Start by marking “Small Bunny's Blue Blanket” as Want to Read:
Small Bunny's Blue Blanket

Small Bunny's Blue Blanket

Small Bunny does everything with Blue Blanket. Blue Blanket helps him paint the best pictures, go the highest on the swings, and read the hardest words. They need each other.

But one day, Small Bunny's mother insists Blue Blanket needs to be washed.

She says Blue Blanket will be as good as new after. But Bunny isn't sure he likes new. Will his friend ever be the same?
Published June 12th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Small Bunny's Blue Blanket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Bunny's Blue Blanket

Archit Ojha
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks

Cuteness overloaded.

I need a Swiss bank to store this adorable a bunny.

I'm gonna read this over and over again for the way it made me feel.
Kayce
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had a security blanket for longer than I'd like to admit, so I can totally relate to Small Bunny's attachment to his blue blanket (especially the aspects of that attachment that border on obsession... haha). A very cute read-aloud.
Library Quine

A simple tale about a small bunny who does not want to be separated from his blue blanket. The pictures are deceptively simple, yet amply show Bunny's reluctance to hand over the blanket for washing, and his subsequent separation anxiety. The line drawings are a little pale, I wonder how easy they will be to view in a group storytelling? This book would make a lovely early reader as long as the blue text is not a problem.
Jessica
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The story is simple and sweet, but the pictures are what make this awesome. The bunny looks like a marshmallow with a scribble for a tail, yet his every emotion is clear. My toddler laughed and laughed over this book-- something about the bunny is just so delightful!
Christina
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book perfectly captures the importance and meaning of blankets/lovies.
Kimberly
Some of the most anxious moments I've had as an adult have been related to my teddy bear. Specifically, they've been related to putting Bear in the wash. I've had him since I was about 18 months old, which means he's approaching the ripe old age of 27 this year. That's a long time in teddy bear years. Bear gets washed once per year, maybe twice if I can bring myself to do it. I sleep using him as my pillow, so I realize that's pretty gross. However, he's 27 years old, and the washer is a violent ...more
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, picture-book
for all those kids (and even adults who remember their blanket) - this one captures the emotion perfectly...I loved when the mother said it would only be 1 minute while the blanket washed and it was really 107 minutes - This would be a good read aloud too.
John
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Blue Blanket helps Small Bunny swing, paint, read, and play. He's the perfect friend.
Chally
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The rating is on behalf of my guinea pig Pepper, who enjoyed this book very much indeed.
Alicia Evans
We used this in our Hip Hop: Things that Hop stoytime this week. I have seen several books where we see a little one's dirty stuffed animal or blanket and this is a nice addition. The kids liked it well enough, but they didn't fully grasp the humor. The caregivers liked it though, so it's definitely one of those picture books that either requires discussion or that's more for the caregivers than the young readers.

For: fans bunnies or blankets, or caregivers wanting to reassure their little ones
Renee
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bunny does not like it when his mom washes his treasured blue blanket that he takes everywhere with him. Short, cute, and some spots that gave me a chuckle.

Would go nicely with knuffle bunny, corduroy, something smells, etc.
Dewey
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So cute! And the illustrations are great.
Meredith
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet. Even though the blanket is gross again by the end.
Anna Cervone
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby, daniel-s-books
I loved the simplicity of pictures in the book! Also, it's a great way to emphasize the color 'blue' for a baby !
Sara
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Love the simplistic bunny shape. So cute!
Michelle
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for babies and toddlers
Tracey
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am exactly this bunny!
Storywraps
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh the love affair between a little one and their blankie....there is nothing quite like it in our universe. The peace, security and happiness that a blankie can bring cannot be measured by any standards. This adorable little tale extrapolates on this theme and your little one, sitting on your lap right now, or curled up beside you in the bed, with his blankie tucked around him, can attest to the truth expounded in this book.

Small Bunny has a fluffy, blue friend called Blue Blanket. They are bes
Heidi-Marie
I may not have been a Linus, but I certainly loved my blanket. (It was yellow. With bunnies, actually.) So this story made me smile about Bunny's love for his blanket. And the whole washing part? Fabulous. Pictures are very simple, but I loved them. Especially when bunny was trying to hide under the bed. Must try in storytime. I think the kids could relate and have a laugh or two.

Normally just 3 stars. But the 107 minutes makes it 4.

2/6/13 & 2/7/13: perfect addition for "comfort" theme, thou
Marti
Sep 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-reader
Eh... kind of cute story and illustrations but it didn't really grab me. Mainly pencil drawings w/ a little blue for the blanket, kind of typical story about a child and his blankie (and how it's better dirty rather than washed).

What happens when the best friend that you do everything with suddenly looks and feels (and smells?) different? In this story, Small Bunny whose best friend, Blue Blanket assists him in many endeavors, from reading to painting to sand castle building. But when Small Bun
Diane
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
There once was a small bunny who loved his "blue blanket". He did everything with this "blue blanket": it went on the swing with him, rode in his wagon, he painted with it at his side and even had it near him in the sandbox. But a small bunny gets dirty and so does a "blue blanket", so when mom suggests washing the blanket, bunny doesn't like the idea. Mom said it would take (1) minute, but bunny watched and waited and it too (107) minutes to wash and dry. Bunny was not happy -- he missed his bl ...more
Habrewer
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: lilly-read
Small Bunny’s Blue Blanket by Tatyana Feeney
Release Date – June 12, 2012
*A review copy of this book was viewed from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

Small Bunny and his blanket are best friends. He does everything with him, including playing in the sandbox. Blue Bunny gets dirty and mommy gives him a bath but small bunny wants him back just the way he was.

This is a cute book that tells of the friendship of a bunny and his blue blanket. The pages have a “blue” overtone, including the wo
Arminzerella
Small Bunny is very attached to his blue blanket – they do everything together. When Small Bunny’s mom decides blue blanket needs a (gasp!) bath, Small Bunny is skeptical – he likes blue blanket the way it is. Anxious about blue blanket, Small Bunny watches the entire cleaning and drying process. Blue blanket is not the same afterward, but Small Bunny works hard to restore it to its former (assumed grimy) state. Simple, but elegant drawings of Small Bunny (a white rectangular blob with wonky ear ...more
Ariel Cummins
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Simple little story about what happens when Small Bunny's best friend and favorite thing ever, blue blanket, has to be washed. Everything turns out just fine! This book would be excellent for any kid who has a favorite blanket or stuffed animal or whatever, and needs some reassurance that it will still be perfect when it comes out of the washer (or gets repaired or patched!).

Mostly white pages feature the small bunny, sketched with pencil, and the collage blanket. They keep the focus on the blan
Kristi
Small Bunny takes his blanket everywhere. All his daily activities, painting, reading, playing in the sandbox, are accomplished with blue blanket by his side. But his mother soon says that both Small Bunny and his blue blanket need washing. She reassures him that the blanket will be "as good as new." But Small Bunny doesn't want new, he wants his very well loved blanket. He watches the washing machine, ears and posture slowly drooping, through the 107 minutes it takes for it to be washed. Blue b ...more
Sara Sipos
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is a good book that I would use to start teaching small children independence and understanding. Some small children may have an item that they feel is their "blue blanket" but are unable to bring it to school with them. This book could help teach them that it's ok if you have an item you are attached to and want to be with all the time. I don't think I would use it in a lesson in my classroom, but could put it on the bookshelf and have as a resource if a child was having difficulty be ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, bunny
Small Bunny does everything with his blanket. Soon Mommy Bunny things that the Bunny/Blanket duo need baths--both of them. Bunny takes a bath but then is worried when blanket takes a bath in the washing machine. Blanket is different after being hung to dry. But soon Small Bunny is able to take Blanket on adventures again and all is back to normal.

This is another sweet book about a small one's attachment to a blankie. Pair it with Kiki's Blankie and you will have the beginning of a fun blanket st
Nicole
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a story of adapting to change. Small Bunny thought his blue blanket would be different after time apart in the washer, he realized that things did not have to be different when he played with his blue blanket after it was cleaned. I really liked how the color scheme of the story stayed to shades of blue and white, this emphasizes the blanket and its importance to Small Bunny. As children go through many changes this story can be used as a tool to show that change is not a bad part of lif ...more
The Library Lady
This is very simple and clean--an all blue, black and white palette, right down to the type. The artwork is childlike in its simplicity. "Small Bunny" is a blocky little character and the pictures are basic--a picture of a bedroom shows just the bed, and that's it. No backgrounds.

The story too is basic--the line about his mom saying washing his blanket will take a minute followed by "Actually, it took 107," is funny and very real seeming. Aside from that, nothing new here in a classic "blanket"
Sara Grochowski
Small Bunny and Blue Blanket are inseparable, doing everything together... even playing in the sandbox. When Mommy insists that Small Bunny and Blue Blanket both need a bath, Small Bunny doesn't agree. Blue Blanket is perfect and Small Bunny doesn't like change one little bit. Mommy thinks Blue Blanket is good as new; Small Bunny is skeptical. But, after a day of swinging, painting, reading, and playing, Blue Blanket is just as he used to be... Perfect. Minimal text and simple illustrations with ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Happy Birthday, Bunny!
  • The Easter Bunny's Assistant
  • Oliver
  • Huff & Puff
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • The Insomniacs