Start by marking “Conrad: The Factory-Made Boy” as Want to Read:
Conrad: The Factory-Made Boy

Conrad: The Factory-Made Boy

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  851 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Mrs. Bartolotti finds a factory-made child, who never does anything wrong, in the post - delivered by mistake. The factory men try to reclaim Conrad but he doesn't want to go.
Published October 1st 1999 by Andersen Press (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Conrad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conrad

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
How I wish there were more of Ms Nostlinger's books available to me in languages I can read (I don't speak German)! I bought this little paperback waaaay back in the 1980s and was swept into its world. And what a crazy world it is!

Bertie Bertolotti is a childlike weaver who lives alone and makes her own rules as she goes along. She eats what she wants, when she's hungry; she writes notes to self on the bathroom mirror with lipstick; she wears what feels comfortable as long as it's bright and che
Ahmad Sharabiani
Konrad oder Das Kind aus der Konservenbüchse, Christine Nöstlinger
عنوان: کنراد پسرک ساخت کارخانه؛ نویسنده: کریستینه نوستلینگر؛ مترجم: ایرج جهانشاهی؛ تهران، فاطمی، 1370، در 218 ص؛

کریستیننه نوستلینگر متولد وین و ساکن اتریش است. از کتابهای ایشان که به فارسی ترجمه شده ؛ میتوان به «گاهی اوقات دوست دارم مجرد باشم» ترجمه مهشید میرمعزی؛ «کنراد پسرک ساخت کارخانه» ترجمه ایرج جهانشاهی؛ «کدو شاه» ترجمه محمود ابریشمچیان؛ «داستان عجیب سلطان زیر زمین» ترجمه ماندانا سمیعی؛ و «پسرا با دخترا فرق دارند» ترجمه فرش
Petya Kokudeva
Така. Аз просто имам нещо като "смешен коремобол" от Конрад, който е дотягащо послушен, ерудиран и възпитан. Такова дете просто не сте виждали! Абсурдът възрастно дете-майка-дивачка е чудесно хрумване, дори си мисля, че би станал от него интересен (философски някак) сюжет за "възрастен роман". Много нишки и смисли предлага...

Авторката, бих казала неслучайно, е първата носителка на наградата за детска литература на името на А. Линдгрен.
Israel G
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very underrated book and author. I read it when i was a kid and i absolutely loved it. I must say this was the book that really got me into reading.

The whole concept is strange and creepy by itself (A kid that arrives through mail delivery in a food can...) but it's presented in such an innocent and fun way that i believe any person (Kid or adult) can come to love it.
LauraT
Mar 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Credo che Endrigo sia arrivato prima; come eravamo piccoli ...

Katherine
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Read this book back in elementary school. I was stuck in a cruddy, underfunded school district south of the Mason-Dixon where they thought this was something that makes sense to assign as class reading.

I hated this book. It's odd, because I don't remember much of it now in spite of how much I loathed it at the time. Perhaps because of how much I loathed it. I might have liked it if I'd read it when I was in primary school, but my fifth-grader (sixth? good grief, it might have been sixth grade)
Patryx
Moltissime occasioni per riflettere sul ruolo di genitore e sui rischi dell'omologazione ma la storia non mi ha convinto molto e i personaggi li ho trovati abbastanza insopportabili, tutti dal primo all'ultimo. sono curiosa di conoscere l'opinione di mia figlia (nove anni), che probabilmente riuscirà ad apprezzarlo più di me.
Pulung
Jun 08, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, adults
Recommended to Pulung by: my husband kawansyam
Ha ha!

Ide ceritanya sih OK. Tentang anak instan, yang bisa dipesan dari pabrik dan diprogram sesuai dengan "kebutuhan" pemesannya. Sebuah alternatif cara mendapatkan anak.

-pesan
-bayar
-terima paket
-buka paketnya
-buka kaleng kemasan
-siramkan "cairan gizi" pada produk di dalamnya (anak itu)
-nah, selamat "menikmati" kehadirannya!

Entah dimana kegagalan buku ini, mungkin kegagalan penerjemahnya. Saya merasa "tersedak-sedak" membacanya. Padahal, sebenarnya saya merasa cerita ini "seharusnya" asik!

Bara
Georgiana 1792
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A scuola di buoni genitori

Chi non vorrebbe avere un figlio perfetto, obbediente, che risponde sempre con educazione, che studia diligentemente, che mangia tutto quello che la mamma gli mette nel piatto e non fa mai storie di nessun genere, e chi più ne ha più ne metta?
Ma se il figlio è perfetto, allora anche i genitori dovrebbero essere alla sua altezza, e non è una cosa facile, credetemi, per quanto ci si sforzi!
(view spoiler)
Mladoria
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Relu après une première lecture qui datait de mon enfance. Je me souvenais que ce livre m'avait bien fait rire étant enfant. Adulte, une esquisse de sourire à certains passages, même si le fameux Frédéric m'a prodigieusement agacée plus d'une fois. de même, le genre associé aux jouets qui démontre bien d'une époque révolue. Heureusement la pétillante et excentrique Mme Bartolotti est restée telle que dans mes souvenirs, délicieusement hors de la norme.
Une petite histoire sympathique teintée de
  • Mein Urgroßvater und ich
  • The Fairy Tales Of Madame d'Aulnoy
  • Ash Road
  • Bijna iedereen kon omvallen
  • Mi Amigo El Pintor
  • Arizona (Lucky Luke, #3)
  • Clorofila del Cielo Azul
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)
  • Fray Perico y su borrico
  • Minnow on the Say
  • Jennings and Darbishire
  • Knight's Fee
  • The Cat: Or, How I Lost Eternity
  • La regina dei Caraibi
Christine Nöstlinger is an Austrian writer.

By her own admission, Nöstlinger was a wild and angry child. After finishing high school, she wanted to become an artist, and studied graphic arts at the Academy of Applied Arts in Vienna. She worked as a graphic artist for a few years, before marrying a journalist, Ernst Nöstlinger, with whom she had two daughters. Today she alternates between her home i
More about Christine Nöstlinger...