Start by marking “Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce” as Want to Read:
Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce

Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce (Layers of the Otherworld 0.1)

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Ah, Scotland, an Art History student's wet dream. Gorgeous old castles, great booze, sexy locals with even sexier accents, and even a gory ghost story or two. Maxwell Lewis is here for two reasons: to get a few great photographs, and to forget about his boring commitment-obsessed ex, in that order. Knock Castle seems to have offered him opportunities for both -- all the ex ...more
Published December 3rd 2011 by Smashwords (first published October 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5
This story and Cruce de Caminos separately introduce the two main characters of Layers of the Otherworld series.
Out of the Tombs, Exceedingly Fierce introduces Cormac through the eyes of a Canadian tourist Maxwell, who is in Scotland taking pictures and trying to sort out his personal life. One night at the haunted ruins of the castle would help him decide what to do with his relationship. It is a great short story and even better start for a series. It isn't about Cormac, but you get an idea
Trix
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
It proved to be an interesting reading.

(view spoiler)
Sophie Duncan
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Folks looking for a little light m/m titlation
This is a fun short story. I liked the atmosphere of the setting and the sexy boldness of the protagonist, Maxwell. It's a quick read, but I certainly got a feeling for Maxwell and his relationship problems at home :). It's not too deep, has some fun action, in both an exciting-spooky and a sensual sense.

All in all, good way to take up 20 mins.
Elizabetta
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-or-fantasy, grh
Whoa. We meet Cormac here for the first time in all his aggressive, dominant, sexy glory.

Marshall, a tourist looking for great photo ops meets up with Cormac, Druid sorcerer, in the ruins of haunted Knock Castle, Scotland. Night falls and evil sets chase. This free quickie is packed with action, horror, sharp, hot sex and wonderful language and imagery.

"The moonlight made his skin and hair glow gold, like he was some kind of god, ancient and beautiful..."

“I’d make you open my fly with your teet
Serena
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Maxwell encounters redcaps and Cormac in Ireland. A art trip that is kind of cute and remiss because of Max's ex Nick, makes one wonder who Cormac lost and what else he's fought of the monsters and supernatural.
Clodia Metelli
An enjoyable short story, rather lighter and less polished than others I've read by these authors maybe. Obviously a snippet from a larger universe that raised interesting questions about the supernatural and then distracted us with sex from pondering the answers!
Don Bradshaw
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short, sexy introduction to the swarthy Cormac. He's got some attitude that counters Maxwell's free spirited exuberance. We see that both men are hurting and in need of someone who understands them.
G.B. Gordon
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Not as perfectly crafted or significant as Harm Reduction, which really blew me away. But I still liked it well enough.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Disappointing. I couldn't stand the main character, which is good because he has sex with Cormac and Cormac is destined for another.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nice short addition to the series.
Teal
Ah, Cormac, I missed you so. ;)

This fantasy/horror short story let me revisit one of my favorite characters in m/m fiction. For that, I give it four stars. I don't think there'd be much to it as a standalone, though -- outside the context of the Layers of the Underworld series it wouldn't have the same resonance, and the allusions to Cormac's past would be meaningless. I strongly recommend reading The Druid Stone first. In fact, I strongly recommend reading The Druid Stone -- period. Strongly.
Cheryl
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great short short story. I kind of wish these authors would write a straight up horror story because they're so good at otherworldly, underworldy, creepy ghosty things. This one had me at the edge of my seat for a few pages. The sexy times were fun, too.
D
Damn! Wish there were more.
Ken Chartrand
Brandilyn
Oct 04, 2012
Тамрико
Mar 05, 2012
Heidi Belleau was born and raised in small town New Brunswick, graduated with a degree in history from Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, and now lives outside of Edmonton, Alberta, with her tradesman husband and two kids. A proud bisexual woman, her writing reflects everything she loves: diverse casts of queer characters, a sense of history and place, equal parts witty and filthy dialog ...more
More about Heidi Belleau...

Layers of the Otherworld (1 books)
  • The Druid Stone (Layers of the Otherworld, #1)