Start by marking “London Bridges (Alex Cross, #10)” as Want to Read:
London Bridges (Alex Cross, #10)

London Bridges

(Alex Cross #10)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  39,429 ratings  ·  1,033 reviews
TWO OF THE GREATEST VILLAINS JAMES PATTERSON HAS EVER CREATED IN ONE BOOK!

Minutes after soldiers evacuate a Nevada town, a bomb completely destroys it. On vacation, FBI agent Alex Cross gets the call: the blast was perpetrated by the Wolf. A supercriminal and Cross's deadliest nemesis, the Wolf threatens to obliterate major cities, including London, Paris, and
Published October 1st 2005 by Vision (first published November 8th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about London Bridges, please sign up.
Randy My answer would be No, the book is about two serial killers and describes in detail their crimes, is filled with filthy language and sex, drugs and…moreMy answer would be No, the book is about two serial killers and describes in detail their crimes, is filled with filthy language and sex, drugs and the mafia. I don't think a 13 year old should be reading it, in fact I'm 71 and I shouldn't be reading it either.(less)

·  39,429 ratings  ·  1,033 reviews

Suzanne
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good addition to the series and there was a lot of action but for some reason I expected more with a book with both the weasel and wolf in one book. Ending got crazy though and really added action to the story. The ending brought it from 3.5* to ⭐⭐⭐⭐. Still loving this series. On to Mary, Mary now.

My quick and simple overall: quick and entertaining afternoon read.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Sharon
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
As much as I enjoy reading James Patterson, and as much as I am in love with Alex Cross (yes, I admit it), this installment failed to satisfy me. And failed miserably. Perhaps my disappointment was in the novel's grand scale international crime? These baddies seemed to kill for the sake of killing. Not to give spoilers, but even the deaths of some antagonists seemed anticlimactic given the way Cross had pursued them and vice versa, and the extent of the trouble they had caused him and the public ...more
Alla
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This one was a roller-coaster ride like no other Ive "been on" lately!!
Up and down, left and right, until I was just waiting to get off because my mind was just spinning!! What in the ever loving ... was going on? Who really was the Wolf?
But all is good that ends well...or did it end?
I guess well have to wait and see.
Jerry B
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
Bad villains return, but weak terrorist plot not much fun...

This is the tenth in Patterson's Detective (now FBI special envoy) Alex Cross series, and from the outset, we would surmise that if you are not a faithful follower of the previous nine, you will be lost. First, both central villains are reprised from earlier books (the "Weasel" from "Pop Goes the Weasel"; and the "Wolf" from "Big Bad Wolf"), but it's not so clear how or why they are in cahoots. The Weasel in specific gets bu
Rob
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: serial-thrillers
Book 10 in the Alex Cross series.

This book really doesn’t have a lot going for it.
For the most part I usually find the Alex Cross books to be, at best, a three star read. But on this occasion two stars will have to suffice.
The plot is outlandish; a mastermind criminal, The Wolf, is destroying some of Europe’s major cities holding the live of its citizens to ransom for a ridiculous amount money. It’s reads more like a James Bond plot but without the tongue in cheek panache
Brittany
This was a scary one to contemplate. Imagining if someone could band together so many powers of destruction. I loved the chase, I had a lot of guesses of people who were playing both sides, and I wasn't 100% correct. My main complaint is that ending was weak as crap. It better turn out to not REALLY be the end, or else it was such a rush job, even if the circumstances could be realistic in the ending, it just felt flat and emotionless.

I enjoyed the journey and the different agencies working tog
Cláudia
What can I say? Very bad book! I'm a fan of Patterson, but this one it's terrible... No real plot, things just seem to happen out of nowhere, no connection between the caracters, no real investigation, no twist at the end... talking about end, what the hell was that?? One of the worst and poorer endings I've ever read!!

The sentence in the synopsis: "Then, in the most unforgettable finale James Patterson has ever written, Alex Cross confronts the truth of the Wolf’s identity – a revel
John Fedele
Ugh, always a like-hate relationship with Patterson’s books. This one not much to like- juvenile writing, cartoonish characters, and over the top implausible plot. Some am I going to continue reading the series? Yeah probably the next one will be better. But this wasn’t it.
Adam Heine
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
I don't know what to do with James Patterson. His prose is amateur (coming from an amateur). His villains are cartoony. The plot just goes whether the protagonist does anything about it or not.

And yet I read the whole thing, and am even considering reading another Patterson novel on my shelf. Whatever Patterson sucks at, he's got the "What happens next?" factor down PAT.
Alaina
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
In London Bridges Alex has to face two killers that he has yet to catch: the weasel and the wolf. The weasel, aka Geoffrey Shafer, is a vicious serial killer who has been targeting prostitutes. Then there's the Wolf, who is a mastermind and psychopath, from The Big Bad Wolf.

Of course this book delivers mighty good twists and turns that I honestly had no idea were coming. It was super interesting to see how Alex realized that the Wolf and the Weasel were working together - and that they were really
Ms. Nikki
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Alex was more unbelieveable in this book than others. The voice-over guy on the audiobook seemed to only change the inflection of his voice, but didn't seem to be able to convey the characters' emotionally. I'm new to audiobooks so, maybe he wasn't meant to.

The Wolf strikes again. He'll huff and he'll puff and he'll blow the house down. He actually does this at one point. This guys seems to have eyes and ears everywhere. Cross seems to be in the background for the first half of the s
Claire Green
Mar 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
I was hoping it wasnt going to get worse after Big Bag Wolf - but it did.

plot even weaker than BBW, plot has more holes than a cheesegrater - and likely more cheese in it. usual "but im so lovable, i have a hapless lovelife but its not my fault - but i know you'll sleep with me" Cross attitude.

All I can say is - James, whichever ghost writer you are using for these books now, shoot them and write about that, it might be more entertaining than your latest offerings.
Wendy Hines
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another great Cross book! Just when I thought I knew who the Wolf was, things got twisted up and I had to guess again. Not to mention I think Patterson is setting us up for something bad to happen with Nana Mama. I figure she's gonna live forever......so I hope not!
Renee Hayes-Comage
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED the twists and turns!!! One of James finest works!!!!
Kasia
Mar 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Even when writing his 10th Alex Cross novel, James Patterson didn't shy away from an insanely complicated plot. Perhaps having a little too much on the plate and not enough appetite at the end to finish it nicely, the story has a few loose endings, but with a novel this large I can't even imagine how many pages it would take to wrap each nerve ending up into a plausible conclusion. That said, I liked the book, I had a blast reading it ( as always when it comes to Cross books) and it kept me in s ...more
Kevin
Jun 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
As if it's not enough that Alex Cross has a plethora of rather vicious bad guys just chomping at the bit to strike back against him, now he has two. In this novel, we see the return of not just the Wolf from the last Alex Cross novel, but also Geoffrey "Weasel" Shafer from Pop Goes the Weasel. And both are gunning to not just take down Cross, but bring the world to its knees via total city destruction. Yes, the Wolf and the Weasel have designs on completely destroying four major cities around th ...more
Bailey Jane
I read this book because it's in my collection, but do not recall anything whatsoever about it. The description of the book might be why. It sounds awful to me and nothing like any book I would ever enjoy. I doubt I'll read it again since the first time wasn't memorable at all.
Suzan Johnson
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!! Suspenseful, and great ending!!
Gary
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
You’ll like me better if I’m honest. The body count is so high that the author cannot take time to develop the characters, but we get characters from other, earlier books in the series. Yet, the old characters don’t change anything but appearance. I still enjoyed it some, but I was skimming, flying from the truth. I frequently heard the James Bond music, Goldfinger appeared, but in books, endless death is tolerable more than in movies. I will plough on. Inspector Montalbano and Archie Goodwin ar ...more
Joe
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
London Bridges is another example why I read Patterson's books, but I don't buy them. For the reader, the book has good momentum and for the publisher, the series has good momentum. I'm not clear on how this works. The James Patterson franchise kicks out several books a year featuring various authors and different series. Presumably the Alex Cross series is written thus far by somebody with the actual James Patterson pen name. I think this guy is really busy, a lot of irons in the fire. One in four Cro ...more
Kimberly
May 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
As a mysterious group of soldiers evacuated the population of Sunrise Valley, Detective Alex Cross is on vacation. He is called into work in Nevada when the entire area is blown up mysteriously in James Patterson’s London Bridges. The local police found a video camera that revealed the suspect behind the bombings. The FBI has been looking for this person for almost three years.
Although Cross has had a lot of experience controlling situations like these, the suspect is in control; he tells he FBI what
Randy Tramp
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sunrise Valley, Nevada is annihilated in seconds.

Major cities around the globe are threatened with total destruction.

Seattle, San Franciso, Washington D.C. and London, Alex Cross travels. Some vacation, mostly business.

This, the fastest paced Alex Cross book to date, felt like a race car or a speed boat. With twists and turns, one had to hold on tight.

I loved this read. The antagonists, "The Weasel" and "The Wolf" were the most dangerous, most colorful and mo
Stephen
Feb 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
One out of every 17 hardcover books sold in the US are written by James Patterson. Curious to see what the fuss was about, I picked this up.

Thank god I got it at a library, since I cringe at the thought of a dollar of mine greasing the gears of the Patterson book-writing machine. The writing is this book, the 10th in his Alex Cross series, is god-awful, the plotting lazy, and the characters thin as balsa. And so many exclamation points!

But to his credit, Patterson seems unembarassed
❆ Crystal ❆
2.5 stars. My least favorite of the series so far. It was just too out there... too unbelievable and there was too much going on with very little detail. Things were blowing up and people dying yet it sounded like the same sentences used to describe the lunch they had. The writing felt very disconnected with little to no emotion.
Lisa
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Always a fun read! Love this series... and surprisingly, it's difficult to guess the endings. You think you know it but then you really don't. Starting to get worried about Nana though... she's getting a little old and her health is declining. Not looking forward to the ending of that.
Rae Lake
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was really good, I got a real missions impossible vibe from this book. Alex was running all over the place. New york, london, Cuba, I felt like I was moving all over the place with them!
I feel really bad for Alex’s family though every time he thinks that he may take some time off to spend with them he ends up having to work.
description
In this book both Schafer and The Wolf are working together! They warn the Authorities that if anyone tries to investigate them they will blow up another city of cours
Susanne Leist
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After enjoying Violets Are Blue and London Bridges, I will search for other old Alex Cross books. This book is even better than Violets Are Blue. Cross is faced with pure evil. The Wolf, whose identity no one knows, is intent on destroying the major cities of western civilization. Is he a terrorist or a demented individual working on his own? As he kills people close to Cross, major bridges are destroyed. Alex Cross and the governments of the United States, France, Germany, and Israel race again ...more
Erika Hayes
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Oh boy, this thing with the Wolf went on a little too long. To avoid spoilers I'll write as generic as possible. The Wolf was a good character in the last book but became very in believabke in this book. It was just a little too much. The sub plots were great as usual but the overall story felt too far.oit for me. I am.sticking with it and have moved on the Mary, Mary and am excited to discover what happens in the sub plot of Alex's life with the big man (Alex Jr) and family. Keep reading!
Shane Phillips
Aug 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just horrible. no real "detective" work, just flying around, and almost constant nagging about work vs home. Its getting really irritating. Plus the "swoosh, clip, clop, clip, clip, boom, chapter 99, chapter 99, twinkle, twinkle" track before every chapter of the audiobook. Yes, they do say every chapter number TWICE and over 120 chapters. Very irritating.
Cecily Kyle
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wheelathoniii
These last two installments of the series really helped me start to enjoy the Alex Cross series. I seemed to have a harder time getting into them because they do have a bit of cheese factor once in a while. However, the overall drama and the crime and thrill is really intense and I quite enjoyed it!
Great Read!
Who was the guy on the roof???? (contains SPOILERS) 3 36 Aug 26, 2014 12:13AM
in order...? 7 57 Apr 17, 2013 02:36AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • Gone (Alex Delaware, #20)
  • Black Notice (Kay Scarpetta, #10)
  • Blind Alley (Eve Duncan, #5)
  • Hidden Prey (Lucas Davenport, #15)
  • The Prince of Beverly Hills (Rick Barron, #1)
  • The Mercedes Coffin (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #17)
  • Boys Will Be Boys
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cro

Alex Cross (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1)
  • Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross, #2)
  • Jack & Jill (Alex Cross, #3)
  • Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross, #4)
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross, #5)
  • Roses are Red (Alex Cross, #6)
  • Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross, #7)
  • Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross, #8)
  • The Big Bad Wolf  (Alex Cross, #9)
  • Mary, Mary (Alex Cross, #11)
“for speaking events. To find out more, go to hachettespeakersbureau.com” 0 likes