

The story time crowd seemed mesmerized by this. (It is also one story were my singing off key may enhance the story.) 7/14/15

Used again and went over fairly well. 6/21/16

Chosen and read as last book in Read-in
Mary
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's bathtime for Livi, but as she declares from the outset, "Everything is more fun than baths." She proves this by imagining all kinds of fun scenarios on her way to the bathtub. She becomes a snake, a gymnast, a rock star and more. Once she's in the bathtub though, she changes her tune and finds that taking a bath can be fun too. The ending leaves an opening for kids to guess where Livi's imagination might take her in the bathtub.
Alice
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a kid I loved taking a bath. In fact I would make up excuses to take a bath. Anyways, Livi is not interested in a bath and uses her imagination to stall going to the bath. She pretends she is a snake, stops by her sister room etc etc. Then when she gets to the bath, she stays and stays and stays having a good old time.... kids what are you gonna do with them!?!
Joan
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: June Krell
Danica Midlil
There are guinea pigs! :)
Cute imaginative little girl. Reminds me a lot of Just Go to Bed! Just Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer
Great Books
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: birth-4
When Livi’s mother hollers that it’s time for bath, Livi takes an imaginary journey full of all sorts of adventure such as battling a snake and becoming a rock star in efforts to stall “boring” bath time. The escalating back-and-forth between Livi and her mother makes for a lively read-aloud.
Reviewer 8
Barbara
It's time for Olivia's bath. As mom calls for her repeatedly, Olivia imagines she is a snake, slithering on the floor; a sculptor building a statue; a gymnast cartwheeling for the crowd, and a tiger, sneaking up on her prey. Finally, she's in the bath. What will happen when it's time for bed? Colorful, action-filled illustrations. Good for pj storytime. Recommended for preschool storytime.
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
So cute! Great for imaginations. Livi does not want to get in the bath so she imagines all the things she can be on her way there. And once she's in the bath she doesn't want to get out. Isn't that just the way kids are??
« previous 1 3 next »

• Squid and Octopus Friends for Always
  • Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story
  • Big Mean Mike
  • Kel Gilligan's Daredevil Stunt Show
Sarah Maizes is a published author, freelance writer, comedian, and founder of MommyLITEonline.com, a parenting humor website.

She is a regular contributor to TODAYMoms.com, HuffingtonPost.com, and CBS/LosAngeles.com’s “Best of LA.” and her work has been featured in Los Angeles Magazine, on Today.com, MSNBC.com, DailyCandyKids.com and , and Eonline.com's "Fashion Police."

She has also written for M