Start by marking “Redemption (The Seven Signs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (The Seven Signs, #2)

Redemption

(The Seven Signs #2)

Japheth the Tainted is on the hunt for a mysterious demon vampire. But meeting her face-to-face might disarm his warrior spirit—and spark an unquenchable passion with apocalyptic consequences.

As a fallen angel, Japheth is determined to make his way back to heaven by staying pure and slaying hellspawn. With a new scourge of vampires unleashed by a blood-drinking demon, the
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Start your review of Redemption (The Seven Signs, #2)
Melliane
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I enjoyed the first volume, which was a nice surprise and I was curious to discover the second. I must say that it features this time Japheth, the character that intrigued me so much at the beginning. So I was really happy to be able to learn more about him.

Our dear angel dreams only of one thing, to be forgiven and return to heaven. He wants redemption. Since he is tainted, his ultimate goal is to remain distant from all possible sins. And this is it un
Rae Ryans
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to read the first book. I literally spent all day reading this, and I'm in love with the writing, story, and hold nothing back approach. The action, the suspense, and the sexual tension (and release) were executed perfectly.

I did stumble through the first few chapters though, I didn't have the chance to read the first book. This is more my fault, but I wouldn't recommend reading it out of sequence. I'm still new to the angels vs demons in a literary sense,
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
I read and reviewed book one, Revelation, a while back. And was really looking forward to this one. But for some reason I was having a hard time getting into it. Maybe it was because I am out of my angel kick. I don’t know.

BUT, I am glad I stuck it out. Rose and Japeth are both such tortured souls you can’t believe there is any way either of them can find love, let alone the redemption they are both seeking. Do they find either? I’m not telling :-) .

I also really enjoyed getting to know some of
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review:

I don’t read many paranormal romances, and I’m not sure why. I enjoy them on the odd occasion when I do pick them up, and Redemption was no exception. This is the second book in Erica Hayes’ The Seven Signs series, and I didn’t have much trouble figuring out what was going on, even though I haven’t read the first book, Revelation (which has a zombie virus, so I will be reading it, hopefully soon!). The series features the war between angels and demons and the prophesied end of the world.
Maria
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review:

Redemption, the second book in The Seven Signs series by Erica Hayes, picks up the tale of the "Tainted" host shortly after the events that took place in Revelation. Continuing her extensive world building, Ms. Hayes gives us two somewhat doomed would be lovers, whose path to peace is fraught with guilt, blood and violence. While I'm not sure I'd call them likable characters, they do no
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Japheth is a tainted angel who was casted out of heaven to watch over and protect the humans and to slay the demons. Ever since he was cast out of heaven Japheth has been doing whatever it takes to earn his way back into heaven again. He has tried to follow all the rules and go on all of his assigned mission to find and kill demons.

The archangel Michael has made Jap
Jody
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Erica Hayes' Redemption we jump right back into the chaos of the upcoming Apocalypse as the sexy Tainted Angels return to find another of the keys to the end of the world while fighting demons here on Earth as well as those inner demons weighing on their souls. And no Tainted Angel seems to have more weighing on him than Japheth, who's kept his emotions locked inside since being cast out. His inner torment made me ache for him and I longed for him to find someone to ease his pain. He allows n ...more
Tessa Onabigon
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
Shelves: read-reviewed
Won from a Goodreads Giveaway.

This is my second foray into the work of Erica Hayes and I have to say that this book has pretty much solidified my status as a new fan...

The second book in The Seven Signs Series focuses on Japheth, the most "frosty-assed-son-of-a-bitch you'll ever meet. But like every good story out there, there's a reason behind his closed off indifference.

You see, unlike the rest of his fallen angel comrades of the Tainted Host, he's the one who craves redemption the most. So
Diayll
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 out of 5 Tantalizing Controllers
Review Source: Blog Tour
Reviewer: Heather

Vampires, Demons, Angels, oh my stars. I don’t even know where to begin…

Redemption, The Seven Signs is book #2, and I’m all but salivating to read the first after this steamy, bloody, tantalizing story. I’ll forewarn though, it has a lot of yummy, erotically written sexual scenes (and sexual suggestion) that hold nothing back, tossing you head first (no pun intended) in
The Last
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Maghon Thomas
I will stand by my statement that these angels scare the crap outta me! However, they are oh so bad which is oh so good! LOL Things pick right back up in the second book from where one finished, and things are getting all crazy. And way to add a sort of Romeo and Juliet type theme to this as well. Literal enemies supposed to kill each other falling in love. It’s a blast!!

Japheth is the one in the hot seat this time. He is an angel, who is stuck on earth, and he’s literally taken a whole new ligh
A.R. Von
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read plenty of paranormal stories with vampires, shifters, witches, angels, but never one like this. It’s very exciting, magical and has an excellent build between the two main characters. A worthwhile read to escape with for any fans of the genre.

Rose is an amazing, woman. She’s strong, brave, beautiful and different for one of her kind. Sadly she finds herself in a place she does not want to be, nor does she belong. But she has no choice but to play the role and obey her master until she
S.M. Blooding
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVE it when I get to read book 1 and then immediately read book 2. I have to say that since I started this blog, I’ve fallen behind on a lot of my favorite series because there’s just not enough time in the day!

Revelation was a great, fast-paced read. Redemption was as well!

This time, we got to follow Japheth (whose name I had the hardest time remembering. I blame the stress of the move) and Rose. I thought that both characters were quite strongly written, and were very strong characters. It
Franjessca
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

"Redemption" picks up from where "Revelation" left off and Erica Hayes gives us two characters who are disgraced due to what they did in their pasts and keep doing in their present.
I definitely look forward to the next book even more. I must find out what happens next. =)
I give this book 4 full moons and highly recommend it to urban fantasy and paranormal readers out there.
"Redemption" is full of action, sexual tension, and darkness that will keep you turni
Bec McMaster
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for the book... and ten stars for that ending. Holy heck! Did I not see THAT coming! I NEED Jadzia's book like now.

As for Japheth and Rose, what a beautiful, tragic, desperate love story. It's brutal and graphic and beautifully written - everything that I love about Hayes's writing. Probably not for the faint of heart, as there is plenty of gore and full on erotically charged scenes, but that stuff is right up my alley so I loved it.

A dark, post-apocalyptic world with angels and dem
Libby
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I won this book as in a first reads drawing on goodreads.com. As soon as I learned I had won I went and purchased the first book and was hooked. This book was better than the first! It was action packed and full of surprises. My only complaint was I wish the hero and heroine would have hooked up sooner. At times I just wanted to shout, "Oh, just sleep together already! You both want to so stop feeling sorry for yourself and do it!" ...more
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.
Amy
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Am I the only person finding all of the sparkling and glittering going on these books to make the entire thing a total farce?! Don't think that I will be continuing with the series, just isn't happening for me. ...more
Nicole
3 1/2 stars for the ending, though I did suspect it (view spoiler) ...more
Kelly
Mar 03, 2013 marked it as um-yeah
Won Redemption from Goodreads First Reads. Did not get the book yet, but when I do, I will get to reading it soon. (:
Bethwyn Badger
Nov 13, 2013 marked it as aurealis-2013
Aurealis Awards 2013 nomination.
Danielle
Apr 09, 2013
H2h1z
Oct 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Erica Hayes was a law student, an air force officer, an editorial assistant and a musician, before finally landing her dream job: fantasy writer. She writes dark paranormal romance, urban fantasy and romantic science fiction, and her books feature tough, smart heroines and colorful heroes with dark secrets.

She hails from Australia, where she drifts from city to city, leaving a trail of chaos behin

The Seven Signs (2 books)
  • Revelation (The Seven Signs, #1)