Start by marking “Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #3)

Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  819 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Quite naturally, Bubba’s got another problem. The woman he likes, a lot, is missing. Folks ‘round Pegramville don’t have an inkling whether Bubba done did anything this time. In fact, Bubba doesn’t know what to think, but he is plumb dedicated on finding Willodean Gray, through fair means or foul. It will take a trip to the big city of Dallas, a run-in with an unstable sup ...more
Published (first published December 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bubba and the Missing Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bubba and the Missing Woman

Nina
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Nina by: CL Bevill
So Bubba has gotten himself into yet another adventure!!!! Poor Bubba. How many times can that poor man get himself arrested???? Can Precious be any more precious??? Can I laugh any harder?? Absolutely love the book. CL Bevill is an excellent author and I can't wait for another installment of Bubba.
Susan Ferguson
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just when Bubba is getting to know Deputy Willodean, she disappears. They find her car wrecked and she is missing. A tow truck is reported stolen and Bubba and Sheriff John suspect that is what was used to cause the wreck. The Sheriff tells him that Willodean had a stalker - the reason she left the Dallas police department. The man has been sending her letters. The Sheriff also calls her family and they arrive at her apartment. And are there when Bubba goes to get a piece of clothing for the tra ...more
Denise Eggleston
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the third Bubba Snoddy book and is as enjoyable as the first two. Someone near to him is kidnapped and Bubba is not content to just let the police handle it. Instead he runs his own investigation landing him, again, in jail not just once but twice (sort of). We meet old characters and new ones. As a Basset hound lover myself, I wish the author would give Bubba's Basset, Precious, more "face time," but you gotta love any book that features one of these floppy-eared hound dogs.

I've loved
Alice Teets
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really like these books. Yes, I guessed who the "bad guy" was way before it was told in the story, but I didn't care. I like the process, I LOVE the characters, and I like the writing. I'd recommend it for a quick, fun read!
Nadine
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pat Turner
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Took me a while to finish, not because of any flaws in the book, but because I have had a busy couple of weeks.

I love Bubba. I think he must be a cousin or something. Pegram County sounds just like the area of East Texas where my family has spent the last five generations.

Read these books.
Connie Stewart
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of Bubba and his Mama.
Mailis Viiand
Picks up right after the clever cliff-hanger of the previous book. Keeps you on your toes. And teaches you swearwords you didn't know even existed. Excellent.
Anne Turnley
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bubba to the rescue again

Bubba fall!s in love and the object of his affections is promptly kidnapped! He cannot rest and tries searching for her. As usual, he runs afoul of the police as he tries to investigate.
Conda Douglas
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
For self-pubbed, this author proved to me that self-published books could be good. Despite all the errors in Bubba and the Dead Woman, I still enjoyed the wacky world of Bubba Snoddy to read the next, Bubba and the Twelve Days of Christmas, which was better written and edited. Onto the third, where I bumped up against the reason that many books need a publisher.

The problem with Bubba and the Missing Woman was that it starts a minute after the previous title. There's a lot of backstory and explan
The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
This book started with a little more serious feel to it. Still there, the humor that I loved so much from the first books, but Bubba seemed much more desperate than in the first two books and that stiffled some of the good humor....But... it made for a better story.

By midway the book had found its footing and sense of humor and it ended strong. I give it 4 stars and dub it a really good read (though in truth, the first two in the series carried it for the first few chapters.)

No real disappoint
BJ
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
I think it is time for Bubba and me to take a break. The first book was in desperate need of an editor, but the story was good enough to get me to read the second. Then, about halfway through the second one, I noticed a turn for the better with grammar and had hope for the series. It is really funny even though a bit on the corny side. That convinced me to go on with the series--that and the fact that I know some people who love the series, and I like to know what they are talking about when dis ...more
Shelley
May 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
leading straight on from Bubba and the 12 deadly days of Christmas, Bubba must find his sweetheart, Willodean after she disappears from a road crash.

AS usual, everyone gets involved, including Willodean's family, black gangstas and David from the "Institute" as Bubba investigates why she has disappeared and where she might have gone.

I found this book really hard to finish. I skipped large sections of descriptions, summaries and theories because none of it really enhanced or enlivened the story.
Amy
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Another lighthearted Bubba mystery. This one takes place immediately after the previous book ended, and dovetails with the ending of that one. Enjoyed that David (one of the "Loonies) was also a player in this one, though Im not sure why the character change, except that we're told he has multiple personalities in the previous book. We meet Willodean's family, and much is made of her young niece, so I can only assume we will be seeing more of the family, or at least the youngster.

The books are s
Lbousson
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book #3 in the "Bubba and the..." Mystery Series.

Bubba is one of my favorite characters of all time. Yeah, sure he is a stereotype...but he's also smart, and has an awesome truck, dog and girlfriend...in that order.

This book concludes, for me, a three book set that really is the best of this series. The first three books were very tightly written. The characters were spot-on and lovable; the plot: creative and twisty enough that it kept my interests, right from the git-go. And the length was p
Jean
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series gets better with each book. If you haven't read the others in the series, stop and start at the beginning.

I was annoyed at the cliffhanger ending of the previous book; this volume makes up for it. It is a lovely mystery that had me guessing who did the nefarious deed. The book is chock full of interesting characters (one of whom is a basset hound), interesting visual imagery, and humor. Yes, I laughed out loud at some of the expressions. I am looking forward to the next book.

If you
Judy
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a must read for me because the book before it in the series ended abruptly with Bubbas girlfriend turning up missing as the mystery is solved. Since this one picks up right where that one ends, there is some rehashing of the last book which is irritating if youve just finished the last one, as I had. Also, because Bubba is so desperate to find Willodean, its not as funny as some of the others, although some of the characters he encounters are quite funny. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed i ...more
Dee Cash
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Had to Read It

After reading the first book I had to read this one to find out what happened to Willadean. I just hate books that end leaving you hanging which is what the first one did. I think I liked the first one better because this one seemed to do an awfully lot of unnecessary rambling. Maybe I' slots my sense of humor because I found very little to make me laugh about Bubba and the Missing Woman. I would like to come across a book or a movie is that would makes laugh out loud all the way t
Marilyn
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of CL Bevill. I just love the Bubba series. It seems each story has Bubba running either into a dead body, or someone is not who they are suppose to be. Bubba is always in trouble. He has a controlling mother, a loyal dog, a mansion needing work and an old pickup truck. For country bumpkin lovers, this is the story for you. A good funny and heartfelt read.
Gay
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Poor Bubba, he finds himself in more predicaments. This is the third story I have read about Bubba. Each one gets better than the last. He's just a "Good 'ol Boy" who loves his family and the deputy sheriff, Willodean Gray. When she is kidnapped, nothing will stop him from finding her. Just a fun mystery.
Kay
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
I could've done without the lengthy rehash of the previous book in the series. This book wasn't as funny as the previous ones either. It felt contrived to tack a mystery onto the ending of another mystery.

Nevertheless, I look forward to another Bubba book that has nothing to do with books two and three of this series.
Melody
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A book that makes you laugh out loud while you are reading it. Then you have to read what was funny out loud to your bed mate because you woke him up. Not as good as the last in the series but enough to make me wonder what happens next. And you definitely have to read this if you love or hate Matt Lauer.
Quinn Fforde
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series for its wacky characters and Southern crazy. This one is not my favorite because there is too much retelling of the previous story. Still, I love heading to Pegramville! I will be back for more.
Mary Schildman
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wacky

Second book on this series that I've read. Really enjoyed it! The characters are much like my real life family members (except the bad guys) Plan to read this whole series ! Very enjoyable
Emma
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I immediately jumped into this novel as the 2nd novel was a cliff hanger. I enjoyed it so much, I finished it in one sitting. The inhabitants of Pegramville and Pegram County are as eccentric as ever along with new characters from Dallas.
Mum
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humorous, mystery
This one was somewhat funny, but not engaging. I felt there was a film between the reader and the action. The end was a big disappointment. I may have to leave Bubba on his own from hereon out. one good story out of three is not enough to take another chance.
Anna
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just as entertaining as the other 2, didn't care for the ending. It wasn't bad, just a little over the top for me. But still a good book overall and if you liked the first 2, this one won't disappoint.
Ann Perez
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
So many twists and turns

Bubba at his best! The poor guy tries so hard, yet gets himself into such messes. But he works things out and you can't help but cheer.
Love the pickles he gets into, can't wait to read more adventures
Kim Hammond-beyer
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

another fun romp with Bubba and the other interesting assorted characters. Best to read series in order. strong female characters, a dog, bubba, his crazy family, the small town police. what's not to love?
Sharon Kennedy
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another excellent installment as Bubba heads off to the big city to find clues to solve the disappearance of the lovely Willowdean - and gets himself arrested again. The characters just seem to get better and better.
  • The Two (January David #2)
  • The Taint of Midas
  • The Penguin Pool Murder (Hildegarde Withers #1)
  • Trouble in the Brasses
  • Cat in a Leopard Spot (Midnight Louie, #13)
  • Escaping Life
  • The Glimpses of the Moon (Gervase Fen, #10)
  • Dead Politician Society (Clare Vengel Undercover, #1)
  • The Chinese Parrot (Charlie Chan, #2)
  • Paging the Dead (A Family History Mystery, #01)
  • The Grave Gourmet (Capucine Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • The Ming and I (Den of Antiquity, #3)
  • The Bilbao Looking Glass (Kelling & Bittersohn, #4)
  • Live and Let Love (Agent Ex, #3)
  • Harrowing Hats (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #4)
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • Scent to Kill (A Natural Remedies Mystery #2)
  • The Old Man's Back in Town (Goldwash Mystery)
C.L. Bevill has been in the U.S. Army, cleaned floors, a graphic illustrator, a therapist, and a stay at home mother. She lives in the Alabama area with her husband and daughter and keeps plugging away at the next great American novel.
More about C.L. Bevill...

Bubba Snoddy (7 books)
  • Bubba and the Dead Woman
  • Bubba and the 12 Deadly Days of Christmas (Bubba Snoddy, #2)
  • Bubba and the Mysterious Murder Note (Bubba Snoddy, #4)
  • Bubba and the Zigzaggery Zombies (Bubba Snoddy, #5)
  • Bubba and the Ten Little Loonies (Bubba Mysteries Book 6)
  • Bubba and the Wacky Wedding Wickedness (The Bubba Mysteries Book 7)

“Bubba said something about Willowdean having a stalker,” Miz Demetrice said.

“A stalker?” Aunt Caressa repeated as if she was unfamiliar with the word.

“You know, someone who follows you around, sends you cards, dead flowers, and turns up unwanted,” Miz Demetrice said.

“Oh, you mean kind of like a Republican,” Aunt Caressa Concluded.”
4 likes