Start by marking “Platinum Passion (Gods of Love, #0)” as Want to Read:
Platinum Passion (Gods of Love, #0)

Platinum Passion

(Gods of Love)

Three people. One erotic fantasy. And a twentieth wedding anniversary like no other.

Jeannie longs for the return of passion in her marriage. Jake craves new excitement in the form of another man. Pothos is one of the erotes and an aspect of Eros, the ancient Greek god of love, and this couple's distinctive yearning has called to him. By the power of the erotes he intends t
Published December 14th 2011 (first published December 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Platinum Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Platinum Passion

Start your review of Platinum Passion (Gods of Love, #0)
Exina
My review contains adult content!

A married couple’s fantasy comes true in a dream... Or is it real?

If it is a dream, maybe it’s okay, with all the fantastic, unrealistic elements.

If it isn’t, it’s a joke.

Painless and wonderful anal sex for the first time without any preparation or lube – well, that’s a fantasy!!

And all the womb-clenchings and contractions... oh, my... Have I never felt real passion as my womb never clenched like this??? What have I missed??

“My womb feels like it’s going t
WildAboutBones
4.5 Stars!! Just one night can change everything for the god of erotic love. The last night of the season is full of possibilities. A story of a rekindled romance, ignited passion for all involved and an unexpected outcome for one.

Jeannie, sitting in bed one night beside her sleeping husband of 20 years, has just finished reading a book when a man, the spitting image of the hot cover model, appears in the doorway of her bedroom.

The stranger says he's been sent from Eros to ignite the passion of
Alyssa
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
This review posted at Hesperia Loves Books

This book was on fire! Jennifer Lynne combines just the right amount of love, passion & eroticism to make this a smokin’ hot read and a MUST add to your TBR list. If you are in between books and need a quick read novella to fill the space, Platinum Passion is perfect.

Jeannie & Jake have been married for 20 years and between kids, work and the everyday routine the spark between them has been lost. Their love for one another is still just as strong as when
Sassafrass
A review for The Romance Reviews.

This short story sure did pack a big erotic punch! PLATINUM PASSION brought romance, love, passion, and the mysticism of the gods all together in a seriously sexy way.

Jeannie and her husband, Jake, have been married for twenty years. As much as she loves him though, she laments that the spark seems to be missing from their relationship. But when her dream man, Pothos, shows up on the night of her twentieth wedding anniversary, things are about to get interesting.
Bookfanatic
This is an extremely short book. The entire story happens in one night. It's a smutty book about a couple, married twenty years, looking to spice up their love life. Their wishes are heard by one of Aphrodite's offspring. He has one night with them. Both of them. Individually and together. It sounds a lot hotter than it really is. For a god of love, he really didn't do anything erotic that would have blown my socks off. I've had better experiences with mere mortal men. This author likes to use t ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Alyn's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

3.5 Stars

Platinum Passion is the first in this series of novella-length stories about the erotes: Pothos – god of sexual yearning, Himeros – god of sexual desire, and Anteros – god of unrequited/requited love.

The erotes are aspects of the primal god, Eros, and the children of Aphrodite.

Her influence will be evident throughout the Gods of Love series. But the celebration of the ancient Greek gods of love begins in Platinum Passion with the gorgeous Pothos,
Jody
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Those looking for a short and sexy read to jumpstart your day have found just the prescription with Platinum Passion by Jennifer Lynne. From the very start the reader is drawn into a magical dream-like world where all your fantasies are met and before you know it you've reached the end of the journey with a satisfied exhalation.

As the first book in the Gods of Love series the reader is given a gentle introduction to the world of the erotes, Greek gods of love whose purpose is to bring romance t
Laurie Garrison
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Wild about bones review below

The stranger says he's been sent from E
Niina
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot, 2012-challenge
(3.5 Stars!) Pothos God of Sexual Yearning visits an aussie couple on their 20th Anniversay night to ignite the passion that's been non-existent lately.

Jeannie has been wanting the spark back and Jake has had a fantasy of a man joining them in bed, as much for him as for her. Believing Pothos' visit is a dream they give into their wildest desires - and end up spending one sweaty, passion filled night on the beach with the God of Love.

This short novella begun with almost a dream like haze, Lynne
Roz Lee
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance readers
I was able to snag a pre-release copy of this book, and for once, I'm glad I did. First let me say, it's a short read - perfect for an evening when you need a bit of escape. It's also a delightful read. The romance is heartwarming, the sex is hot, and the ending will leave you with a smile on your face, and perhaps a yearning to add some spice to your own relationship.

Ms. Lynne has taken a modern day couple, complete with all the stresses of daily life and added a bit of fantasy to give them a
Lucy Felthouse
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Platinum Passion is a seriously hot erotic romance novella by Jennifer Lynne. It's a paranormal, and it tells the tale of Jeannie and her husband Jake, and what happens on their twentieth wedding anniversary.
A mysterious man appears in their bedroom, and Jeannie is convinced she's dreaming. The guy looks as though he's walked straight off the cover of the romance novel she was reading, and it appears that he wants her. Really wants her. After hearing his explanation, she goes with him, and what
Danielle Forrest
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think what I like most about these stories so far is how completely accepting they are of people or ideas that are outside the norm. These stories are short, not allowing a lot of time for character development or much plot.

The first novella in the series, it read a lot like any other MMF erotica. Though, I did like how the menage was portrayed as sort of an extension of a loving marriage, rather than major kink (even though there was plenty of that!). She is completely unwilling to go further
Jen
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very sexy passion filled short story. Not for the faint of heart as it has some male on male loving. It was tastefully written and perfect for the reader who is just being introduced to m/m love scenes.
The book is about a couple who have been married for 20 years and they are celebrating their anniversary. Both have been feeling as if there sex life has been not as exciting as it used to be.
"Pothos" a mythical greek character comes into the scene and helps the couple act out their long time f
Eva Millien
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Gods of Love series is a fast, red hot erotic fantasy including MMF and MFM.

Pothos the God of sexual yearning helps a young couple rejuvenate their sex life on their twentieth anniversary by giving them a night of passion worthy of a platinum anniversary.

The love between Jeannie and Jake is obvious and the author conveys that in every word and action that the couple speaks. The emotions and the fantasy created by Pothos are vivid and detailed drawing the reader along with t
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
A wife fantasizes with a mystery man in her book and is surprised when the mystery man appears to her in her bedroom.

Everything was going great until the wife wakes up her husband and tells the mystery man she wants to see them both go at it, too. *record scratch* for me right there. I'm too greedy, I'd want both men for myself and to be the center of the attention LOL

Otherwise, the sex was very well written and it's definitely a hot and steamy read.

Platinum Passion features:

erotica
menage
m/m
m
Jennifer Probst
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story! It was short, sweet, and super hot. I loved the concept of a 20 year marriage grown a bit dull, though they loved each other completely. It mirrored modern problems. Enter Pathos to spice things up! The author used the emotions of the main characters to deepen the romance. Well handled - a def must read!
Patricia Mason
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hot with Heart. This story is hot....did I mention hot? It's hot. But though this story involves some very spicy threesome action, the author does an artful job of establishing a believable and heartfelt romance between Jeannie and Jack. And throw in the intriguing paranormal premise that sets the story in motion and I was hooked. A thoroughly enjoyable erotic romance. ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

I really enjoyed this read and I'm impressed with the amount of passion and story Ms. Lynne was able to pack into thirty-six pages. I'm looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.
Kiru Taye
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the premise of a married couple reigniting their love and passion for each other with the help of a love god on their wedding anniversary. A sexy novella. I look forward to reading more from Jennifer Lynne.
Sandy S
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it
PLATINUM PASSION BY Jennifer Lynne

FROM THE AUTHOR’S NOTES: As always in Greek mythology there are many different versions from which to pick and choose, and researching the erotes was not exception. The most popular belief seems to be that the erotes were a group of winged gods who were the children of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and sexuality who was born from the foam of the sea, and that the Greek god Eros was either their father or one of their brothers.

Another belief, and the one t
Ing
Mar 16, 2012 rated it liked it
My Thoughts:
Jeannie and Jake are in a rut. Twenty years of marriage and everyday stresses of life has taken some of the passion out of their marriage. On the night of their twentieth anniversary Jeannie and Jake is visited by Pothos the Greek god of love. Pothos has been sent to help kick start some of the passion back into this marriage. Pothos appears in both their dreams taking them on a journey where he joins in and helps them live out some of their darkest desires!

Platinum Passion is a nice
MARQUETTA
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I seem to be reading a lot of books where a married couple is trying to add spice back into their marriage and I love it! I think there needs to be more. Not everyone is single, looking for love. There are plenty out there who has found Mr. Right but due to family, work, everyday stresses and life in general, sex becomes less of a priority.

Jeannie and Jake are still in love but after 20 years of marriage, their sex life isn't what it used to be. Jeannie has been finding her sexual solace between
Anne Odom
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sexy
This may sound like a romance, but if you look at the cover and read more full descriptions, you'll realize it's really erotic fiction. It's a novella, so there's not much room for character development before getting into the sex. However, the author does a good job of painting a complex and wistful picture of the married couple's relationship in quick strokes.

I like that the acts are fully consensual, with the husband and wife checking in with each other before significant events in the threes
Kaetrin
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Jeannie and Jake have been married for 20 years. They still love each other but their sex life has waned with the pressure of work, family and life in general. Pothos, one of the erotes (an aspect of the Greek god Eros) comes to them both, to reawaken their passion. I'm glad that most of the contact between these 3 was when all three were present. I was a little uncomfortable at first when Pothos initially appeared only to Jeannie and transported her to a moonlit beach in Port Douglas (where she ...more
(Nat) Reading Romances
"What really got me excited to read this title was the greek gods being incorporated as humans, each with a character in the series will represent an erotic “side” to each novella. That idea was very interesting to me, I liked the approach towards the mythology.

There were parts that I enjoyed and others that I didn’t understand where the story was heading. In my opinion, some of the fantasy elements didn’t quite work for a couple of scenes – I felt like the contemporary setting wasn’t compelling
PepperP0t
4stars -- Turning a Flicker Into A Flame

This very brief novelette is all about fanning that mundane flicker back into a flame. After twenty years, Jenny & Jake are like so many couples who have become so comfortable with each other that their flame has dimmed to a flicker. Guided by the Eros erote, Pothos, they explore their hidden sexual desires.

Although part of a series I thought this read quite well as a stand-alone and I am looking forward to the other novellas of the series.
Tracie R
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aphrodite's Gods of Love

Platinum Passion

Jean and Jake have loved each other since they were younger but lately life seems to be getting in the way and they never find the time for each other. With their 20th wedding anniversary upon them that is all about to change with a wish and a special gift Jean & Jake will find a love stronger than ever before.

I enjoyed reading Gods of Love by Jennifer Lynne and look forward to what Aphrodite has in store for us next
Awilk -never sleeps-
Not much to say about this. I didn't take long to read it, so that was a plus. Not sure why I didn't like it more. I think it just wasn't for me. The idea had promise, but I don't think it lived up to the potential it had.Ms Lynne's writing style isn't for me. Don't let my low rating stop you, as I can see why other people would enjoy it more. ...more
Valerie
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Must say I was surprised.. this book had quite a lot of passion and erotica to be a very hot read. Its short but hits the spot.

Jake and Jeannie are the typical married couple of 20 years ...and have adapted to the normal routine and lost the lust of marriage.. They meet Pothos who changes everything. who helped them open up and recreate the spark. It was excellent insight.
Lori
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, ebooks
A BOTM read that I forgot to mark as read.

it is was a nice quick read. A different romance than I've read in the past because the main H/h have been married for a while and just needed encouragement in the bedroom.

• The Arabis Triad (Negari, #2)
  • Wolf Mated (Blood World, #1)
  • My Boys
  • Sinclair (Bad Boys of WildeSide, #2)
  • Huge Players (Huge, #9)
  • Draekon Conquerer (Rebel Force, #2)
  • Warrior Daddy (Montana Daddies, #6)
  • Wilde (Bad Boys of Wildeside #1)
  • Draekon Pirate (Rebel Force #3)
  • Luke (Bad Boys of WildeSide, #3)
  • Axxeon King's Captive (Mates for Axxeon 9 #1)
  • Dreikx (Hordesmen #5)
  • Toffee Apple (Sweet Curves #8)
  • Axxeon Commander's Pet (Mates for Axxeon 9 #2)
  • Taken by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #1)
  • Claimed by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #2)
  • Fever (Hordesmen #4)
  • Saved by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #3)
Jen Katemi is a USA Today bestselling author of steamy contemporary and paranormal romance. Jen is published with Evernight Publishing, and previously as Jennifer Lynne with Red Sage Publishing. She also has forged a successful indie career starting with her popular GODS OF LOVE, BLOOD FAE CHRONICLES and FORBIDDEN series.

When she’s not writing, Jen looks after the family, pampers various cats, and

Gods of Love (5 books)
  • Aphrodite Calling (Gods of Love, #2)
  • Sex Club Secrets (Gods of Love, #0)
  • Immortal Seduction (Gods of Love, #4)
  • Demon of Envy (Gods of Love, #0)

News & Interviews