Start by marking “The Strategy of Satan” as Want to Read:
The Strategy of Satan

The Strategy of Satan

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  358 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Dr. Wiersbe zeroes in on Satan's attacks as deceiver, destroyer, ruler, and accuser. He emphasizes that conquering the enemy comes by obeying God's truth.
ebook, Nook
Published (first published 1979)

Cynthia
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a very organized and detailed book. Everything this book contains is helpful for spiritual battles. Keep in mind that this book won't be useful if you don't apply it to your life. Great book, love it.
Bledar
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...Christian life is a battleground and not a playground" (pg. 127). Understanding this truth you need to learn how to detect and defeat Satan. WWW has a lot of wisdom in the book. One thing that I appreciated about the book is warning at the end of the book: "...it is a dangerous things to be 'curious' about Satan and the occult. Do not dabble in the doctrine. Recognize the fact that Satan and his hosts will begin to attach you as you grow in your knowledge of their secrets" (pg 162).
Anne Marie
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book on how to recognize Satan's attacks. It is very practical in its approach as the author outlines from Scripture how Satan attacks believers and then details how we can defeat Him by putting on the armor of God as outlined in Ephesians 6. It is a short book but full of sound theology. It is well worth the investment.
Angie Steeves
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael Parker
Dec 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
How does this garbage manage to get such a high average rating?

When I read the description, I thought it was satire. I even read through most of it thinking that it was satire. It is not satire. It is as fucking ridiculous as the summary suggests.

And what the hell is up with the anarchy symbol on the cover? That's not a satanic symbol, or even an atheist symbol. Why is it there? I should have taken that as an indication of the inanity of the content; should have judged the book by its cover.
Jaime Contreras
First, there is a state of war between God and Satan. This inspired book is a handbook of warfae against the Satan. Mr. Wiersbe breaks down the maining of Ephesians 6:10-18, the character of Satan (deceiver, destroyer, ruler & accuser); living by faith, false doctrine, the truth about the fate of Satan; and God's promise to His believers. This is an outstanding book for any believer who is ready to take back the false claims of Satan and take control of one's life.
Katrece
May 29, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended by Dr. David Jeremiah during his verse-by-verse series on the armor of God (May 2011)"It's not a devotional book" but for believers who are ready to win in the battle with the enemy.

There's one which has been recreated for Turning Point with revised format and sold exclusively on Dr. Jeremiah's website. davidjeremiah.org I need to make sure I get this one.

(See also 1 Cor. 6 b/c Paul addresses specifically the armor of righteousness)
Elise
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology, nonfiction
When I like Weirsbe, I like him a lot. When I don't, I want to throw the book across the room. As he's aged, he's mellowed and I've liked a lot of what he's written in the last 15 years or so. This is no exception. I'm not one who finds a demon lurking under every bush, but even so, this was a nice, gentle, easy exposition of how our Christian culture is being corrupted.
Sarah Maes
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
Despond
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done, spanish-books
Bíblico, práctico y conciso como solo Warren Wiersbe lo puede hacer. Vale la pena tomar tiempo para leerlo. Leelo
Hugh Laybourn
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
great resource for the spiritual battle
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"God renews our lives by renewing our minds, and he renews our minds though his truth. This truth is the Word of God. (Warren W. Wiersbe, The Strategy of Satan: How to Detect and Defeat Him, Page 5)

Ha! I was going through some of the reviews on the book and noticed a few devils writing reviews. You know the ones who wrote bad reviews or 1 star reviews on this book are influenced by the devil. The symbol on this book is not satanic. It is just an A with a circle around it. The symbol that is demo
Brandon Duncan
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful and informative, a must read, especially for those who once lived a very dark lifestyle.
Debbie
"The Strategy of Satan" looked at the four main strategies of Satan, our defense against these strategies, the armor of God, and the origins of Satan and demons. The book did contain useful, correct information and stuck to Scripture. However, I felt like he gave the intellectual answers and left the reader to figure out how to implement them. Ok, so Satan uses physically suffering to make believers impatient with God. I kinda had that figured out before reading the book, and I'm not feeling any ...more
Rush
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Rush by: Dr. David Jeremiah
(YOU MUST READ THIS MANUAL, GET IT)

A timeless classic on the strategies of Christian warfare. This book is a manual of arms for the Christian soldier. It is not a devotional reader for the believer who has gone AWOL. It is a deadly serious guidebook for dedicated Christians who are on the battlefield and want to know how to win. Warren W. Wiersbe discusses basic biblical instruction on defeating the strategies of the devil. Centering his material on Satan's attacks as a deceiver, destroyer, rule
JE
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-on-christ
Now it's us a fantastic little book! It was lent to me by a very dear friend!! And just at the right time. Straightforward, scripture saturated and full of discernment and wisdom. Sometimes we forget that there really is a spiritual dimension and battles going on. This helped me a greatvdealmin understanding myself, other pople and what seems like the most bizarre situations!
Celena Janton
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We used this book as a bible study series--a chapter a week. As a new Christian, it was absolutely enlightening! I highly recommend it for small-group study or simply as a book to read individually. It's short at 157 pages, but it's pretty packed full of basic bible instruction, perfect for a new Christian or one who wants to grow in his or her faith.
Melissa
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I come back to this book every time I start to dive into those dark places of doubt - when I feel attacked or my identity is being smeared by lies from the enemy. Necessary for the arsenal. It's practical - brings you right back to Scripture - who we are and how to fight
Tanya
Jul 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Assuming one is reading this as an informative text, in some fashion applicable to reality, the book is absolute shite. Paranoid, raving, utter shite. IF, however, you're reading it for a laugh, the damn thing is priceless. Seriously hilarious read.
Ruth
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great inspiration for staying ahead of the devil! I loved reading this book could not stop reading although I am not a daily reader. Enjoyed learning
The Reading Mama
Excellent book. Highly practical and insightful, quite short - no 'filler' just solid theology and application that transcends the times. Highly recommend.
Revmike10 REESE
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great learning book.
Must read for all.
Justin Steckbauer
Warren Wiersbe never fails to impress, one of his best.
Christopher Long
Jun 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a "must read" for believers who seek a compelling "life guide" in which to compliment their existing daily Bible study.
Racheal
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great little read about our true Enemy and the power in God's Truth.
Charlene
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianreads
An excellent book on how Satan attacks saints! I enjoyed it all! Definitely will read again!
Dustin Cook
Short book with lots of Scripture. Very informative and faithful.
Read1000books
A book every believer should read. On spiritual warfare, this is one of the best.
David
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
satan's sole purpose for you is to keep you from God's will and lead you to violation of God's will in order to thwart God in His desires.
Nedra Haymon
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent bible study book. Easy to read and comprehend. Great scripture references also.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: page numbers incorrect 2 20 Jan 11, 2013 10:54AM
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
  • Made For His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • God Built (Joseph) - Forged By God...In The Bad And Good Of Life (Bold Man Of God, #2)
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • How To Be Born Again
  • Invitation to the Jesus Life: Experiments in Christlikeness
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • Can I Be Sure I'm Saved? (Crucial Questions, #7)
  • Experiencing God Day-By-Day: The Devotional and Journal
  • Slaying the Giants in Your Life
  • The Epistles to the Colossians, to Philemon, and to the Ephesians (New International Commentary on the New Testament)
  • Secret Power
  • The End of Religion: Encountering the Subversive Spirituality of Jesus
  • Nothing Is Impossible with God: Reflections on Weakness, Faith, and Power
  • Heaven for Kids
  • Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World
Warren W. Wiersbe, former pastor of the Moody Church and general director of Back to the Bible, has traveled widely as a Bible teacher and conference speaker. Because of his encouragement to those in ministry, Dr. Wiersbe is often referred to as 'the pastor's pastor.' He has ministered in churches and conferences throughout the United States as well as in Canada, Central and South America, and Eur ...more
More about Warren W. Wiersbe...

“We cannot learn patience by reading a book or hearing a lecture. The only way we can learn patience is by going through the trials that God assigns to us. The trials of life are the tools God uses to mature us, to build our faith, and to get us to trust the Spirit and not the flesh.” 1 likes
“The believer who harbors bitterness and malice in his heart is giving Satan one of his most effective beachheads! These” 0 likes