Start by marking “Pullela Gopi Chand: The World Beneath His Feat” as Want to Read:
Pullela Gopi Chand: The World Beneath His Feat

Pullela Gopi Chand: The World Beneath His Feat

Biography of Pullela Gopi Chand, b. 1973, Indian badminton player.
320 pages
Published 2011 by Rupa Publications India

To ask other readers questions about Pullela Gopi Chand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pullela Gopi Chand

Start your review of Pullela Gopi Chand: The World Beneath His Feat
C Mahesh
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before reading this book I had not read about GopiChand except that he got dronacharya award. When I saw the news the feeling was why is the award given to such a person of small age.

But, after reading the book. I came to know about the GopiChand's extraordinary, amazing, personal, mental character. He is one of the jewels of India.

After retirement , generally people relax. But, he has put the India into the different league on world map.

It is one of the best books I have read. He is also one o
Samridhi Khurana
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This biography is written by Sanjay Sharma, a badminton pundit himself who witnessed the rise and the struggle of Pullela Gopichand. Gopi's story is inspirational on so many levels. This is a story for all of us, and not just the badminton fraternity. He made through some of the most severe injuries in his career. With his never-say-die attitude and single-minded approach to the game, he conquered the All England Championship. Here is a man, who has seen such terrible days, with his family strug ...more
Vemuri
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Brilliant journey of an almost fanatic non cricket sports star who has and is driving Indian badminton to the top. The narration unfortunately doesn't do justice to the man or the journey.

Nonetheless I would recommend reading this to get a glimpse of sheer grit and determination also called Gopi Chand.
Mayank Nema
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read

An inspirational account of the living prodigy. In spite of several set backs how he come back everytime for his dream. Description of bird battle is very realistic will give you goosebumps. Yes, he is one of a kind.
Harish Challapalli
Like most of the Indians, I came to know about Gopichand after his infamous win in the All England 2001. I clearly remember watching the finals live and I can say that’s the first badminton match I watched completely.

He has all the traits of a hero. Being a sports icon from our state, I read about him often in the vernacular news papers but donot know much about his pre all England career until I read this book.

This book is so racy and very insightful. I thank the author, who himself being a for
Abhi
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Devang Patel
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not just meant for badminton players
Motivational for all...
Siddharth
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb websites
Sreedhar Kurakula
Story of a true fighter..it inspires people of all walks of life. Badminton is just a bacdrop..Gopichand would have excelled equally in any chosen field..thanks to his determination.

Praveen Thumma
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An Inspiration
Vikas Singh
Dec 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone, Badminton lovers, sportsmen, biography lovers
Recommended to Vikas by: my passion for Badminton

• Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
  • మహా ప్రస్థానం [Maha Prasthanam]
  • కాశీ మజిలీ కథలు [Kasi Majili Kathalu]
  • To Pixar and Beyond: My Unlikely Journey with Steve Jobs to Make Entertainment History
  • Mind Without Fear