Start by marking “Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)” as Want to Read:
Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)

Succubus on Top

(Georgina Kincaid #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  29,078 ratings  ·  1,310 reviews
Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses Seth Mortensen, the shy, sexy writer she's been dating, she'll drain his life force. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks of a succubus are terrific, but it's completely unfair that a she-demon whose purpose is seduction can't get down with the one mortal who accepts her f ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Succubus on Top, please sign up.
Betty I have found the series to get better as it progresses. More development is apparent. I also wasn't crazy about the first, but it did get better.

·  29,078 ratings  ·  1,310 reviews

Start your review of Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
~Poppy~
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I wish you could choose who you love," he said bitterly. "Because I wouldn't choose you, you know. But, here we are. I can't stop thinking about you. I feel like there's some pull to you I can't fight."
Penny
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loooove this series.

This is one of my favorite UF series, ever. Admittedly, the first book is the weakest of them all, while book 4 is my favorite. The plot, characters and romance get better and better with each installment.
The love story has an incredible arc and it is absolutely beautiful. You'll need to go all the way to book 6 to find out how it ends, and it is utterly worth it.

Georgina Kincaid is a great strong female character with all her faults. Her insecurities and weaknesses make
Ash Wednesday
01.24.14 The Buddy re-Read continues! Woohoo!

Georgina Kincaid can:

A. Eat endangered baby seals for breakfast
B. Cripple Benedict Cumberbatch ending Sherlock Mid-season
C. Kidnap Susan Ee to keep her from finishing Angelfall
D. Hoard every gram of coffee in the world
E. All of the above

AND I'D STILL LOVE HER.

---------------------------

4 STARS
"You had your heart broken much?"
He paused. "Of course. Everyone does. Part of life."
"Tell me her name. I'll kick her ass. I don't want anyone hurting you."

H
Tatiana
Apr 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Although I am a little bit disappointed in Georgina (I'll elaborate later), this book still deserves 4 stars.

In the second book of the series Georgina continues her adventures. Her close friend and fellow incubus Bastien is visiting and needs her help in seducing a conservative figure; Doug is involved with some strange people and acts unlike himself; finally, Georgina now has a mortal boyfriend with whom she can't be intimate.

Once again, Richelle Mead delivers engaging and entertaining story,
Pamela
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans
Wow. I really liked the first book in this series, Succubus Blues, but I didn't expect this one to exceed the first. Succubus On Top is great. It's funny, it's sexy, it's a good mystery, the characters are very likable... I can't praise this book enough.

We first met Georgina Kincaid, a succubus living in Seattle, in Succubus Blues. Aside from being a temptress employed by Hell, Georgie is an assistant manager at a local bookstore. In this book, she meets up with a very old friend, an incubus sh
Sue
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Marga

I took down half of my drink in one gulp. “Sometimes I look around, and I can’t believe this is my life.”

OKAY. That was really weird. It was an entertaining book but I don't know. It lacked something to make my heart race. I mean we're dealing with something dark here. The evil forces are not very... well scary for me.

Georgina's relationship with Seth is really unrealistic. I mean, yeah I know, SETH is freaking perfect and he wasn't doormat but I still can't believe he can forgive THAT eas
Briar's Reviews
Succubus Blues (the first book in this miraculous series) was one of my top books for 2019. Ever since I was in high school, Richelle Mead was one of my faves. Vampire Academy, Gameboard of the Gods and the Storm Born series ranked high on my list! It seemed only natural to finally pick this seires up.

Georgina Kincaid is a succubus with a mortal, author boyfriend named Seth (she is his ultimate fangirl, by the way). After the contents of the last novel, she learns that they cannot touch or get i
Deborah Obida
It gets better, I won’t bother writing a lengthy review about this. Wow I love this book, Richelle Mead keep giving me more reasons to love her.

The writing is amazing and the plot is just great. The characters are one of a kind, Bastein the newest character is one hot iccubus. The romance did not overshadow the paranormal and vice versa, the plot was portrayed beautifully. I love that Georgina works in a bookstore and is crazy about books, makes her character so relatable.

Spoiler alert
The only
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I LOVE RICHELLE MEAD!!!

Mead is one of my favourite authors. I absolutely love her voice. Whether she writes YA or UF, she’s able to capture me entirely until I flip that last page. It’s amazing how quickly I can devour one of her novels, and it’s almost unfair since she spends so much time writing them!

Succubus on Top is the second book in the Georgina Kincaid series and I loved it! Seth and Georgie are in a stable relationship, one where they go on romantic dates, spend time with Seth’s family
Anna
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: folklore, romantic
Problems problems problems....

Georgina, even though she is in love, after a long while, is not able to have sex with her boyfriend, the nerd writer Seth. On the other hand, Seth should feel comfortable with the fact that his girlfriend will have sex with other men, so that she stays alive, but not with him....

As all these were not enough, Georgina's best friend - a male succubus - arrives and asks for her help...

Well written and enjoyable, an original Richelle Mead story!
Kim
Leah
Jan 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Kim  *Mo Chridhe*
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

I won't lie. The beginning of the book brought back memories of a certain movie...

But let's not make this all about Georgie and Seth. Doug's been acting weird lately and Georgie's old friend, Bastien, is in town for a special mission requiring her assistance.

Ugh. Who am I kidding. I don't want to talk about Doug and Bastien. I caught on to their problems way before Georgie figured it out. What I really, really want to talk about is my problem with how the whole thing with (view spoile
Denisa
3.5, closer to 4 though.

I liked this book more than I thought I would. The female main character, Kincaid, is still pretty awesome.
The story was maybe a bit boring at one point, but it picked back up after a while, so it was ok.
The guy isn't what I expected though. I haven't decided if I like him or not. He's certainly something else though.
All in all, if you liked the first book, then you'll like this one as well. If not, well... nothing really changes, so not really worth trying for more :P
Hildy
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the storyline more in this book than the last. I wanted to throttle Georgina but it still made for a good read.
Christy LoveOfBooks

Two down, four books to go.

Ah, Georgina, I’m loving you more and more. I’m so glad I get to listen to each installment whenever I want, instead of having to wait a long time between release dates. After listening to Succubus on Top, it’s safe to say I’m completely, 100% hooked!

There’s so much that goes on in Succubus on Top, but Mead does a fantastic job weaving it all together. Seriously, Georgina is one busy lady! Even though there’s a lot of different threads, it’s all tight and pulls togethe
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Actual Rating: 3.8 Stars

Succubus on Top is not engaging as Succubus Blues but still theres the occasional moment of brilliance, funny dialogue, agonizing sexual tension between Georgina and Seth (Sobs, I literally cried again) & interesting mythology references. I wholly appreciate that in the past two books Richelle Mead emphasized a massive and healthy views about sexuality, feminism and a bunch of important talks.
Sana Zameer
Dnfed. Nearly halfway through I realised I don't care much about this series.
Yvenande
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Actually 4.5 Stars for the awesomeness that is Seth Mortensen

This is the second book in the Georgina Kincaid series. Georgina is a succubus, which by definition means she has to have sex to survive, who is in love with a mortal. Unfortunately, their relationship has to be a chaste one because if Georgina makes love with him, she will suck the life out of him until he's dead. This is the premise for what is one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever read; why, because they can't have se
D.G.
Spoilers and cursing below. Read at your own risk.

I didn't like Georgina in the first book but I liked Seth well enough that I wanted to give it another try. In a sense, I'm glad I did because now I definitely know Georgina is not the kind of heroine I'd ever get behind. To paraphrase Dickens, these pages didn't show Georgina as the hero of her own life, in fact, they showed her as the villain.

You see, Georgina is how imagine people like Bernie Maddoff must be like. Not the kind that makes one b
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-read with Ash Wednesday, Bailey and Tandie:

This is a series that deserves a re-read. Wow the extra stuff I picked up the second time through. Let's just say that while I really was sure where the story line was going I definitely missed some of the biggest hints the first time through.

Seth is still my favorite Beta book boyfriend, Georgina could do almost anything, including but not limited to stealing my husband, and I'd still love her, Bastien can rot in hell or Omaha, Carter is my bright s
☕️Kimberly
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is quirky and riddled with humor as our beloved succubus Georgina Kincaid attempts to have a relationship with author Seth, fulfill her duties as a succubus and handle her day job at a local bookstore in downtown Seattle.

In Succubus on Top, Georgina becomes concerned when her co-worker Doug’s behavior changes and thinks there may be something supernatural at work. Bastien, her best friend and alluring incubus needs her help corrupting a conservative talk show host and her relationshi
Steven Peterson
May 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that I am reviewing this book. I am an academic political scientist. But I find Richelle Mead's books in the Georgina Kincaid series irresistible. I read the first in the series because a couple Amazon Friends whose reviews I respect a great deal spoke well of that book. I read and enjoyed--and against all odds--reviewed that work. And when I discovered that a second book had been published, I found myself eager to read it. And, in some ways, I think that this is even better than ...more
F.R.
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Bawdy, sexy, over the top, flirty and provoking: the Georgia Kinkaid novels may share a lot of the same DNA as the Harry Dresden’s and Peter Grant’s – a supernaturally inclined hero tackles occult based mysteries in a city they know so well – but the tone of it is so incredibly different, it’s pretty much the ‘Carry On’ version.

The key difference though is that whereas your Harry Dresdens and your Peter Grants use the detective story as the template, this all comes from soap opera. There’s a boo
Lady Heather
excellent!..love Georgina!
Favorite scene:
The Set Up: Bastien is trying to capture on film the seduction of a fanatical religious group leader named Dana. He is living next door to Dana. Bastien and Georgina decide to do a little 'covert op' by turning invisible, and breaking into her home to see if they can find any evidence they can use against her. While in Dana's home, her teenage son Reese returns home with some friends to smoke some pot. The boys go outside to smoke, and Bastien steals the
Leea
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Leea by: Stacia (the 2010 club)
Richelle Mead has built a whole new world with her Georgina Kincaid Series and I've fallen in love with the simple complexities of it. You know when you read a series and the author spends a lot of the time recapping what happened from the previous books... somehow Mead has found a way to incorporate past information into the present without the reader getting board. I read this book in a day and could not put it down, that's not easy to do with 2 small children.

I find Georgina's character to b
Kat Kennedy
Apr 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Succubus on Top is a solid, positive continuation of the Georgina Kincaid series.

It continues the adventures of Georgina Kincaid and her immortal demon world. Old friends are back for this second installment. The plot was better executed in this version.

The character of Georgina continues to break the stereotypical puritanical mold that most romantic fiction adheres to and yet remain likable.

As always, the writing is witty, interesting and well crafted.
Sue Shepherd
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: richelle-mead
I really love this series. Georgina's adventures are always exciting and often laugh out loud funny.
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) by: Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)

Georgina Kincaid series Reading Order

"I'm a succubus. My entire existence relies on making people - men in particular - believe and see what they want in me. I can switch from simpering virgin to sultry dominatrix in a heartbeat. All it takes is a bit of shape-shifting and a dash of playacting."

Succubus on Top was a phenomenal follow-up up to Succubus Blues. I am so in love with the Georgina Kincaid series and I'm only two books into the series. The characters and the storyline are pheno
Vampires, Weres a...: Buddy Read: Succubus on Top 75 20 Feb 14, 2019 02:22PM
Alternative Health Home Remedies 1 8 Oct 22, 2014 09:42AM

• Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • To Hell and Back (Dante Valentine, #5)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Beginnings (Otherworld Stories, #0.08)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Saint City Sinners (Dante Valentine, #4)
  • Mercenary (Blood Trails #5)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Jill Kismet: The Complete Series
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Weddings from Hell

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)