Start by marking “Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)” as Want to Read:
Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)

Caressed by Night

(Rulers of Darkness #2)

Dimitri Arsov, the last remaining pure vampire, was thought to be dead for the past four hundred years. Now, he is back and has a score to settle with the traitor that had tried to kill him centuries ago. But as he waits for his prey to blindly step into his carefully laid trap, his overwhelming hunger for blood is triggered when he saves a beautiful art historian.

Kerstyn
ebook
Published February 29th 2012 (first published February 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Caressed by Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caressed by Night

Start your review of Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
Miranda
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bbpr-review-2013
The second book in the Rulers of Darkness series captivated me more than the first. I really liked Dimitri and Kerstyn. Although everything between them happened amazingly fast, their struggles were great. Plenty of action, lots of drama, and a few tortured souls.
jD
I loved the first book of this series. It was set in the Regency period and the vampire King Dorian was sooooo alpha and sexy. This new installment did not wow me but I like this series and will read book 3 when it comes out.

Weaknesses...
The hero is vampire Dimitri Arsov. He is the last remaining pure vampire and has come back from the dead. No, he was never dead but just taking a 400 year nap because that's when his mate would be at humping age and living in Vegas. There could have been more b
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This one I'm going to have to give only 2 and half stars. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was just not enough there between Dimitri & Kerestyn. Everything about their meeting, to their "relationship" to their union was just too easy. Way too fast. Too simple. And not believable or even emotionally charged in my opinion.

Now I loved Gannon (would not mind knowing more about him) I'm very intrigued with Gabriel and the obvious opening for his story that you will read about in this book
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

With a growl, Dimitri placed his feet flat on the bed and thrust his hips up, impaling her hard and deep. "Suck," he hissed.

***Please note, this book was gifted to me by the author***

Chapter 27. Once you've read this book, you will know exactly what I mean. No really, trust me on this one...

First and foremost, I would like to thank Ms. Greene for giving me to the opportunity to read and review this second installment of her Rulers of Darkness series. I fell in love w
Jonel
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved how Greene layered the emotional component of the story on top of the paranormal and romantic ones. This is a complex tale that will engage you in many ways. At the same time it’s still fast paced and fun. The author’s exquisitely vivid descriptions bring this story to life in a big way. It is positively sinful! Greene also continues to develop her unique concept of the vampire world without shattering our preconceived notion. It all rolls up into an unforgettable story.

And don’t even ge
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Caressed by Night by Amanda J. Greene is the second book in the Rulers of Darkness series. Each book can be read on their own as they feature a different couple. However, for background information and introduction to the other rulers of darkness you would need to read the books in order. I enjoyed the first book, Caressed by Moonlight so I hoped this installment would yield the same or even more enjoyment. Ms. Greene did not disappoint.

The setting for this installment differed from its predeces
Coral
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plot: 4/5
Characterisation: 4/5
Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 4/5
WildAboutBones
"Sin, danger and sex all in one" is how Kerstyn describes Dimitri. This second in the Rulers of Darkness series is even better than the first. Vampires and witches take center stage in Greene's world (but shifters, currently off screen, are coming out of the background in future books). There is a lot of simmering chemistry between the characters as well as romance.

While the first book had a historical setting, this one fast forwards to present day. While you don't need to have read the fir
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Posted At: Riverina Romantics
My Rating: 4 out of 5 *
Heat Rating: 4 out of 5 ♡

You’re dead. Everyone believes you’re dead. So they won’t be too surprised when you come back to life, right?

Dimitri is the last living pureblood vampire, believed to be dead at the hands of a corrupt and tyrannical clan leader. But he’s not. He’s been plotting his return for centuries, having a score to settle with the fool who crossed him. There is nothing in the world that can stop him from his revenge…except possib
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed the first book in the Rulers of Darkness series, Caressed by Moonlight. So I jumped at the chance to be apart of Ms. Greene's blog tour for the second book. Caressed by Night has a different feel to it since it is set in modern times in Las Vegas verses Caressed by Moonlight's 1800s, London setting. But it has all the same hotness. And you get to see a little of Dorian and Victoria from Caressed by Moonlight which I really liked getting a update on where they are at in their live ...more
Sally
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
Amanda J. Greene's Caressed by Night is the second book in her Rulers of Darkness series, following her scintilating debut, Caressed by Moonlight.

Whether you're a lover of paranormal romances, or simply a romantic at heart, Amanda knows how to caress just the right emotions in the read, drawing you deeper and deeper into her story, and entangling you with some rather unique twists so that you not only can't let go . . . you won't want to.

While I didn't care for the setting here as much as I did
Kelly
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was suitably impressed with book 1 in this series and the way it slipped paranormal beasties into a historical romance setting. This book propels us into the present and manages to keep the tension that I enjoyed in the first book alive and humming. It helps that Dimitri is a warrior of the old world who has managed to integrate himself nicely into the present. It also helps that we get to see how characters from book 1 have weathered the years since then. I always love that!

As far as Kerstyn
Tracey
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy, pnr, vampire
Dimitri is a pure blood vampire one of the last few, he's been in hiding, well pretending to be dead for a century or two, but now his back and looking for his mate.

Kerstyn's luck is not good, her car has died, she has been accused of messing with her room mates boyfriend and she is short of money, also she needs to find somewhere else to live.

Another friend is there to help though and suggests she stays with her male friend, who just happens to be Dimitri a VAMPIRE!!

Kerstyn feels very comfortab
Sonja
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
I'm obviously the minority here because I did not love this book. In fact, I was pretty bored with most of it and just wanted to get to the big fight at the end. My favorite parts were the ones where Dimitri and Kerstyn were NOT together. I just did not like their relationship at all. It was ridiculously unbelievable and mostly because of the speed at which it all happened. Hell, they couldn't even be in the same freakin' room together for two seconds without either jumping on the other or wanti ...more
Tasnima
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I really liked this book at the start. Then the story like just became boring. I lost interest in this book right around the time Krysten finds out Dimitri's secret. Cos then there was nothing really to hide. I mean after the vampire secret came out you'd think a really old vampire would get that there is litterally nothing else to hide from his mate.

Truth be told Dimitri was a REALLY good make lead. His character was loyal and honorable, so much so that it is actualy one of his faults.

But Krys
Marishka
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was sad this book wasn't set in historical times like the first in the series, it kinda threw me since I though I was starting an historical PNR series. But even though it was set in modern times I still really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next. ...more
Rachel
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it
TLDR Recap:
Dimitri Arsov is the last remaining pure vampire around, and for the past 400 years, the supernatural world has believed him to be dead. Now he has reappeared to get revenge on the person who tried to kill him centuries ago. Kerstyn Ingmar is an art historian who lives a normal life…but she also happens to be the mate Dimitri has waited his whole life for. But Dimitri keeps having visions of a bloody, grim future, and he’ll need to fight destiny if he hopes to save Kerstyn’s life. Car
Stephanie  G
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

For more information visit Amanda J. Greene’s Website. Impatient for Dimitri's immortal end his second in command took matters into his own hands and plotted to have Dimitri killed. Being the last pure blood vampire his powers surpass any of his kind and made it possible for him to see these events unfold beforehand and allowed to make arrangements to fake his death.

After four hundred years of lying in wait and plotting his revenge Dimitri makes his presents known, and puts his plans o
Talina Perkins
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
(4.5 star top pick review, written by Talina Perkins for Night Owl Reviews)
Plot & Character:
A delicious morsel of paranormal romance!

Ms. Green has delivered another great read and one I anxiously awaited since finishing her debut novel, Caressed by Moonlight. Based on a world filled with curses and powerful rulers of the darkness this series has quickly climbed to the top of my favorites list.

At the beginning of the book the author has provided a very helpful and well organized glossary of ter
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Amanda Greene's vampires are dark, dangerous and oh so sexy!

Betrayed by his would be successor, pure bred vampire Dimitri Arsov faked his death and went into hiding, waiting for the perfect time to reclaim his throne and unleash his revenge on the one who betrayed him. Dmitri is "back from the dead" and ready for battle, but things take a different turn when he meets the beautiful Kerstyn who's down on her luck and in need of a knight in shining armor. When Dimitri realizes the woman he has welc
Nikki
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Kerstyn is just not having a good week. She barely escapes a brutal attack, she lost her job, and now her friend is kicking her out. Jobless and homeless Kerstyn isn’t sure what step to make next. A good friend points her in the direction of Dimitri, who has a room she may be able to rent. She never expected that room to be in a mansion or that the elusive man was the same man who saved her from the viscous attack.

Vampire king Dimitri has been waiting centuries for his one true mate and now he’s
VampireNovelFan
Starts off strong, but it loses steam

One benefit for most vampires is that they usually live pretty darn long. Amanda Greene’s Caressed by Moonlight, Book 1 of the Rulers of Darkness series, was a delightful period novel focusing on vampire Dorian Vlakhos and his human love, Victoria Kingston. Fast-forward a good couple of centuries and though those two are alive and well, Dmitri Arsov and Kerstyn Ingmar are the central characters in this novel.

Dmitri, a pure vampire who faked his death hund
Shari
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I have wanted to read this book for months as it has glowing reviews on Goodreads. While it was a full length book, it didn’t take overly long to read. We meet Kerstyn Ingmar as she leaves a club and is rescued by a dark, sexy man. While she is attracted, he bundles her into a cab and sends her home. When arriving home she has an argument with her roommate and is kicked out. No where else to turn too, another friends suggests she stay with someone she knows. That someone is Dimitri, the man who ...more
Lissette
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Betrayed by one of his very own, Dimitri Arsov has kept his presence a secret for the past four hundred years. Unwilling to continue his solitary existence, he's decided to come out of hiding in hopes of regaining everything he's lost. His goal is remove the man behind his supposed death in order to restore the glory to his failed empire, a feat that will not prove to be easy.

Saving the beautiful Kerstyn Ingmar from an unlikely fate, he finds herself draw to her in more ways than one. His inner
Natasja
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Caressed by Night by Amanda Greene is the second novel in the Rulers of Darkness Series and I have to say it’s another fabulous book. It’s a little different from the first novel, because while Caressed by Moonlight was set the 1800’s, this novel was set in the modern day; but it definitely had the same vibe.

The main characters Dimitri Arsov and Kerstyn Ingmar are an amazing couple. Dimitri is one of the first vampires ever made and was thought dead for centuries. Betrayed by his second in comma
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock.
Caressed by Night is book two in the Rulers of Darkness Series.
In the matter of one day, Kerstyn's life is ruined. She was attacked, her roommate/best friend kicked her out, she lost her job and her car is beyond repair. Rescued by a 'blonde god' she curses herself for not giving him her number.
Dimitri is back from the dead. For over three hundred years he faked his death to the world and now he is back more
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
Caressed by Night is the second book in Amanda J. Greene’s Rulers of Darkness series. Like the first book in the series, Caressed by Moonlight, Caressed by Night is filled with unforgettable characters that jump off the page and grab hold of your heart. When I first started reading Caressed by Night, I was surprised to see that it took place in present day since the first book in the series was set in the 1800’s. Amanda Greene has really shown her fantastic writing skills by taking a series that ...more
Kate
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Whenever I throughly enjoy a first novel in a series – I’m worried the author won’t be able to keep it up for the next book.

That’s not a worry I needed to have with regards to Carressed by Night. Amanda J. Greene has more than delivered with this second installment of the Rulers of Darkness.

This book is different from most vampire novels in terms of timing. I’ve always wondered why vampires who often live up to thousands of years always find their soul mates within months of each other. They liv
Michelle
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first book, Caressed by Moonlight, and this book was just as good. I liked Dorian from book 1 and i'm not going to lie- I wanted this book to be about him too. I pouted for a good 10-15 pages when I was first reading about Dimitri. But then I started to get into his story and I started liking him, a lot.

Dimitri is constantly waging an inner battle. I felt so bad for him, he could never just let go and be in the moment. Kerstyn was really good for him. She tried to help him
Rachel V.
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
This is the second book in the series and it was a good follow up to the first. I will say that I think Dorian from the first book is still my favorite so far but I did like Dimitri. I can’t wait for the next book to see what is in store for Hadrian the mad king.

Dimitri is supposed to be over 10,000 years old and the first of his kind along with three others who are now dead. He is the original pure blood but as was not the case of the other three Dimitri’s heart is also pure.

I do love how the a
« previous 1 3 next »
VAMPS-R-US: CONTEST!!! Caressed by Night by Amanda J Greene 16 13 Mar 26, 2012 02:37PM
VAMPS-R-US: Caressed by Night Book Trailer 5 9 Jan 15, 2012 06:25PM

• Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Dark Sentinel (Dark #28)
  • The Lasaran (Aldebarian Alliance, #1)
  • Preacher (Sons of Sangue)
  • Wolf (Sons of Sangue, #7)
  • Vlad (Sons of Sangue Book 8)
  • Bishop (The Protectors #15)
  • Dark Legacy (Dark, #27)
  • Chosen by A Rogue Vampyren (The Vampyren Invaders #4)
  • Damaged: A Dark Vampire Romance (Dark Vampires Book 3)
  • Punished: A Dark Vampire Romance (Dark Vampires Book 1)
  • Ravaged: A Dark Vampire Reverse Harem Romance (Dark Vampires Book 2)
  • Obsession
  • Spawn Of The Vampire: A Paranormal Pregnancy Romance
  • Taken by the Vampyren (The Vampyren Invaders, #1)
  • Bought by the Vampyren (The Vampyren Invaders, #2)
  • A Lighter Shade Of Pale
Amanda J. Greene is the author of the captivating Rulers of Darkness and the enticing Under Realm Assassins series. Fans of Nalini Singh’s, Gena Showalter, and J.R. Ward will fall in love with Ms. Greene’s dangerously sexy heroes and strong, kick your teeth in heroines.
She lives in Southern California with her supportive military husband and their two fur babies—a sweet cocker spaniel and a rambun

Rulers of Darkness (5 books)
  • Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness, #1)
  • Caressed by a Crimson Moon (Rulers of Darkness, #3)
  • Caressed by Shadows (Rulers of Darkness, #4)
  • Caressed by the Edge of Darkness (Rulers of Darkness, #5)