Start by marking “Halo Encyclopedia” as Want to Read:
Halo Encyclopedia

Halo Encyclopedia

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  430 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Created in full collaboration with Microsoft, "Halo Encyclopedia" is packed with hundreds of images, illustrations, and technical drawings that highlight all the information fans and newcomers to the game need to know.
Hardcover
Published September 19th 2011 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published October 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Halo Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halo Encyclopedia

Trike
This book is okay. I really enjoy tomes like this which detail an imaginary universe and history, all the cool worldbuilding stuff that goes into imaginary worlds.

I grew up reading things like The Silmarillion but I really liked the ones where they combined art with text, such as The Terran Trade Authority books from the late '70s like Spacecraft: 2000 To 2100 AD and Great Space Battles, as well as the The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe. I still read RPG Sourcebooks because I enjoy the
Jesse Booth
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
If there is ANYTHING you want to know about the Halo Universe, this is your definitive guide. It holds great information and greater insight than the games and books were ever able to give. I wonder what will happen with the release of "Halo:Reach" this coming Fall. This encyclopedia will already be out of date. I understand there is a Forerunner series coming out soon, too. If that is true, it will be interesting to see if they create an updated version of this encyclopedia.
Angie
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really thought this was a great great book! I posted some pictures from it here:

Nick
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you a fan of the Halo Universe and would like to learn more about it, then this is a book for you.
Paul Childs
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was an interesting read for anyone that has played any of the Halo games. Anything you might be interested in knowing is in this encyclopedia and there is a lot of nice Halo themed artwork to look at.

The writing isn't Shakespeare, and it sometimes feels like later entries are just rehashing earlier ones, but it was interesting.

It would be even better if you could get this at your local library since it is pretty expensive for what you get.
Mitch
Jan 26, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the greatest and least boring encyclopedia I have ever read (not that I've read many encyclopedias). With everything from Johnson's missions before he met 117 to the details of the Covenant Hierarchy to the Forerunner-Flood war, and some hints of why the prophets cant activate the rings themselves, and why they have to capture a human to do it for them, and why 343 Guilty Spark tried to kill you. Hint: its like insanity for AIs... we all knew Sparky was nuts.
Nathan Jones
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: halo
Very informative, although an updated version will be needed very soon; especially with the Forerunner book trilogy finishing up (Greg Bear), the newer post-Halo 3 book trilogy (Karen Traviss), and the release of Halo 4 coming in November.
Deyara
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My nephew likes killing me in Halo so I got this for us to look at. He loved it, and it has so much information here, great pictures and wow so much work went into this. Dont think it will stop him killing me though!
Tony Spears
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Halo universe is in here. As a fan of Scifi, I find my attention is dreawn to the methology of the univrse the material is set is as well as the story itself. I loved it!
Brenden Ashby
MUST READ
Babs Grr
Jun 14, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
FALSE
Andy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was awesome. Don't want to miss out.
Brent
Dec 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to find out other little tidbits about the Halo universe.
Asher Riley
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A truly amazing, beautifully illustrated, inspiring and stunning work. Filled with all you could and would want to know about that galaxy not so far away.
Sam
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so good!!!!! It clarified most of the questions I had, and will ever have!!!
Mal
Sep 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i am reading it
Steve
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything you need to know about the Halo universe up to Reach.
Taddow
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Art! Great background! But got a little repetitive after a while. Still a great read for Halo fans.
Venus Maneater
  • Halo 3: The Official Strategy Guide
  • Halo: Contact Harvest
  • Halo: The Thursday War
  • Halo: Cryptum
  • Halo: The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike (Halo, #1-3)
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • The Heart of the Night
  • Possibilities (Austen Series, #6)
  • Halo: The Flood
Born in the Caribbean, Tobias S. Buckell is a New York Times Bestselling author. His novels and over 50 short stories have been translated into 17 languages and he has been nominated for the Hugo, Nebula, Prometheus and John W. Campbell Award for Best New Science Fiction Author. He currently lives in Ohio.
More about Tobias S. Buckell...