Start by marking “Kiss & Hug, Band 1” as Want to Read:
Kiss & Hug, Band 1

Kiss & Hug, Band 1 (Kiss/Hug #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  3,096 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Ryu kommt aus England, um ein Jahr als Schüler an die Highschool zu gehen. Ryus Alltagleben besteht aus Bilanzen und Geschäftsberichten, mit denen er trotz seiner jungen Jahre als Firmenchef zu tun hat. In Japan trifft er dann auf die niedlich-naive Yukino, deren Leben so ganz anders ist als das seine. Yukino geht zur Schule, hilft im Blumenladen ihrer Mutter aus und vermi ...more
Published November 22nd 2011 by Carlsen Manga (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss & Hug, Band 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss & Hug, Band 1

Jess
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humorous, manga
Super cute. If you like Kaichou Wa Maid-sama, Kanata Kara, Last Game, Dengeki Daisy, Fruits Basket, Beast Master, or Wild Ones, You'll love this.
Samantha Tolleson
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga and Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha by: anime-planet.com
The art is wonderful, but there is very little unique about the plot.
Soobie's heartbroken
Ich weiß nicht, was ich über diesen Manga sagen soll. Ich habe andere Werke von Kako Mitsuki gelesen und ich mag ihren Zeichenstil sehr. Dann habe ich "Kiss & Hug" gesehen. Ich wollte es lesen und dann habe ich den Umschlag gesehen. Ich denke, dass Ryus Augen ein bisschen außerirdisch sind. Das ist aber kein Lob. Sie sehen wie fremd aus.

Danach habe ich mit dem Manga begonnen. Ich mag, dass Yukino in einem Blumengeschäft arbeitet und dass jeder Kapitel trägt den Namen einer Blume (das ist gu
Garden of Eden
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another smoking hot guy from the mangaka, Kako Mitsuki after Ai Hime. Hahaha... I read this when I want something cute & relaxing.
Sarakukumalu
It's a cute story.In the begining I did'nt liked the main character, but the final of the story rewards the all time we've spent in reading. (sorry for my bad english) ;)
Buttons
I am generally not a big fan of overly sweet cliche love stories. Lots and lots of chliches... This one is full of them. Insta-love, damsel in distress, rich guy and simple girl, forcing the girl into a realtionship, moving in, not telling her the important things, etc, etc. I can understand the appeal this has to many people, eypecially girls. However, I found it hard to ignore the horrible cliches used in this manga, the development of the relationship wasn't even shown, one moment they were s ...more
Rhina Luu
LOVE THE ART! One of my favorite mangaka
Estara
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of love, hugs and forthright emotions
Recommended to Estara by: scanlation of the volume
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
Reeva
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love this manga. Yukino is hilarious and I love how feisty she is! She just loves to hit Ryuu. She's so innocent, but she stands her ground. I love when she throws her shoe at some jerk in the beginning of the manga. It cracks me up! Ryuu is sexy and I love how blunt he says things. I am a little curious about him though. He is definitely hiding some secret. I love him though!! He is a sneaky little devil. I love how jealous he gets of her. It is so funny.
Cheyenne
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, manga-reviews
I really liked this one. For only having three volumes I have to say that I don't think it should have gone on longer. The length is great with a complete beginning, middle, and end. Which means that the ending was satisfactory and didn't leave me guessing "What next?" or yearning for more. Another thing that I liked was that despite the usual for manga were the two main characters are from different sides of society, in this case a commoner and business man, there wasn't anyone trying to outwar ...more
Sara
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I disegni sono belli ma la storia di questo primo volume risulta troppo veloce, scontata e a tratti anche un bel po' confusa e assurda. Tutti gli ostacoli per/fra i protagonisti vengono eliminati con stratagemmi ridicoli. La protagonista stessa non ha carattere (o quel poco che ha risulta costruito male, tant'è che in più occasioni sembra soffrire di bipolarismo) e si fa manovrare come più aggrada agli altri personaggi. Il protagonista maschile è la quintessenza del cliché per un manga romantico ...more
Michelle. D.
May 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for the entire series.

Overall series rating is 4 stars.

So the manga was cute. I can't imagine a hot British slash Japanese guy.If I see one one day, I will give this book 5 stars. I also didn't give this series 5 stars because of it's ending. SERIOUSLY? There isn't even a sequel and that is how you end everything?!?!

I loved Ryuu's character.
I thought Yukino's character was amusing.

HAHAH. Some parts of this manga were so funny. I'm not gonna name it because I don't want to spoil
Starbubbles
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I found this one to be more believable than Mitsuki's other work, Ai Hime. With the narration at the beginning, you know within the first two pages that they will eventually separate. This added a sense of drama that would not have been there if you did not have the knowledge of an inevitable separation. I found their relationship to be sweet and patient. The latter adjective is not something I often use, especially for the typical male in shojo. That isn't to say Ryuu isn't shojo typical in oth ...more
Michelle. D.
May 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for the entire series.

Overall series rating is 4 stars.

I loved Ryuu's character.
I thought Yukino's character was amusing.

Lei
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Coz I've been reading too many shounen manga and realized I kinda need some romance this time. This is a very short, light read. Typical shoujo but not the overly annoying typical shoujo that is rampant nowadays. I would've like to see more of the female MC's growth rather than a fast forward in the future but it ended on such a positive and cute note so I guess that's okay.
Madeeha (D-ha)
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! Kako Mitsuki did a good job with the story line and art. The art and story line really invites you and makes you want to keep reading the series till the very end. I would recommend reading all of Kako Mitsuki's works. All of the series shes worked on are really good and are my favorites.
Hannah
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Series Review: Kiss/Hug is a funny and entertaining manga series. It is very short making it good for a quick and light read. It has a very cliche feeling about it but it makes it more fun that way. It is very romantic and the end wraps things up nicely. This manga series is a good manga for those short on time and looking for a good romance fix.
Kayla Marshall
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this and I was expecting quite a bit from it cause I had read another manga from the same author. But it may drag in the beginning with the main male character being and acting like a player and her mother being too cool with the sudden change of events but for the most part it was nice.
Sereneblaze
Read this a really long time ago but I thought it was a rather sweet shoujo manga.

The art is sparse but very cute and the characters though a bit of your typical manga stereotypes were pretty cute.

Good for a nice light read.
Patricia
Hm.. I didn't really enjoy this one. He looked kinda creepy most of the times (his eyes!) and was a jerk often enough, too. It wasn't as memorable as some of Kako Mitsuki's other novels, so.. 2-3 stars.
Kadie D♥
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Fell for a chaptercover from the beach. Luckily other manga readers helped me find this manga:)
I liked the story!
Morgane
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I liked it! But idk i'm nervous for what is going to follow.
Scarlett
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!
Victoria Newman
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Catherine Wood
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it a dozen times and still love this manga!
00lovebooks00
whole series
Shereen
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-manga
From the author of Sora Log, comes the book Kiss/Hug. This is an emotional book which includes humour.
Whit
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series
Kelsey
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • Love Celeb 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 02
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 4
  • Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 01
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 2] (Faster than a Kiss #2)
  • The Devil Does Exist, Volume 1
  • わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
The German editions spell the author name as Kaco Mitsuki.
More about Kako Mitsuki...

Kiss/Hug (3 books)