Start by marking “Bergdorf Boys” as Want to Read:
Bergdorf Boys

Bergdorf Boys

When Neal Tate, a just-out-of-rehab NYC party columnist, falls for Dewalt, a Harlem drug dealer he meets at a gay bathhouse, he discovers that navigating an honest relationship is a lot more difficult than chasing down the perfect pair of skinny jeans.

Neal finds support from his fashion-loving friends: Rovvy, a blond boy-toy married to Andres Palamos, the shady millionaire
Published December 3rd 2011 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Bergdorf Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bergdorf Boys

Violetta Vane
This was a unique book; although it does have a romance arc, it's really much more literary gay fiction. The prose style is gorgeous. It's marked by the complete absence of cliches, realistic dialogue, lyrical descriptive details and the ability to describe intense emotion without sentimentality. There's not a lot of m/m romance which can say the same. Hey, I love the genre too, but it's nice to take a little vacation from it.

One of the highest marks I can give this book is in regards to the de
Janie
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was by far one of the best books I've ever read. I fell in love with Dewalt and Neal. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys male/male romance.
Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads Contest.
Sala Bim
Some sad, superficial, and ignorantly racist bullsh*t if ever I've read it. I won't even waste my time being angry over it.
Yoshi
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
What can I say? It's a strange read......

**with some spoilers**

Neal reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. Both a writer of a column and addicted to
high end fashion. I always wonder where did the money come from, how can Carrie afforded all the
big names clothes/shoes/bags just being a column writer. It's the same with Neal.

The pairing was weird.... not because Dewalt was black and have gold teeth :-)
Everything between the two men was a real contradiction. I can't see how the attr
Joyfully Reviewed
Midwestern boy Neal Tate explored his gay sexuality to the absolute ultimate when he landed in New York City. Neal dove into the lifestyle so well that he ended up in rehab with an alcohol and drug addiction.

Navigating life without the crutch of liquor, in particular, is a whole new world for Neal. With the help of his closest friend Rovvie he’s got a job writing a column he titles ‘Bergdorf Boys’ for Pop magazine. He’s also responsible for some of their fashion layout as an editor.

The pressures
Marten Weber
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Scott is one of the few writers who write with the honesty and clarity of a Jean Genet and the style of a Hollinghurst.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Ronny
Jun 15, 2017
Dick O'Connor
Feb 22, 2013
Scott Hess
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marq
Dec 30, 2011
Ronny
Aug 17, 2016
Timeforme
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2013
Michelle Coats
Jan 29, 2012
Muygal
May 01, 2012
A New Gay Contemporary From JMS Books & Scott Alexander Hess 1 4 Dec 30, 2011 12:09PM
Scott Alexander Hess earned his MFA in creative writing from The New School. He blogs for The Huffington Post and his writing has appeared in Genre Magazine, The Fix, and elsewhere. Hess co-wrote Tom in America, an award winning short film starring Sally Kirkland and Burt Young. His latest novel Skyscraper was a 2017 Lambda Literary Award finalist. The Butcher’s Sons, his third novel, was a Kirkus ...more