Start by marking “Secret Admirer” as Want to Read:
Secret Admirer

Secret Admirer (A Year Down Under #5)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  379 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Grace under pressure

Running into a potential business partner late at night in a broken elevator - when one was wearing a glamorous fur with nothing on underneath - was awkward, but Grace Blair was cool enough to handle a hot situation.

Her poised, controlled demeanor belied the insecurity she felt taking over her late husband's business empire, but Scott Gregory was able w
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1554, 190 pages
Published May 1st 1993 by Harlequin (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Admirer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Admirer

Jill
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Feminista

Though some of my friends have loved this with a 5-star love, I didn't quite get the same love-vibe. I can see and understand why this story affected them. There was a lovely and unexpected twist, which I enjoyed. (For those considering reading this book, don't read the reviews first as some give away this surprise. Grrr!)

This Harley was written twenty-one years ago and though it mostly holds up pretty well, it still feels dated. The twist was really what made this for me. At first I felt it j
Feminista
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 10 out of 5...

:O

Many know that I am not a big fan of the older harlequin romances. I find titles like The Tycoon's Baby Mother or The Millionaire's Mistress a huge turn off, let alone their plot lines which make my feminist ideals sizzle in anger.

This book caught me completely off-guard.

I was casually scrolling through my iPhone's Goodread app where there is an Explore button. Having pressed that, I came upon a list called virgin heroes.

Yes, I know, most of you who know me are probably r
boogenhagen
Vintage
I am beginning to have a great fondness for Susan Napier.

Despite the old school me-man, you-woman interaction, she created a nice surprise with this story. Well worth a few hours of time.

Old reviewers, please go back and put spoiler alerts in.
bookjunkie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, fun, and actually unique! I can honestly say I've never read an HP with this particular twist ((view spoiler)), and I quite enjoyed it! Scott was such a yummy Hero, watching Alphas lose control is just the best thing ever, we can all agree on that eh? It was fun watching Grace spin him around!

Fans of harsh, cruel Alphas may not be as enamored as I was- Scott was bulldozey sure, but he always treated Grace like a quee
Aoi
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Where has this book been all this time!!?

I was a bit leery reading something from so far back, given the trend of cloyingly dominating men and rape-y romances, but this is as far from the convention as you get.

Our heroine, Grace boards an elevator in a fur coat and nothing else underneath it. Unfortunately, the lift breaks down and it gets warm and suffocating.. Just as she's feeling a bit faint, a handsome stranger tries to help her out...

The hero was pretty much the typical-90s alpha and domi
Dianna
Review Secret Admirer by Susan Napier

Ex-model and recent widow Grace gets stuck in a lift with Scott and Scott's old lady date. Grace is wearing a long mink coat and Scott's lady is making comments about fur and Grace wishes that she would just shut up. She's really feeling very warm wrapped in the coat, and it's not hers, and she doesn't care about animal skins at the moment, she's got bigger problems.

And Scott's about to find out what one of those bigger problems is. He gets insistent that Gra
MBR
With my second book by the author, Susan Napier has landed in my list of favorite Harlequin romance authors. Even with the 2 books that I have read, I have come to identify with the fact that her books have those elements that continually surprises the reader, which is no mean feat when someone like myself who has read and loved 1000′s of romances can pick up a novel and be drawn into the story because of the opening chapter itself.

Secret Admirer kick starts with seven month widower Grace Blair
RLA
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Grace is struggling to cope after her husband's death with both her loneliness and the demands of the business he left her in charge of. This is made worse when she meets with a potential business rival, who turns out to be the man she met a little while back when stuck in a lift in a rather embarrassing situation. The hero Scott hasn't forgotten Grace since the incident in the lift and pursues both her and a business relationship. Grace is nervous and rather intimidated by Scott's r ...more
  • Waking Up
  • The Best Man
  • House of Glass
  • Night of the Phantom
  • Hot Shot
  • Captive Loving
  • Going the Distance
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Silence Speaks for Love
  • Dare Me
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • More Than One Night
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • Best Man to Wed?
  • Breaking The Rules
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Icebound
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...

A Year Down Under (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Heart of the Outback
  • No Gentle Seduction
  • The Golden Mask (A Year Down Under, #3)
  • Dangerous Lover
  • Outback Man
  • No Risks, No Prizes ( A Year Down Under) (Harlequin Presents, No 1570)
  • The Stone Princess (Year Down Under, #8)
  • And Then Came Morning
  • Winter of Dreams
  • Such Dark Magic

“She wasn’t aware of the rip he made in the back of her dress when his shaking hands wrenched the zip down, only of the molten sensuality of his gaze as he steered her into a shaft of light near the window and studied her breasts, nestled in their cups of pure white lace.
’Sweet…pretty…did you wear this for me?’ he asked thickly, roughly tracing the outline of the lace across the curving swells. ‘Did you want me to take off your dress tonight, Grace? To admire you like this?’
’I…’ His arousal was so flatteringly intense that she couldn’t deny him the truth. ‘Yes…’ She closed her eyes, gasping as she felt the stroke of his thumbs across the seams, finding the rigid tips that were evidence of her own desire.”
4 likes
“She felt shy, like a precious gift being gloatingly unwrapped, but she didn’t resent his moment of purely masculine triumph. The glory of the moment was also hers, this beautiful man hers. He was giving himself to her and asking nothing but what she was willing to give in return.” 3 likes