Start by marking “Archie Meets KISS: Collector's Edition” as Want to Read:
Archie Meets KISS: Collector's Edition

Archie Meets KISS: Collector's Edition

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
ZOMBIES IN RIVERDALE!

The biggest comic book crossover in history, in one essential volume!

Two of the most iconic groups in pop culture meet for the first time as the rock-fueled demons of KISS crash-land in Riverdale, home to America’s favorite teenager, Archie Andrews!

When one of Sabrina the Teenage Witch’s spells goes awry and summons forth a gang of dangerous monster
Published May 1st 2012 by Archie Comics

To ask other readers questions about Archie Meets KISS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archie Meets KISS

Jacob
Jun 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Public library copy. Sorry, I'm not a Kiss fan, but I wanted to give this title a try before my kids devoured the book as they read everything and anything Archie. I was pleased that the writer brought in Josie and Sabrina, but their inclusion didn't make the story better or more fresh and surprising. I don't think other parents need be concerned that the story will be scary for younger readers. Production-wise the art is decent with a sketchbook at the end. I was pleasantly surprised to find Fr ...more
Leah
This was just horrible. I used to love Archie, I read everything, but today's comics are just missing their soul. The stories are just awful and paint the crew as unlovable. The storyline was horrible; just awful. And Archie and the gang are all doing witchcraft? When did that happen? I thought it would be cool having Kiss in it, I love Kiss. I thought that they would do a battle of the bands or something; but monster hunters? Really? Who thought that would be a good idea, because it wasn't one. ...more
Jessica
Let's face it: The fact that this even exists is delightful enough. Sadly they didn't come up with much a of a plot to go with this hilarious premse. Beyond, y'know, revealing that KISS are actually a group of supernatural crime-fighters from another dimension. S'true. Jughead kept sassing KISS, and I waited for Gene Simmons to vomit blood on him in retaliation, but it was not to be. Sigh.
Michele
Aug 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Besides Kiss being a money-hungry garbage band, and besides the completely dull story (it IS Archie, after all), what stood out to me most was how mean this comic was. Every page had at least one character insulting another. It stood out a lot. Read Afterlife with Archie instead.
paula
You drive us wild, we'll drive you CRAHAYZAY.
Katie McGuire
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was absolutely ridiculous.
Johnny Tentoes
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Not as enjoyable as I wanted.
David
Dec 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Obviously an ready read. But lame. Moving on.
Hannah Givens
A soulless gimmick.
Jeroen Smits
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riverdale's gonna rock and roll all night and party every day!

I'm a fan of KISS and a bit of a comic book geek, so when Dan Parent came to Vancouver Fan Expo 2015 and I saw Archie Meets KISS for sale there, I knew I had to get a signed copy of it. The fact that this crossover even saw the light of day should be reason enough for me to keep on shouting in joy.

The originality of the crossover unfortunately didn't translate into Alex Segura's story. The story is not very imaginative or particularl
Allison
I think I had to give this 3 stars (good) for the shear ballsy ridiculousness of it. Archie and Kiss and Sabrina the Teenage Witch and let's not forget her cat Salem. Monsters invade invade Riverdale and it is up to the supernatural inter-dimensional KISS to save the day with their Rock 'n' Roll. Weird.
Emmaj
May 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2012
Archie comics are so cute! Archie and friends need to same Riverdale from monsters intent on sucking the fun out of life. Kiss combats them with their rockin' music. The worst thing that can happen is we turn into mindless zombies who spend all their time on their electronic devices.
Emma
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun to read. Definitely a guilty pleasure crossed with nostalgia. I grew up reading Archie & the only Archie series I'm reading at the moment is Afterlife With Archie, which is pretty dark. It felt good to read something light & fluffy!
Missdemeanor
Jun 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable, asinine, badly written, and a waste of time. SOME decent in-jokes for Kiss fans.
Terry
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice drawings of KISS! Archie was my comic when I was little.
Megalion
I grew up on Archie comics.... but sometimes you just can't go back. The story was abysmal.

Just.... don't go there.
wildct2003
Did not finish
Beth
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of WTF, but there are some great one-liners.
Bill
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Do you really want to read this? OK, maybe you'll get a chuckle or two, but you'll find more laughs in a bowl of Rice Krispes.
Woowott
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Absurd. The script isn't that good, and Dan Parent has never been my favorite Archie artist, but this was a sufficiently amusing trifle.
Jeremy
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had to happen! Or, it didn't. Not as good as Archie Meets the Punisher.
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Completely ridiculous in the best possible way.
Lauren
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some of the story made no sense, but it was worth it for the zombie Josie and the PussyCats
Judy Hilkert
May 04, 2018
Mary
Jun 08, 2015
Rum
rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2016
Chinmai Jaim
rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Alex Segura is a novelist and comic book writer. He is the author of the Pete Fernandez Miami Mystery series, which includes SILENT CITY, DOWN THE DARKEST STREET, DANGEROUS ENDS, and BLACKOUT, all via Polis Books. He has also written a number of comic books, including the best-selling and critically acclaimed ARCHIE MEETS KISS storyline, the "Occupy Riverdale" story, ARCHIE MEETS RAMONES and THE A ...more
More about Alex Segura