Start by marking “The Killing - Uncommon Denominator” as Want to Read:
The Killing - Uncommon Denominator

The Killing - Uncommon Denominator

When firefighters respond to a suspected meth explosion at a trailer park, they discover a man’s body in a neighboring trailer, unburned but with terrible head wounds. The meth cooker lies in critical condition, and undercover narcotics officer Stephen Holder feels a kinship with the child the man leaves behind.

Then another man’s body is discovered in a shipping container
Published June 24th 2014 by Titan Books (first published March 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing - Uncommon Denominator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing - Uncommon Denominator

Alana Voth
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now that the AMC-now-Netflix series, The Killing, will see its final season come August, my only hope is that detectives Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder will continue to solve cases and battle personal demons in literary Never Never Land. Long live Linden and Holder! I don't know if author, Karen Dionne, plans to write another book, but I intend to ask her: I'll probably beg her to write a series. Mainly, I love these characters. The book itself, Uncommon Denominator, takes place ten months befo ...more
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's odd to say that the tv show is better than the book. But if you've ever watched this show, you'd be surprised if it was otherwise.

That being said, for a fan, this is a worthwhile read. It's a prequel of sorts, a story of a case that happened before Linden & Holder partnered up, yet this brought them into proximity.

The writer is Karen Dionne. Don't know her, but from her bio it sounds like she had nothing to do with the show; she's just a respectable writer who presumably got tapped for
Lis
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This one seemed more pedestrian. -- a disappointment: I was so impressed by The Marsh King's daughter, so was going back to the author's previous books. But this one wasn't up to the same standard. In particular, the ending just petered out.
Gordon
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the mystery. Interesting to see what Holder and Sarah were doing before becoming partners. Story was well done, characters stayed true to the characters on the show, which I was glad to see. You can read this without having seen the show. Hopefully Ms. Dionne will be allowed to write more stories but the story line may be limited due to the final outcome of the TV show. I would love to see more stories with more interaction between Sarah and Holder.
Violet Aderes
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have took time to read, because I didn’t want to finish this so fast. I don’t have anything negative to say, everything was explained inside. I would totally recommend this book to anyone, who likes ‘light thrillers’. : )
sarah  morgan
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Good, solid murder mystery. It was especially fun to read about Linder and Holder before they began working together in the TV series, The Killing.
Nicki
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy the television show - you'll like the book. Ms. Dionne did a great job capturing the qualities of Holder and Linden.
Kdunbier
It's brain candy. I read it in two days. Its mostly not distractingly badly written. I did want more Holder.
Becky Peeples
Pete Witkowski
Jul 29, 2015
Devin Nix
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love the show. Nice to read the prequel.
Rachell Youngman
Apr 14, 2019
Cameron McKnight
Jul 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Karen Dionne is the # 1 international bestselling author of the dark psychological suspense novel The Marsh King’s Daughter published by G.P. Putnam’s Sons in the US and in 25 other countries.

Karen is co-founder of the online writers community Backspace, and organizes the Salt Cay Writers Retreat held every other year on a private island in the Bahamas. She is a member of the International Thrill