Start by marking “The Legends of Light” as Want to Read:
The Legends of Light

The Legends of Light

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A high fantasy saga in six poems. For adults and young adults. Crafted to be enjoyed by readers who do not normally read poetry, but do enjoy fantasies such as Eragon, The Lord of the Rings, and the sagas of Norse legend.

Each poem builds upon the last to weave a tapestry of magic, dark creatures, and romance.
Published (first published October 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Legends of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legends of Light

Larissa
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book. I am a fan of poetry in general, but this was different from most poems that I have read. The poems all told a story, they were not abstract or vivid descriptions of nature – which I love as well – but this book reminded me of some of Tolkien’s poems from The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings.

In my opinion, high fantasy lends itself really well to verse because in high fantasy the characters often keep their history through song and poetry. I could really feel as thoug
Michael
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(This review may contain spoilers).

(I received this book as part of the 'read...review...repeat' offer from Grey Hart Press).

I have to say, I'm not a big poetry fan. I read a couple that a friend of mine wrote, but that was it. However, I kept coming back and looking at this particular book. I was drawn to the idea of fantasy poems, each telling a story.

I have to say, my favourite out of the poems was definitely the first one. I did like the way each of the poems were connected together, but a l
Pete
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great saga. Each narrative fits into an overall story arc. The verse itself is wonderfully written and the world it is used to describe is rich. There is enough here to imagine the world the story is set in to be vast and sprawling, with many stories of great deeds and tales to be taken from it.

It is certainly a book to read in one sitting. This is when I got the most enjoyment out of it. Although reading the tales individually has its charm, it really comes into its own when read cover to cov
Maxine Wetherall
rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2012
Jul 04, 2012
Katie
Jul 04, 2012
From the author 1 1 Jul 19, 2013 11:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add paperback edition of The Legends of Light 8 29 Jun 30, 2012 01:03PM